Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~Traveller~ page 5

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Annieh! Can't tell you how much comments like this support and encourage me.

Day 27 - 11:55 am -

Hi everyone!

It's quite early to be posting, but I'm bored, so...

Got up late today, so I broke my fast with a sort of early lunch at about 11:45.

Lunch: Heaped plate of roast chicken and a salad made up of a variety of lettuces. I heaped my plate up because I'll be out from around 12:30 to 4:00, and the people I'll be with will almost certainly stop off at Mcdonalds, so I don't want to be hungry when that time comes around.
    Also had a cup of tea, with a teaspoon of honey and a splash of cows milk, full fat.
    I was planning on cutting out dairy because I thought it was contributing to my facial acne, and other problems, but when I cut it out of my diet I didn't notice any improvements. And to be honest, tea just isn't the same with almond milk, for me anyway.
    But still, the only dairy I have is one splash per cuppa, and some Greek yoghurt once every two days or so. I'm pretty sure that's okay. I think the yoghurt actually helps.

Oh, and by the way, my acne is still improving!! I think it would've been gone by now if I hadn't fallen off the wagon at easter time. I don't do a honey cleanse every night, but I don't think I need to. I just wash my face with warm/hot water morning and night.
    I've also found hot compresses work well too. Last night I used them, and the worst spots have gone down.

Oops, this seems to have turned into a bit of a ramble.

Bye!

Traveller.

Day 28 -2:00pm -

Hi all!

Breakfast today was fried eggs and brussel sprouts. Plus a cuppa.

Lunch: A bowl of primmeal, only this time I'm out of berries. But it was hot, and right now it's pouring with rain and I forgot to take a jacket when I went out, so I was freezing.

Confession: I was forced to eat a small handful of twisties.
    I didn't enjoy them, though, which I'm suprised at.

Tonight I've got Karate!! Yay!

louisem is offline Member
    Hi Traveller thought I posted there but don't know what happened to it. just wanted to say thanks for your support and good luck eating (yuck) brussel sprouts for breakfast.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hiya Traveller - pleased that things are going well for you.
    What is primmeal ??????? I haven't come across that one
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Louisem: you're welcome! No, they're not as yuck as you think. Fried in bacon fat, they're absolutely delicious!!

Hiya Gwamma! Primmeal is a primal porridge recipe thought up by Yogabare.

Mash up one banana, add a handful of berries and microwave or heat in a pot until berries are soft and mushy. Then mash them into the banana. Whisk up one egg, add to the mix, then microwave until egg is cooked which for me is about 2 1/2 minutes. Then mix and mash the whole mixture until egg is combined. I then add a tsp of honey and cinnamon, but it's up to you.
    I was a bit doubtful at first, mixing banana and egg together, but I tried it and loved it. Now I think I may be eating to much of it....

Day 30

I've been Primal for exactly one month! Not as strict as I'd like, but I didn't give up either.

Breakfast: 3 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt with 1 tsp of honey. A few squares of 85% chocolate (love that stuff).

Lunch: a bowl of primmeal, but I put in two eggs to up the fat content. A few macadamia nuts.

Then through the afternoon I had a cup of turmeric tea, more 85% choc....then a bit more 85% choc....
    Had a bit too much choc, I think.

Dinner: steak and baked kumara chips.

Today wasn't such a bad day, I grazed barely at all. Just that chocolate...

Exercise: 2-3 sets of ten pushups. I'm doing them a bit deeper, now.

Today I did my annual clothes shop. I do it annually, because...well, I hate clothes shopping. But it's getting colder and wetter, and I had no winter gear at all.

Anyway, I've gone down a size. Well, I don't know if I've actually 'gone down' a size, or if I'm simply more comfortable in the smaller size. Does that make sense?

Anyway, first month is done and I'm feeling great!

Bye!

Traveller.

I hate that I look like a couch potato.
    I hate that I look like I lie around all day, when in fact I'm quite active.
    I hate that I'm the only one in my family who is Primal, but am the one that looks like I live on cakes and muffins.

Had another academics test today. I'm almost certain I completely failed it.

Day 32 - 4:00pm -

Hi all.

Really tired, didn't get to bed until 3:30am. All I want to do right now is fall asleep, but if I do that I'll never get to sleep tonight.

Oh, yesterday I tried coconut oil for the first time and I love it!! It's got so many uses, and it tastes awesome. I'm a complete convert.

Breakfast: cup of chai tea with half a tsp of honey and 1 tsp of CO.

Lunch: half an avocado, 3 eggs scrambled in CO.

Dinner: haven't had it yet, but it'll probably be lamb chops and steamed/baked vegetables. And CO.

Bye!

Traveller.
    Last edited by Traveller; 04-18-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Day 32 - continued -

Hi again,

had dinner at 8:30, two lamb chops seasoned with rosemary, and steamed broccoli, brussel sprouts and peas.

It wasn't enough, though. I think I'm craving fat, because I completely devoured those chops, especially the fatty bits, and picked fat off my family members plates. They don't eat it, of course.

Today was a bit of a Lift Heavy Things (LHT) day. I don't have access to weights or a gym, so I used whatever I could find.
    Which was a vacuum cleaner and bags filled with unopened, full milk bottles. Sounds silly but hey, it works!
    Also went for a 2.4 km walk.

What I'm really pleased about is that I haven't grazed at all. It was just breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nothing else.

Bye!

Traveller.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast