Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~Traveller~ page 11

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Stayed up to 2 am last night. I was just so angry at everything, couldn't sleep.

Woke up with a killer headache in my forehead; behind my eyes. I was still in bed when the arguing started.
    Dad came over, and Mum asked him to sign the divorce papers. He just...blatantly refused. I think he's in denial that it's happening. Mum started yelling at him, how he had no right to do this, it was her life, and just to bl**dy sign it. But he won't. Just won't.
    Now, I'm not a crybaby. I don't cry. Perhaps on average, about once a year. I'm more of a 'bottler'. Just bottle it all up inside and ignore it. But eventually it does come out, someway or another. So I just stayed in bed and sobbed for half an hour. It was pretty gross really, as I completely soaked my pillow.

My brother came in, advised me just to distance myself from it. It's their problem, their cr*p, not ours. I couldn't speak at this point, just listened. He told me to just focus on my life. What I want to do. Stop worrying about them, they can fix their own problems.
    I just don't know what to think, what to do.

Anyway, away from the soppy stuff:

B: 1 hardboiled egg, 2 small sardines (my omega 3 and 6's are out of whack, so I'm trying to eat more fish) and some leftover roast kumara's.

T.

Okay, so:

Good news! According too paleotrack.com my omega 6/3 ratio is 2.4:1. That means it's in the green zone, which means that it's healthy!
    It's probably due to the 2 tablespoons of chia seeds and 2 sardines, plus quite a few walnuts.

I'm trying to make a chia seed gel/porridge, but it just won't thicken!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm rushing ahead:

I woke up with another splitting headache in my forehead. It continued all day, but moved into the front, right side of my head. I'm wondering if it's caused by stress? I got startled by a dog today, and at the exact moment of the actual scare it came back with a huge amount of force. I thought I'd been hit in the head with hammer.

Breakfast: 1 HB egg, 30g of 'fudge', 2 slices of bacon, 1 sardine. Quite a big breakfast, actually.

Lunch: Um. Well, I didn't really have lunch. I just grazed on cheese and walnuts. And a kiwifruit.

Dinner: ground beef, 1 sardine, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.

plus a cup of tea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The chia seeds I got today, along with some dandelion root tea. I'm hoping both will help my acne.

Bye,

T.

My Grandfather passed away at around 6:30 this morning. As well as having terminal cancer, he just recently developed pneumonia, which is most likely what did it.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Oh Traveller, sorry for your loss. Blessings to you and your family.

Thanks, Annieh.

Hello,

Breakfast: chia gel/goop. 1 kiwi, and some walnuts. 1 cuppa.

I've been snacking on cheese and walnuts. The calories are really stacking up, but I'm just so down so I keep going back for more.

Anyway, got 2 hours of training coming up at 12pm!
    Last week I just about collapsed, so this time I made sure to eat. The chia I think will help, as it's supposed to be a great source of energy.

Amazingly, no headache today!
    I went to bed last night at about 10:20pm, but barely slept at all. I was still awake at midnight, but I must've dosed off, because I was woken at 6:45am with the bad news about Grandad. Got up at 7:30, and no headache. That's a plus, I guess.

The chia seeds are also fixing my permanent constipation. I have a BM about once or twice a week. Today I've gone 2-3 times.

Okay, okay, Too Much Information.

T.
    Last edited by Traveller; 07-22-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Well, I'm sitting here hungry while the rest of the family are scarfing down six pieces of pizza, each.
    I'm only very mildly tempted to join them, but they all gave me a heck of a time trying to convince me to ''loosen up'', because it's ''not good for you're health if you're too strict''. I tried to explain that my system has been really chaotic lately, and that I'm just waiting until things settle down, but...

I don't know, maybe I should have some, just because it's making everyone upset for no good reason.

I tried some non-homegonised milk today, and I'm a complete and utter convert.
    I put it in my tea, and my scrambled eggs and it made the taste sooooo much richer!

Thanks Annieh!

Also, I logged all my food into paleotrack, and my omega 6:3 ratio is 1:1!!!
    My potassium and sodium ratio is not as good, being 2.7:1, but it's not terrible. And I've still got dinner later on, so I'll just a large-ish serving of broccoli.
    Last edited by Traveller; 07-23-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Had the funeral today. It's my first family-member funeral. Actually, it's the first funeral I can remember.

It was...well, as expected. There were about 50 people. The reason for the small number is that some people couldn't make it because they themselves are battling a severe illness, and also because my grandfather has outlived most of his friends. In fact, he's outlived all of them except two. So.
    I met some of my cousins, and great-uncles and aunts, all of whom I've never met. That was interesting.

RIP, Grandad. You'll be missed.

T.

joapple is offline Member
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, as well as all the other stuff going on. I hope that things look up soon.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast