Thread: Hilarious youtube videos (laughter is the food of love) page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Hilarious youtube videos (laughter is the food of love)

Shop Now
    Laughing is probably one of the most important ingredients for health and happiness. I heard about this woman before who was diagnosed with cancer, and responded by spending the next few months watching funny movies, hoping that doing so would kick her body into self-healing mode. Apparently, it worked.

Anyway, I was sitting around with a bunch of friends yesterday, watching youtube videos, and I remembered how great it is to laugh at random, slap stick shit that requires minimal commitment and no brain power Please post your most hilarious links here, so that if someone is having a bad day they can drop in and laugh at other people's misfortune
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

My favourite video of all time... made even better by the fact that I know the dude in it!

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Amazing:

- Ray Peat

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I don't think watching a man (even if you know him) fall and hit his head that hard on the pavement is funny.

But, I do believe in laughter and laughter yoga is the trick. It's not based on jokes at all, or what you may find funny (as jokes can go cruel or crude or what have you -- still funny, but. . . different feeling). It's just movement/sound and eventually your body starts laughing. It's great.

Oh well.. We're all entitled to our opinion IMO it's not like the videos are malintentioned - if someone had pushed the guy over it would have been mean. Unless something is deliberately cruel or inciting hate I'm fine with it.

I've never tried laughter yoga! I'll give it a shot sometime

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Love Bill Murray. SUCH a good film! You know it's got a Buddhist subtext? The character's story is a metaphor for birth, rebirth, and finally breaking the cycle of reincarnation.

- Ray Peat

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Funny videos, in my opinion, don't involve someone getting hurt. Try this one:

Cat Putting On A Hat! - YouTube

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Got to admit I don't laugh at people getting hurt, that guy falling on the ice looked really nasty, that sort of impact can kill if you are unlucky. Horses for courses though, I think it's a natural reaction to find that sort of thing funny for some poeple, whole TV programms have been based on people falling over.

However they guy getting decked - well he was asking for that, jump out on enough people and someone is going to punch you, so I smirked at that.

Here is my contribution

Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................