Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~Traveller~ page 8

Traveller is offline Senior Member

Day 40

Primal Fuel
    Hi all!!

Just got back from the Seminar. It was so awesome!
    During the breaks everyone was eating so much, I didn't understand how they could do the karate.
    I didn't get hungry until about 10 minutes before the whole thing ended.

Breakfast (9:00am): 2 small eggs, scrambled with small amount of leftover chicken. Plus a few slices of brie cheese and a cuppa with CO. Although this sounds like a reasonably breakfast, it was actually very small. Just under a quarter of a bowl. I was too nervous to eat much.

4:45 pm: 1 apple.

6:00pm: 3 small eggs scrambled with 1/4 cup of parsnip slices, 2 brussel sprouts and brie.

Now some bad news: Today is a family members birthday. She's having pizza for dinner and a hybrid icecream/pavlova birthday cake. The trouble is, is that if I don't have at least some of that then I'll pretty much ruin things.
    Both the pizza and cake are gluten free, which means that at least I won't be crippled with stomach problems for the next 8-10 hours.

Exercise: four and a half hours of karate! This was from 12:00pm to 4:30pm, with ten minute breaks every hour and a quarter.

Friend has just arrived with the pizza.

Wish me luck.

Traveller.

Day 42

Hi all!

So, the seminar was great both saturday and sunday. The last class on sunday, however, was completely exhausting. It was a grading assessment, so it was quite pressuring, and it was at the end of day so I was just...plain...exhausted when I got home.

Back to Saturday night, with the pizza...
    Well, I had a few pieces. And half a cup of coke. And a tiny bit of the cake. And felt incredibly sick afterwords. Not the stomach cramps and bloating I get after wheat, but I felt really nauseous.
    Good news is, there's no more birthdays until july.

Anyway, today:

Breakfast: 2-3 spoonfuls of greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of honey.

Lunch: 3 scrambled eggs, walnuts, 2 brussel sprouts, couple of slices of brie.

It's now 8:00 at night, and I haven't had anything since.

Almost a week back, I started using paleotrack.com as a way of tracking my carbs, fat and protein.
    When I realised that it also counted calories, I just told myself to ignore them. I hate counting calories.
    But now I find myself caring more and more about how much I eat a day, and my calories are getting lower and lower, as well as my energy levels. I keep wanting to skip lunch, half my portions, etc.

Today:

Protein - 15% - 31g -
    Fat - 76% - 71g -
    Carbs - 9% - 19g -

Calories - 823

Is that low? The calories, I mean. I think it is, but I'm not sure.

Exercise:
    1 hour of karate.

Bye!

Traveller.
    Last edited by Traveller; 04-29-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Yes, that's low. Eat more.

Please do not damage yourself, there are too many people on here trying to fix problems caused by this sort of behaviour.

Your food looks nice and primal, but simply not enough. Yesterday was just one snack and one small meal.

This way of eating is both tasty and good for us, we are allowed to enjoy it. Eat three meals a day and have a healthy snack as well.

Day 43

Hi everyone,

okay Annieh, thanks.
    Should I worry about calories at all? How important is it?

No lunch or breakfast, but I had a big dinner.

Dinner: 4 large scrambled eggs in olive oil, 3-4 tsp of avocado, 1/2 cup of walnuts, and 6-7 thin slices of brie.
    1 cup of unsweetened yoghurt with 1 tsp of honey. Turmeric and pepper.

Total:

Protein - 15% - 58g -
    Fat - 79% - 140g -
    Carbs - 6% - 25g -

Calories: 1545

Exercise: 45 minute walk, 45-50 minute bike ride.

Bye!

Traveller.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Traveller I agree with Annie - don't bother with counting. Eat clean healthy food. Don't get caught up in the calorie counting debate. Keep it simple. I have a sister who competes in Taikwondo. I think that is similar to what you - but not the same. She has just won her age group in the oceanias.
    Anyhoo - keep the exersize going, fresh air, and enjoy life.
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Day 50 - 3:52pm -

Hi all.

It's been about a week since I last posted. I went to a relatives place last thursday and, being under heavy pressure from my family, I ate the pizza toppings, 3 banana's, an apple and a couple of mini chocolate bars.

After that I just kept cheating. One day it would be a few lines of chocolate, another day it would be my old vice the chocolate spread, maybe a few chocolate lollies...

But I did walk. I realised that I was not eating well, so I tried to make up for it with lots of walking. I know that it doesn't make up for it, but it didn't stop me trying.

Anyway, today:

Breakfast: a plate of leftover lamb with a few spoonfuls of avocado, spinach and a drizzle of olive oil.

Then I did a 45 minute walk.

4 hrs after breakfast: 1 banana

2 hrs after that: 1 apple.

1.5 hrs after that: a cup of greek yoghurt with a tsp of honey.

Bit more fruit than I usually have.

Gwamma: that's cool about your sister. I hope to compete one day, too.
    Which reminds me: I'm grading again on Sunday! This will be for 7th kyu, which is an orange belt.

Also, I got my results for 3 tests that I did about 2-3 weeks ago.
    I got 92%, 70%, and the other was 'a bare pass'. Oops.
    The 70% test was the most important one.

Bye!

Traveller.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    good luck for grading day.
    I think this sis has a black belt - 2nd darn ???? But don't quote me, I always get things wrong
    Well done on the exams - thats 3 passes !!! woohoo !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Breakfast: a plate of leftover lamb with a few spoonfuls of avocado, spinach and a drizzle of olive oil.

Then I did a 45 minute walk.

4 hrs after breakfast: 1 banana

2 hrs after that: 1 apple.

1.5 hrs after that: a cup of greek yoghurt with a tsp of honey.

Bit more fruit than I usually have.
    Traveller, at the risk of nagging, you are STILL not eating meals. Breakfast was ok but four hours later you need another meal. You could have had the yoghurt with the banana and added some nuts as well then it might possibly count as lunch. You could still eat the apple as a snack a few hours later again, maybe with a few slices of cheese as well. And that's still only two meals and a snack, you need meat and veges for dinner. Do not be afraid of eating, it makes you strong and healthy and able to exercise and compete and do whatever you want to do.

PS well done on the exams. x

Day 63 (?)

Hi all.

Wow, it's been ages! Things are quite hectic right now, and I fell of the wagon a bit. Haven't touched wheat or grains, but a bit to much sugar.

We're baby-sitting someone's dog, a horrible smelly thing. I've started a new academics course, which I'm terrible at. My sensei has asked me if I want extra training, but I don't know if I can afford it, as I'm doing two classes a week already. One of my academic tutors has asked me to play the piano at a concert they're doing. I have a dancing concert soon, too.
    I'm feeling so overwhelmed, so I've been comfort eating.
    I don't think I've put on weight, I just don't feel good, and my acne has returned.

I've been walking a lot though, as a stress-reliever.

I'll try and post more often.

Bye!

Traveller.

Day 86

Hi all.

Update:

It's been a while, but unlike last time I haven't fallen off the wagon. I've been staying about 85-90% primal, and thanks to over two weeks of religiously using apple cider vinegar as a drink and a 'toner' my acne is finally on the way out. I think. Pretty sure, anyway. Just before I started using it I was seriously depressed at how bad it was. Didn't want to go out, and I'm pretty sure people avoided looking directly at me.

I'm walking a lot. My exercise sort of goes like this:

Monday: 1.5 km walk, over an hour off intense karate.
    Tuesday: 2.5 hours of karate, 2.6 km walk.
    Wednesday: 3 km walk all uphill.
    Thursday: 1.5 km walk, another 2.6 km walk pushing a heavy load, 1 hour of karate.
    Friday: 2.6 km walk, usually but not always a 3.75 km walk.
    Saturday: 3.75 km walk.
    Sunday: Not much.

I'm going to try and update more regularly.

Bye!

Traveller.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast