Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~Traveller~ page 17

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emofedom View Post
    I'm jealous. Australia?!?! My cousin just got back and they had an awesome time. Australia, New Zealand, Scotland, and Ireland are on my list of places to go before my passport expires in the next 7 years.

You'll survive without karate for bit... Especially for a chance to "travel." You can still workout in your room anyway, right? Although a little down time probably wouldn't hurt, don't ya think?

Ahhhhhhh I'm excited for ya! You better post pictures whenever y'all go.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"
    Yup. Aussie. I know, I should be over the moon. Argh! What's wrong with me?!
    It's not even certain yet, far from it. But if I do go, you bet there'll be pics!

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaM View Post
    Trip sounds exciting! Where in Australia are you going? If you get the chance to see the Great Barrier Reef, definitely go there
    No idea! It's not certain yet. We are going somewhere, the destination is just undecided.
    The GB reef sounds awesome, though!

Hi all,

I've been on gmap-pedometer, just trying to find out how much exercise I'm getting, how active I am overall, etc.

Monday - 4km walk + training
    Tuesday - 2.6km walk + 2 hrs training + 2.4/4.8 km walk.
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 6.4km walk + training.
    Friday- 2.6 km walk
    Saturday - 1.5 hr cycling.
    Sunday - 0

Hmmm. If I can get to gym, wednesday and friday could be weight-lifting, maybe?

T.

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Hmmm. If I can get to gym, wednesday and friday could be weight-lifting, maybe?

T.
    That sounds like a lot of cardio, so weights would help balance it out. It would help you tone and bulk up a bit. I love weight lifting. I see the results pretty quickly. In the past I used the book "Body for Life" for weight lift training and I liked it. I never wanted to be like really muscular just toned. That's part of my new goal as you know. The site below is going to be my new go to site for my gym time.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...g-workout.html

Good luck.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

You're right, Em - it's definitely mostly cardio, with the odd high intensity workout in training. Yes, weights is definitely a good idea.

Hi all,

I'm thinking about eating once every 24 hrs. For example, just eat dinner everyday and nothing else.
    I tried it out today, and my energy levels were constant, I performed well at training, the walks were fine...

B - IF
    L - IF
    D - Massive salad, made with spinach, 2 boiled eggs, 2 fried eggs, fried bacon, chicken, salmon, fried broccoli, avocado and olive oil. Seasoned with turmeric and garlic. Reeeaaaalllly nice!

My brother came down with some sort of bug today. He's vomited once, and is in bed with stomach aches. And 10 minutes ago my sister said she felt sick too. I really really really hope I don't get it. Hate being sick, but especially hate stomach bugs.

Cheats: a couple of squares of milk choc. That stuff is as addictive as cocaine.

'Night!

T.
    Last edited by Traveller; 08-15-2013 at 03:36 AM.

I'm getting so worried about my Dad. He's almost 47, and really overweight.
    I talk to him about it, telling him he won't get to see his grandchildren if he carries on like this. He acknowledges that he needs to lose weight, but he just won't do anything about it!!
    I get frustrated talking to him, and ask him 'what are doing about your weight?' (we're very direct). He thinks about it, and says
    ''I've cut down on my eggs''. Or, ''I've cut out cheese''. Or, ''I'm seeing a naturopath that's costing hundreds of dollars a week''. I'm literally like >facepalm<.
    He used to rave about this naturopath, saying she was amazing, he felt so much better, etc. The reason he's feeling better is because she told him to take 5-6 different pills/supplements. Not because he's eating any better, or lost any weight.
    And he cheats. We're preparing dinner, and he's scrubbing the potatoes, and he says ''I shouldn't be eating these, my 'path said not too, but...>shrug<''
    How can he expect to see any results if he cheats like that??!! Plus that same night he drank 3 bottles of beer.

He went off bread for a bit, which I was happy about. But after a month or so he was back on it.
    I don't know. I just don't want another funeral anytime soon. My Grandfather's was hard enough.

T.

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    What about your Dads blood pressure? Is he on meds for weight related issues... that might be a way to lure him back off bread and sweets. That's what I've done with my diabetic brother. So far it's working.

It's so hard to get someone to change if they aren't interested. I try it all the time with my step mom and Dad. They are smokers. Food is just as addictive as nicotine.

Why are you cutting down on your food intake? I thought you weren't getting enough calories so what are you thinking? You train hard and need fuel. If your not feeding it, your body is still burning fuel... if not fat then it goes for muscle. From the earlier post in your journal... i don't think you have much fat to burn. Don't starve yourself for no reason. Be careful.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

No no, relax. I'm not cutting my calorie intake, I'm just getting it all in one sitting. As for how much fat reserves I have...it's hard to explain. I'm not fat or overweight, I just have more (cringe) belly and hip fat than I'm comfortable with.

No, he's not on any meds. He hates going to doctors, so getting his blood pressure or anything is next to impossible. He was having heart issues, so he went off coffee which he claimed fixed it. Of course, he's back on that now, too. Basically, he has no health issues except for the occasional heart palpitations, 'brain fog' (which is why he takes those pill-thingies), and being drastically overweight. But his apparent good health can't last, which is why I really want to see him changing a few things for the better.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I don't think once every 24 hrs is going to cut it. In the last couple of hours I just had zero energy. I don't know why, because I can do 3 day fasts easily enough. I'm going to change it to once every 12, I think.

So:
    D - BAS, with bacon, eggs, spinach, herring, avocado and broccoli. 1 banana. I really shoveled this down, was quite hungry!

So, I'll have brekkie tomorrow, then dinner. See how that goes.

T.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast