Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deliberately slowing down metabolism? page 2

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    Why not just IF if you want to save money on food? Or live off of potatoes?
    IF makes me feel like crap. I do eat a lot of potatoes, though.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I agree with others that metabolism is probably best if it's in the "middle of the road". Too slow and you are basically in starvation mode and can't make sex hormones and will feel like crap. Too fast and you'll probably feel great for a while, but will more than likely crash eventually.

Where is Derpamix? He was saying in some other thread how he drinks 15 cups of coffee a day and takes cytomel. This would most certainly "speed up your metabolism" and probably lead to poor health eventually. I think Ray Peat has written some things that lead people to do stuff like that. Explain yourself, Derpa!

Yeah, I know one thing I could do is cut caffeine, but I'm not going to do that just for the sake of slowing my metabolism; I'd rather have the energy. I think this thread has made me realize I'm already where I need to be. That's always good!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Learn from the crocodiles and the big serpents, and do the same as them! Eat a huge, enormous meal once a week and spend the rest of the time in your cave digesting it! Do not move around, but stay resting all your time - do not even read anything! And remember to mate only once every third years or so… Living like that will for sure slow down your metabolism and maybe you’ll be able to live until you are 180 years as well…

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea i think your a bit off your rocker if you want to slow down metabolism to save money.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Learn from the crocodiles and the big serpents, and do the same as them! Eat a huge, enormous meal once a week and spend the rest of the time in your cave digesting it! Do not move around, but stay resting all your time - do not even read anything! And remember to mate only once every third years or so… Living like that will for sure slow down your metabolism and maybe you’ll be able to live until you are 180 years as well…
    What an amazing post.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Slow methabolism unfortunately does not equate no appetite Means most you consume goes into fat....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Or maybe it'll only seem like 180 years...

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Is it a sign of trouble that eating a huge meal and sleeping it off in some cave for a week sounds really good (and that sex is overrated anyway), but you know that even if you did not have to cook that meal first, make sure that everyone is set with meals for that week you will be sleeping, and found a cave you did not have to set up first you won't be able to sleep longer than 7 hours anyway and then get hungry and anxious?
    Last edited by Leida; 03-18-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Leida, I see your posts around, and it sounds like you're having a really hard time finding a plan that works for you. It makes me wish I could help you somehow! Life shouldn't be such a chore!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast