Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex and Primal relationships page 2

Susie is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    That last was a reply to Richard.

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie View Post
    Agreed. I guess it's a chicken or the egg question.
    I'v never been into casual relationships. The sex part of a relationship does not have to be on the first date does it.
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Susie is offline Junior Member
    No, but is it unreasonable to not want to be taken on a test drive before the person decides if they want to be with you?

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    No, but is it unreasonable to not want to be taken on a test drive before the person decides if they want to be with you?
    I totally Agree Susie. While sex is a healthy part of the whole relationship thing, test drives arn't my idea of romantic at all, and can spoil what perhaps could be a good relationship if done too soon.
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I can't fathom committing to being with someone with whom I might not be sexually compatible. I don't think it's immoral or unfair to consider the sexual aspect of a relationship important, and I personally resent any implication to that effect.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i've met guys who weren't all that interested in sex and it made me not want to pursue relationships with them.

you're just not meeting guys who want what you do right now.

eta: oh, and plenty of aboriginal people are not hung up on monogamy, nor is female "promiscuity" looked down upon. they're allowed to be autonomous with their bodies, without everybody around slut-shaming them because of stoopid western patriarchy judgi-ness.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 03-18-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I can't fathom committing to being with someone with whom I might not be sexually compatible. I don't think it's immoral or unfair to consider the sexual aspect of a relationship important, and I personally resent any implication to that effect.
    Well said and I agree.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    He promise to call you back OP?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I think you guys are talking about different things. I don't think Susie is saying that a person should wait til they're married to have sex - just that she would prefer if the guy had honourable intentions. Then the cards can fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    He promise to call you back OP?
    I had the same feeling..!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Noni56 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    you're just not meeting guys who want what you do right now.
    Yessss. I met a guy once who was only interested in getting married and starting a family, and while he was a great guy, I wasn't at that stage in my life and refused to date him because I knew we wouldn't be happy together.

Also sexual compatibility is incredibly important to me, I would never make a life-long commitment to someone without knowing something so intimate and important for happiness in a healthy couple. Likewise, living together before marriage is also important to me. I like monogamy, but I'm gonna make sure it's with someone I've got a future with.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast