Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~Traveller~ page 2

Traveller is offline Senior Member

Day 3 - 11:40am -

Hi all,

sorry, but this just couldn't wait for my evening post.

I measured myself today!! I don't bother with weighing, because my scales are inaccurate, and because I'm already at a healthy weight.

New Specs!

Waist - 26.5 ''
    Hips - 32.5''

So, in the three days since I last measured myself I've lost over 1 inch around the waist, and 0.5 inches around the hips. I thought my pants were a bit loose, but I figured it must be my imagination.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love progress!

Bye for now,

Traveller.
    Last edited by Traveller; 03-21-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member

Day 3 - continued -

Hi guys,

Today I did an Intermittent Fast (IF).

I haven't eaten since Day 2's dinner, and I'm feeling amazing!

I didn't get hungry until around 11:00 am, but the pangs were nothing like they were before I went primal. They were very mild and vague, and I'd sort of think 'okay, I'm hungry', and then I'd just continue with what I was doing. It didn't seem, or feel very important. Eventually the actual 'rumbles' would just settle down to a vague feeling of emptiness. There was no lightheadedness, no weakness or dizziness. I felt really good.

Exercise: I did a 1.9 km walk in the morning, ten pushups, ten attempted pullups, then another 2.5 km walk. All on an empty stomach, with no problems. Then later on I did an hour of intense karate.

I accidentally told a Family member that I was doing a 24 hr fast, and seriously: I would've gotten the same reaction from them if I'd said I was going to burn down the local church. My mother shrieked '24 HR FAST?!',
    and my sister said something like, 'are you trying to kill yourself?!'.

I'm so sick of arguing with them, I just walked away.

See you tomorrow,

Traveller.

P.S. sorry, didn't see your post, Annieh. Thanks!
    Last edited by Traveller; 03-21-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Day 4 - 11:50am -

Hi guys,

This morning I went for a 2.4 km walk, then I broke my 40 hour fast with the delicious fry-up I mentioned earlier. I still felt okay, but not as strong or energetic. When I saw how much my stomach had shrunk, I just wanted to fast forever, but I didn't think that was a healthy mind-set. People don't gain weight after breaking a fast, do they?

Bye,

Traveller.

Day 4 - continued -

Hi again,

Exercise: 2 sets of ten pushups, 10 attempted pullups. Plus the walk I mentioned in my other post.

For dinner I had two fish fillets, then a few macadamias 2 hours later.

Quite a boring day.

Traveller.

Erin is offline Junior Member
    Hi Traveller,

Sounds like you are making great progress, congrats! When I first went primal, I experienced many of the same things you described in your earlier posts - eating quite a bit of fruit, allowing myself "frankenfoods" (just-about-everything-free bars), grazing in between meals, having spoonfuls of peanut butter (not even primal), and feeling confused about sweeteners. I also had a hard time resisting bored eating.

I found that when I started eating REAL foods high in fat and protein for breakfast, I stopped getting hungry in between meals (which also lead to reducing fruit consumption). I noticed after I stopped eating so much fruit, my threshold for sweetness went way down - I no longer put any sweetener in my coffee or tea because it tastes too sweet to me (I used stevia in the past).

Similar to your situation, exercise helped my eating habits a lot too. If I start to feel bored hunger coming on around 3pm, I go for a light jog outside and I can make it to dinner time no problem. I also started to brush my teeth shortly after I finished my dinner to help with late night bored eating. If I'm actually hungry, I'll have a snack. But if it's just mindless grazing, I'm much less inclined to snack because that means I'll have to brush my teeth again.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is just stick with it. We all have occasional slip ups, and it's okay when it happens. This is a journey, not a race - and perseverance pays off.

There was quote that was floating around the forum some time ago that always stuck with me: "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right." This was/still is relevant to me, maybe it will be relevant to you too.

Good luck, and keep on keeping on!

Hey Erin,

thanks so much for your post. It helps to know other people have, or used to have, the same problems I'm experiencing.
    Eating more fat and protein sounds like it'll stop the urge to graze. Right now I'm still in the fasting mentality so I don't want to eat, but it's fading.
    The exercise sounds interesting. Late afternoon is usually when I get bored and turn to food for something to do. Thanks!
    I've been doing the same with the teeth cleaning! It definitely stops me from eating anything.
    Thanks again for your encouragement, I intend to stick with it. I feel so much better, not just physically, but also just knowing that I'm doing something about my health, and I'm getting healthier everyday.

Traveller.

Day 5

Hi everyone,

I went to bed quite late last night, around 1:30 am, and got up late, feeling tired.

Brunch was my usual Fry-up. I didn't eat anything from that until dinner.

I was still tired by 4:00, so I had a 1 hour nap, and woke up feeling much better.

Exercise: I didn't do any pushups or pullups today, because the muscles around my shoulders hurt a bit, so I thought I'd give them a rest. Instead, after the nap I went for a 40 minute bike ride. It was really cool, I cycled up hills, walked up the really steep ones, and carried my bike up a flight of stairs. Felt really primal

Dinner was spaghetti bolognese, without the spaghetti.

After having dinner, I realised that the only carbs that I've knowingly had today were in my cup of tea which I had with brunch. That was about 15 grams of carbs.
    So I had an apple. I really hope that it wasn't to much sugar or anything.

Gotta go, Family member is pestering me for the computer. :P

Traveller.

Day 6 - 5:30pm -

Hi all,

breakfast: I started off with 2 hardboiled eggs, but I didn't feel satisfied, so I had a strip of bacon, a fried egg, and a handful of baby spinach leaves. That satisfied me.

Lunch: at 4:00 I had a small bowl of roast chicken and another handful of spinach. After some consideration, I decided that it wasn't fatty enough, because there was no skin or fat on the chicken, so I doused it in olive oil. Yum!

Snacks: after lunch, I didn't feel very energetic for some reason. I have no idea how many carbs I'm getting, or anything. So I had 3 dates, and 5-6 walnuts. I'm a bit nervous about the dates, because Mark says to only eat them occasionally because of their sugar content (I think).

Dinner: haven't had it yet, but it's going to be roast lamb!!!!! I love roast lamb!

Exercise: today was a busy day, so I've only found time for 2 sets of 10 pushups. I'll probably do a few attempted pull-ups soon though. And maybe a bike ride.

Bye for now!

Traveller.

Day 6 - continued -

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all!

Well, I did twelve attempted pull-ups, and went for a 1 hour bike ride with a friend. I told her about the 40 hour fast and she completely blew her top. Apparently, I'm starving all the time, getting anorexic, wasting away, getting really sick etc. I tried to explain that fasting is good etc, but I don't think I did a very convincing job.

When I got home, I piled up my plate with roast lamb and steamed greens and cauliflower. I had a bit of gravy, but I don't feel too guilty, because if there's one thing I've learnt from reading other peoples journals, it's that everyone has a small cheat here and there. And as far as I can tell, I've been about 95% primal since I started this journal. Plus it was a tiny amount.
    Anyway, I sat down with my plate, and it seems my conversation with my friend put me in a defiant mood, because I ate the whole lot with my fingers. And when my family stared at me, I shrugged, and said, 'What? I'm Primal.'
    I know that we don't eat with out fingers because we're primal, but I just wanted to show them that I am Primal, and that I'm not going to change, So they might as well just GET USED TO IT!!!!

Hmmm. This seems to have turned into a small rant. Oops!

Bye!

Traveller.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast