Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~Traveller~ page 14

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, I'm not trying to cut my calories or anything. Just...wasn't that hungry.
    However, I think it's catching up with me because today all I wanted to do was eat eat and eat!

Dinner was absolutely awesome: brussel sprouts, broccoli and (rather bland) salmon. Sounds pretty boring? I agree. But oh my gosh, fry it all together in bacon fat/grease and it becomes...just...to die for!!

Tomorrow my family's going up to Warkworth (about an hour's drive away) so I may have the house all to myself! >doeshappydance<

The week's over - which I am a bit relieved about - but now I have to face a whole weekend of no training.
    Don't know how I'll survive.

T.

Ugh, I'm having far too much sugar! Early afternoon and I've already had a whole mango, 5 froozeballs, 1 banana and some dark chocolate. What's wrong with me?!

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Maybe your body is craving more fuel! Feed it!

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Looking back over my food journal on paleotrack, Em you could be right.
    With the amount of training I'm doing, perhaps 1000 cals a day isn't enough.

One thing I am feeling really pleased about, is that when I'm raiding the pantry for sugar, it doesn't even occur to me that I could very easily feast on the jar of chocolate spread that's sitting right in front of me. Or the lollies. Or any of the other sugary staples that my family keep in the cupboards.
    I might be finally past even considering anything non-primal! Except maybe the milk chocolate. But I think I can kick even that.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Hi Traveller,

Stopping by to day hello, and don't feel guilty about the sugar, as you are quite active! Seems like a lot of fruit and dark chocolate anyway. Your body may be sending you messages

Hello to you too, Girlhk!
    Yeah, maybe I should change my carb intake a bit or something?

So. Depression levels have risen, which has effected my eating somewhat.
    I haven't gone on an all-out binge, but I've eaten more milk chocolate than I care to admit. Way too much.

I'm just getting so frustrated with my skin. Why can't I have back acne? Or chest acne? Why face acne for crying out loud??!! Those other ones you can hide. But for some reason it's not socially acceptable to go around wearing a balaclava. Who knew?
    It's been just over a week since I started with the RABS, and I'm not sure about anything.
    I think there's a slight decrease in inflammation. (That horrible redness)
    I think there's a decrease in chin acne. (Read almost zero amount of chin acne).
    I think there's a slight change in the forehead acne. Slightly smaller, and not huge cysts.

But I can't be sure.
    Everyone says to wait at least 2-3 weeks before making a decision about a facial product, so I'll keep on. It hasn't made anything worse, at least.

I've got training tonight. I wish Sensei would let me wear my hat. I don't want to ask her, though, because she'll want to know why.

T.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Hi Traveller,

Are you eating enough? You do karate, and you mention academics, so I assume you are young. Cravings mean your body needs something... I wouldn't worry about more fruit.

As for acne, I had them bad in my teens, so I can relate. My mother forced me to take accutane.

Anyway, I believe acne to be a sign of inflammation or hormonal imbalance inside..

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Hi Traveller,

Are you eating enough? You do karate, and you mention academics, so I assume you are young. Cravings mean your body needs something... I wouldn't worry about more fruit.

As for acne, I had them bad in my teens, so I can relate. My mother forced me to take accutane.

Anyway, I believe acne to be a sign of inflammation or hormonal imbalance inside..
    Some days I think I eat enough, others too much, and some days hardly anything.
    I think one of my biggest problems is inconsistency!

Yikes, accutane. Really? Isn't that the one where you have to sign something, saying that you will have an abortion if you get pregnant? That of course isn't an issue for me, but still...

I know, and I agree with you about what causes acne, but how do you get rid of inflammation and hormonal imbalances? Sounds like more research is to be done...>groan<

T.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all,

my sister that was vomiting went to the doctor yesterday, and it's turned out that it's a severe virus. Not a 24 hr bug like we thought. Sadly, today was her birthday, and she was feverish and sick for most of it.

Apart from that, today ended quite well. I'm starting to read more in my spare time, instead of just surfing the net in an effort to relax, and it think it might be working.
    I used to be a complete book worm, but for some reason just 'stopped' about 4 months ago. I don't really know why. I think I was having trouble concentrating on anything but training. That's still the case, but I'm making more of an effort now.

Had steamed broccoli, 2 HB eggs, and salmon for dinner. For some reason I was hungry half an hour later, so I had some dark chocolate. I'm trying to cut back on it though, so I only had half a square.

T.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast