Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal/Paleo gurus.

Hybrid View

Primal/Paleo gurus.

Sisson, Wolf, Kresser et all...Are they slightly out of touch with reality? I am grateful for the work they have done and it has without a doubt changed my life, but when you sell 500,000 books, supplements, etc, then it's easy enough to say "eat grass fed beef" or similar.

Just a thought.

It's only a piece of a thought. You have not conveyed an opinion of any kind. Read it out loud to yourself. It doesn't mean anything yet.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Did I have to convey an opinion?

That's typically what a topic does. If you want people to reply, which I assume you do, you'll probably want to complete your thought. As of now, you've said words as meaningful as, "Giraffe blue blue." I'm just trying to help you. Do you think gurus are amazing for saying "eat grass-fed beef" or are you angry at them? Do you wish you were a guru?
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

It's fairly simple to understand what I was implying.

It's easy for anyone to say 'eat grass fed beef' you just did it, oh shit I said it too, and not even written a book let alone sold one
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

In middle school language arts, what the OP posted was an incomplete thought. You gave the "what" but there is no "why" or "how".
    Georgette

Jesus Christ, what a bunch of pedants. When Sisson et all have sold that many books and are successful with their supplementation range, thus being financially (very) well off, then it's easy for them to shout from the rooftops that we should all be eating (expensive) grass fed/pastured/wild caught meat and fish. Which links it to the question: are they out of touch with reality?

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Jesus Christ, what a bunch of pedants. When Sisson et all have sold that many books and are successful with their supplementation range, thus being financially (very) well off, then it's easy for them to shout from the rooftops that we should all be eating (expensive) grass fed/pastured/wild caught meat and fish. Which links it to the question: are they out of touch with reality?
    I've yet to find a primal/paleo blogger that hasn't addressed this issue and written about doing the best you can with what's available to you. Just from memory, I've seen Mark Sisson say it, Robb Wolf has a whole e-book on the issue of doing Paleo on a budget, and I recently came across a paragraph saying the same thing while thumbing through Diane Sanfilipo's book, to name 3 examples off the top of my head.

Of course, there's months when my grocery bills approach my mortgage payment, while a lot of my clothes have holes and I shop at garage sales and dumpster-dive. Your priorities may shift once you realize how valuable your health is. And I don't need Mark Sisson or Chris Kresser to shove the "do what you can" caveat down my throat every time they want to tell me about the health benefits of bone marrow or whatever. They're on record. I read it, I internalized it, I got it. You should do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I've yet to find a primal/paleo blogger that hasn't addressed this issue and written about doing the best you can with what's available to you. Just from memory, I've seen Mark Sisson say it, Robb Wolf has a whole e-book on the issue of doing Paleo on a budget, and I recently came across a paragraph saying the same thing while thumbing through Diane Sanfilipo's book, to name 3 examples off the top of my head.

Your priorities may shift once you realize how valuable your health is.
    this. do a little searching. and then do what you can. you might have to make some tough decisions too...grassfed beef or a $200+ a month cable bill? locally farmed veggies or a $500 a month car payment? pastured pork or an unnecessary cellphone upgrade. i think its shocking how people are caught up with the "keeping up with the jonses" mentallity and how they can get the latest gadget, and they won't prioritize their own health.