Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~Traveller~ page

Traveller is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal ~Traveller~

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

right now I'm just sitting here hating myself, because in a moment of stress I had a banana (already had two), a cup of sugary hot chocolate, a spoonful of chocolate spread, and haven't done my pull ups. I feel weak, undisciplined, and fat. I'm starting this primal journal, hoping that it'll give me some motivation and encouragement, which I desperately need.

So, starting measurements: Waist-27.75''
    Hips-33''

Traveller.
    Last edited by Traveller; 03-20-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Traveller,

You are not alone on the primal journey, we are all feeling our way. There are enough ups and downs to realise that there is no point in hating oneself for the occasional slip or bad patch. None of your crimes sounds so very terrible to me, anyway. Have another go tomorrow.

Peace.

Day 1

First of all: thanks Annieh, I appreciate your input.

So:

For breakfast, I had one large hard-boiled egg, dipped in salt and pepper. I'm not usually hungry in the morning, so that was all I needed.

The rest of the day was a bit...haphazard. For a sort of early lunch I had a banana, then about an hour later I had an apple. Then a family member went to some organic shop and bought a big gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, just-about-everything-free chocolate biscuit. Had a few bites of that. Then a few bites of a cashew and date bar, which was from the same shop.
    Then I got bored, which was my downfall. I had a teaspoon of chocolate spread. >sighs<.
    Then a cup of tea with 1 tsp of honey, and unsweetened almond milk.

For dinner, it was stir-fry and steak.

Thoughts:

I think I may be having to much fruit. An apple and banana within two hours...hmm. And both are apparently high in sugar, and the banana in carbs.

As for exercise, Whenever I find myself in an empty room, I drop and do ten push-ups, which strangely I enjoy. They're not very deep, but still. I probably did three of these. And I attempted ten pull-ups. Attempted. Oh, and a 2.4 km walk.

Goals for tomorrow:

Less fruit, NO chocolate spread. And no just-about-everything-free chocolate biscuit.

Bye!

Traveller.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hey your breakfast was the same as mine! And at least most of your grazing was primal, but if you manage to keep your goals for tomorrow then I fear you will starve unless you replace your snacks with a proper primal lunch.

Yes, I'll definitely have to replace them with an actual lunch. I don't really like grazing...it makes me feel like I'm eating more than I am, but not in a good way.
    Thanks!

Day 2 -12:40pm-

So far, everything's going great.

I skipped breakfast (wasn't hungry), and had this awesome fry up for lunch.
    I fry up some broccoli, some garlic, add eggs and scramble them together. Then chopped up meat (I used pastrami-not the best) with a dash of dill. I love it!

The thing is, I can't last from my 12:00 lunch, to 7:00 dinner. It's just too long, for a regular basis anyway.
    So, as much as I hate grazing and snacking, I'll have to find something. Maybe an egg...?

Which reminds me, I have to find out how often I can eat banana's and apples, because I have bulk of those.
    A family member plans to make an apple pie with some of those apples. I am not looking forward to declining my portion.

Day 2 - continued.

Yay! Almost 80% primal!!

Exercise: I've done about 3 sets of ten pushups, plus 10 attempted pullups.

A couple of hours after lunch I had almost half of a 50gm cashew and date bar. It's ingredients are only cashews and dates, I made sure of it. That was about 10 carbs.
    Then for dinner it was roast chicken with roasted kumara. I had a small amount of mint sauce with it, which has a teensy amount of sugar in it.
    I also forgot to mention that I had a cup of tea in the morning with a small tsp of golden syrup.

I'm struggling to find a primal sweetener for my tea. Stevia? Xylitol? Honey? I have one cup a day, so it needs to be something okay on daily basis.

But overall, I'm really pleased with today!

Bye for now!

Traveller.

mda_lynn is offline Junior Member
    Hi traveller! Thanks for leaving a note earlier. I guess we're both doing pretty great on day two huh?!
    It's a good thing. Hope for is both to sustain!

Anyway about sweetner Im feeling a teaspoon of honey or two for you should be fine. Unless of course if you have strict restrictions regarding sugar intake. Other than that i don't know what else could be primal enough...

Also i feel like drinking lots i still eat a serving of fruit daily. My only problem is that i crave rice sometimes unless i eat a satisfying amount of meat. Which could prove to be a challenge eating out due to the price you'll have to pay for quality meat.

Well hang on there! Lets encourage each other and do this together!

mda_lynn is offline Junior Member
    Message got cut off, i meant to say drinking lots of water helps to curb my sugar cravings.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Myda_lyn,
    thanks so much for your support and encouragement! I think I will go with the honey, just a tsp, and have less everyday. It's just then I wonder if I should have fruit as well? Maybe that's to much for me? My skin is quite sensitive to sugar.
    Anyway, thanks, and I have subscribed to your journal! Doing it together sounds great!

P.S thanks for the water tip, I'll try it.
    Last edited by Traveller; 07-23-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast