Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~Traveller~ page 27

Orange is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    CONGRATULATIONS Traveller!!!!! You must be feeling so proud of yourself!!!! All your hard work paid off and hopefully, you will draw a lot of confidence from this success. Well done indeed! Do something super duper special to reward yourself, because you deserve it! Otherwise go grab yourself another icecream!

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Orange! Yeah, really quite pleased with how I did. I saw my Sensei today, and she told me that my kata was 150%. That -coming from her- is just...wow. Praise from her is rare, and it means heaps to me.

Anyway, had morning training and I got completely thrashed. Ever had 2 black belts attack you at once? And only being allowed to defend yourself with one arm?
    After the usual sparring and warmup we had physical testing. They test your agility, speed, core strength, arm strength, flexibility and overall fitness. I did the worst out of everyone, but I expected that.

Then straight after training I went to a friends birthday celebration. It was great. I don't do that often; go out to see friends. I see them, and quite often, but always at something. At training, or at a seminar.

It was a party, and the worst things I ate were 2 marshmellows, a rumball, and a single vegtable samosa. That was all I ate actually. I don't like eating in public.

T.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Chat using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Traveller; 10-05-2013 at 07:34 PM.

B - 1 piece of bacon
    4:00pm - yogurt, walnuts and berries.
    9:30pm - 3 HB eggs, seasoned.

Training tonight was a pre-grading class. Went through all the basics. I really hope I grade on sunday. I really, really, really, really want to grade. To have to wait another month....I really think I'm ready. I see other people grade who I initially thought needed a lot more work. I can't help thinking I'm worse than I think I am.

T.

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

You KIAIED!!! I KNEW you could!!!!!!!
    You won DOUBLE gold!!!!! I KNEW you could!!!!!!! see you worried for nothing. I knew that if you were being singled out and invited to special trainings there was a good reason. NOW maybe you will believe everyone when they tell you that your really talented. No more doubting okay?

Oh yeah, did I tell you this was awesome news!

Way to go! I'm so proud!

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Thanks so much Em! I'm still stoked 4 days later. Sensei told me that it was possibly the best kata she'd ever seen in that division. And the rush it gave me...I just want to do it all over again. The feeling is very addictive. I'm beginning to think about tournament training. People say its hard, but there's no way it could be harder than my Sunday class. Or my Tuesday one. They're the hardest.

Oh, and guess what?! There's no more ifs, buts or maybes; I am grading on Sunday. I'm going to be a green belt!!!!! Assuming I pass, of course. But Sensei wouldn't send me unless she was almost certain of me passing, so I think I'll be okay. Hmmm. Its going to be an interesting day; 2 hours training in the morning, 4 hours rest, then another 1.5 hours of grading. Funfunfun!

Okay, I'll stop babbling about karate now. Family's gone down to get our new car. A mazda mpv. I don't like it. I don't know much about cars, but it looks just...bleurgh.

B - 3 HB eggs.

T.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Chat using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Hi all,

B - was gonna have eggs, but after one bite just wasn't hungry.
    L - 2 chicken drumsticks
    D - 2 pieces of steak.
    S - banana.

Interesting training tonight. I...taught. I was seriously terrified, even thought they were only yellow and orange belts, and the eldest was about 11. Well, now I know one thing for certain; I definitely prefer being the student, rather than the teacher.
    Extra training afterwards - all good.

T.

I'm cheating terribly these days. I've gotta get a grip.

Had a 9 hour course today. I was almost asleep at the end of it. I didn't bring enough food, which is probably what led to the mcdee's afterwards. Got another one tomorrow too. I'm just plain sick of them. I don't know what to bring for lunch. Fruits all I can think of, and that's just too carby. Sigh.

Counting down the hours till grading.

T.

I graded!!!!!!!!! I'm a green belt now, and about blinkin' time. It went okay, but I was so mentally just...gone. 2 nine hour courses just before it, plus extra training hours before it. Had a hard time focusing on the different combinations, but I think everyone did.

My stupid ankle kept playing up, so one of my instructors has lent me a brace. It's annoying, but if it gets worse I'll have to rest it, which means no training, which is sooo not an option.

I didn't cheat once today, which I'm relieved about.

T.

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    I graded!!!!!!!!! I'm a green belt now, and about blinkin' time. It went okay, but I was so mentally just...gone. 2 nine hour courses just before it, plus extra training hours before it. Had a hard time focusing on the different combinations, but I think everyone did.

My stupid ankle kept playing up, so one of my instructors has lent me a brace. It's annoying, but if it gets worse I'll have to rest it, which means no training, which is sooo not an option.

I didn't cheat once today, which I'm relieved about.

T.
    Awesome!!! You go girl!

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Hey all. Remember me?

I haven't posted in a while, mainly because I've been studying and because there's been a few changes at home, personal things.
    I've got TEN exams coming up. That should be illegal, right? It's completely wrong.

I'll catch up more tomorrow. Training was killer tonight.

T.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast