Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stevia with fillers page

cmt2010 is offline Junior Member

Stevia with fillers

Shop Now
    Hello,
    Newbie here. I am completing a "whole 30" and hoping to continue eating primal after. I have searched and read the many threads regarding stevia on the forums. I have noticed than many stevia brands contain "inulin" or "natural flavoring" etc. Is there a stevia that does not contain these things? If I am going to eat stevia with the natural flavorings, why not eat truvia? Thanks so much!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Inulin is a pretty innocent form of fiber that won't really do much to you. It is a prebiotic and is present in MANY primal approved foods naturally. Don't worry about it.

Sugar alcohols and other fillers are a bit more on the murky side and you might do well to avoid.

If you don't want powders with fillers, however, you could just go for the liquid extracts of the stuff...

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I've found that this stuff is GREAT and it lasts FOREVER.

SweetLeaf SteviaClear Liquid Stevia, 4-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

FOR-E-VER.

Pricey, but really super worth it.

Seems like all the powders have stupid shit in them, so I go the liquid route.

Good luck!

Julie

The liquid you linked to contains "natural flavors". Does anyone know whats in those??

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Where did you find that it said that? I could possibly be blind at my
    advanced age, but all I can find is this:

Product Description
    SweetLeaf SteviaClear Liquid stevia use to sweeten food or beverages,adjust to taste 2 drops are as sweet as 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp of steviaclear is as sweet as 1 cup of sugar. Contains purified water,pure stevia leaf extract,grapefruit seed extract. Its a natural dietary supplement.

macha10 is offline Junior Member
    Trader Joe's has a small bottle of pure stevia extract (stevia rebaudiana). It is 622 servings for 10$. The bigger bottle they sell has lactose as an ingredient.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    I didn't think Stevia was allowed on the Whole 30 anyway?

But this is the one I have. No fillers/additives! Steviva Stevia Extract Powder ( 1 bottle/1.3 OZ): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Why not just use honey or actual sugar? What are you using the stevia for? To sweeten baked goods, you could use a banana or something. Coffee or tea, you can learn to like them without the sugar (I speak from experience). You might want to use your Whole30 to train your taste buds away from artificially sweet tastes, no?

On topic, I'd avoid anything with "natural flavors"--that's a code word for a number of harmful products. Below is one of many articles that come up with a Google search of "natural flavors what does it mean":

“Natural” can run the gamut from bugs to beaver butts | Food Identity Theft

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Sweet Leaf makes granulated Stevia/sugar blend. NO fillers (unless you count the actual sugar).
    I only have about 1 tea spoon worth daily. But if you really want to avoid sugar at all cost, you could get the liquid concentrated kind.
    This one is not bad:

Wisdom Natural SweetLeaf Sweet Drops

I read it contained natural flavor on the listed ingredients on the bottle. And you are correct that sugar is nit allowed during a whole 30. Im not currently including stevia as it isntbcompliant during the whole 30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast