Thread: Deliberately slowing down metabolism? page 5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Love that article.
    I feel you
    nihil

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    There's more to the story than just o3 and o6, or fat vs. lean... What are the animals eating (whatever's cheapest, meaning... you don't even wanna know), is there space for them to move/develop muscle (usually no), are they getting antiobiotic injections (yes, shitloads of them, to prevent them from dying from their horrible living conditions).

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Well, no. If I cut back on the dairy and meat, I don't know what the hell I would be eating for the majority of my calories. And don't tell me coconuts because I am so sick of everything being coconut over in the PB world - I'm not freaking Robinson Crusoe over here. I'm in Canada where EVERYTHING is WAAAAY more expensive in the US because the market is that much smaller and less competitive and I refuse on principle to shell out $40/kg on grassfed beef or pastured chicken, even if it's once a week. So I do what I can with the "organic" pork and beef from the market and grocery-store chicken breast.
    Last edited by unchatenfrance; 03-18-2013 at 02:10 PM.

o6 levels directly tell what they've been eating, and the fat is where the toxins are stored.

I don't eat much meat period because I'm way too sensitive to the treatment of animals, and organic dairy is far cheaper. With meat mostly absent from my diet, I avoid the largest source of tryptophan in diet, which works too.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    Well, no. If I cut back on the dairy and meat, I don't know what the hell I would be eating for the majority of my calories. And don't tell me coconuts because I am so sick of everything being coconut over in the PB world - I'm not freaking Robinson Crusoe over here. I'm in Canada where EVERYTHING is WAAAAY more expensive in the US because the market is that much smaller and less competitive and I refuse on principle to shell out $40/kg on grassfed beef or pasteured chicken, even if it's once a week. So I do what I can with the "organic" pork and beef from the market and grocery-store chicken breast.
    Eat more eggs? They're like $4/dozen for organic ones. (I've actually been eating vegan for 2.5 months so it's definitely possible to live without meat/fish and DEFINITELY possible to live without dairy, as I cut that out ages ago with no problems).

Eat more nuts, too... avocado... lots of veggies... personally I would say grains are less harmful than CAFO meat but that's a personal belief and not scientific fact.

Well, no. If I cut back on the dairy and meat, I don't know what the hell I would be eating for the majority of my calories. And don't tell me coconuts because I am so sick of everything being coconut over in the PB world - I'm not freaking Robinson Crusoe over here. I'm in Canada where EVERYTHING is WAAAAY more expensive in the US because the market is that much smaller and less competitive and I refuse on principle to shell out $40/kg on grassfed beef or pastured chicken, even if it's once a week. So I do what I can with the "organic" pork and beef from the market and grocery-store chicken breast.
    Organic brand means it can't be injected with hormones and shit, so you're fine.

Oysters are pretty cheap, and have a really high amount of nutrients. Potatoes are cheap, cooking them really well and making a soup gives you a safe option for a good source of aminos. Also, sometimes butchers give away bones for broth too.
    nihil

Organic is better than nothing, but cows that eat corn get intestinal diseases, e.coli, etc. and mistreated animals have constant cortisol emissions, which wreak the same havoc on their immune systems that they would on a human...

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Eat more nuts, too... avocado... lots of veggies... personally I would say grains are less harmful than CAFO meat but that's a personal belief and not scientific fact.
    No one should eat nuts, avocados are hepotoxic, and green vegetables are not suitable for human consumption.
    nihil

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I already eat a lot of eggs, which are $5/dozen for conventional and $7/dozen for organic in my city. I don't know where the heck you're getting yours for $4. I'm allergic to fish and shellfish so I don't eat those, but I do eat plenty of potatoes and I do get soup bones from my butcher. I'll take my CAFO meat over grains - at least the meat doesn't give me gas.

How are nuts better from an O6 perspective?

You want to talk about mistreatment in captivity? Meet the Canadian consumer.
    Last edited by unchatenfrance; 03-18-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I already eat a lot of eggs, which are $5/dozen for conventional and $7/dozen for organic in my city. I'm allergic to fish and shellfish so I don't eat those. I'll take my CAFO meat over grains - at least the meat doesn't give me gas.

How are nuts better from an O6 perspective?
    I operate more from an emotional standpoint than a "here's this article that says this so I'm gonna do this"

Seems obvious to me that eating the meat of unhealthy animals is not the path to good health. If that doesn't seem obvious to you, then by all means continue to do so.

I don't eat tons of nuts, just a handful here and there, I eat tons of veggies, green ones, orange ones, salads, potatoes, fruit here and there, and after giving up grains and legumes for 6+ months I reintroduced them and felt better (I'm about 95% gluten-free, though).

You should try to find out if there are any farmers nearby. I know it's cold up there so there might be fewer than there are here in Ohio... You may be surprised to find that demand for quality meat/eggs/dairy nearby is higher than you think, though, and that there are people around you running businesses in attempt to meet those needs.

I don't exercise very much (see first post), so that keeps my caloric needs down, I suppose.
    Last edited by 2ndChance; 03-18-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast