Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~Traveller~ page 15

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry about your sister, it's gross to be sick on your birthday.

funny about the reading, I think these things go in seasons. I used to be a huge bookworm, several on the go at once. Now not so much at all and don't know when I last read any fiction. One thing to consider is your eyesight - if it's not crash hot then reading becomes tiring and one can subconsciously be avoiding it.

Dark chocolate is a valid treat, even after a perfectly good dinner. Yours sounds yummy but not overly filling, so don't feel at all guilty about the dessert.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Hi Annieh, thanks for stopping by!
    That's a very good point, my eyesight isn't 'crash hot'.

You know, guys; one of the things that most annoys me is contradicting information.

For example: one source says that all spices aggravate acne, and that it's best to steer clear of them.
    And then another source says that some spices (like ginger and turmeric) are very anti-inflammatory, and help to fight acne.
    Talk about irritating!

Had a great day today!

I'm sick of whining about my acne, my family problems, my stress, etc. I've decided to simply be happy. And...incredibly...it's as simple as that. I decided this yesterday, soon after noticing a worsening in my acne. I grabbed a funny, innocent childrens book which made me laugh, and it's all taken off from there.

It was hard for the first couple of hours, making an attempt to smile and laugh even though I was quite depressed. But now I'm happier than I've been in months!!
    I'm still going to continue with trying to improve things, but I'm just not stressing about it anymore.
    So I have acne. Other people are paraplegics, and will never be able to walk, or run.
    There's a girl at training who has either a burn or a birthmark that covers almost half her face.

As bad as I think I have it, it can always get worse. And a lot of others already have it worse. So.

I don't know how long this happy spell will last, but I'm making the most of it.

T.

P.S. Today was my other sisters birthday, so I had a slice of ice cream cake and a couple of marshmellows. But it's fine, I'll be back on track tomorrow. Did a lot of walking today too. Plus training.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Great work, glad you're feeling better. Sometimes having a plan and feeling a bit more in control of things can work wonders, hey

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Had a great day today!

I'm sick of whining about my acne, my family problems, my stress, etc. I've decided to simply be happy. And...incredibly...it's as simple as that. I decided this yesterday, soon after noticing a worsening in my acne. I grabbed a funny, innocent childrens book which made me laugh, and it's all taken off from there.

It was hard for the first couple of hours, making an attempt to smile and laugh even though I was quite depressed. But now I'm happier than I've been in months!!
    I'm still going to continue with trying to improve things, but I'm just not stressing about it anymore.
    So I have acne. Other people are paraplegics, and will never be able to walk, or run.
    There's a girl at training who has either a burn or a birthmark that covers almost half her face.

As bad as I think I have it, it can always get worse. And a lot of others already have it worse. So.

I don't know how long this happy spell will last, but I'm making the most of it.

T.

P.S. Today was my other sisters birthday, so I had a slice of ice cream cake and a couple of marshmellows. But it's fine, I'll be back on track tomorrow. Did a lot of walking today too. Plus training.
    "Fake it til you make it!" Happiness is not always easy and you have to work sometimes to be happy.... But it's always worth it. They say happiness is contagious, so watch out!

I think your going to see amazing benefits from your new attitude and outlook on life. "Not sweating the small stuff" will free you and allow you to be the person you really are.

Stress and depression shows in more ways than one, Traveller. So it's wonderful you are looking to be more positive and happy. Keep up the good work!

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure why, but for the past 3 or so days, I'm always hungry. Bordering on ravenous. I wake up starving, have a good breakfast. Then at lunch, or sometimes even before, I'm starving again. So I have a big lunch and 3 hours later I'm starving again. Thank goodness it's not the so-hungry-going-to-faint hunger like I had before I went primal.
    My activity levels are the same. But I don't really know how many calories I'm supposed to be having daily. Three days ago 900 cals per day was normal. Now I'm having about 1000-1400 a day.

Oh well. I had an awesome lunch. 3 HB eggs, but then I made a dipping sauce out of olive oil, salt, pepper, turmeric and garlic powder.

T.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5_fat_loss_workouts.htm
    This is a site I found for lifting weights for weight loss. For my size and age it say 1518calories per day. Even the other sites are saying 1300- 1500. I don't know for a fact but I'm pretty positive 900 calories is not enough, especially with your activity level. I will look for more info for your situation though.

FYI
    I think I'm going to look into joining a gym. I'm really enjoying the weights and want more of a selection.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/e...ie-requirement. Look at this one

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast