Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting link about initial weight loss on 'diets' page 3

kmonastyrsky is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Omni,

Thank you so much about your kind words about my work. It's unfortunate that so many comments on this subject are concentrating on my persona, what I look like, and so on, as if it is a beauty pageant or popularity contest.

Fiber Menace is a specialized book that deals with a narrow subject. It is non-dogmatic, and completely based on mainstream academic research. There isn't anything there that belongs to "Konstantin Monastyrsky." I am a reporter, not a scientist. I report on information that is in the open and from the bluest-of-the-bluest (chip) sources.

I am guessing people who are concentrating on the messenger instead of the message are causing a huge disservice to their own health, and the degree of prejudice and hostility to a complete stranger is hard to comprehend.

So, I hope, other people on this forum, will see your point, will try to understand my point (which is, incidentally, endorsed by Mark in one of his essays), and concentrate on loving their guts rather than hating mine.
    Last edited by kmonastyrsky; 03-28-2013 at 10:15 AM.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kmonastyrsky View Post
    Omni,

Thank you so much about your kind words about my work. It's unfortunate that so many comments on this subject are concentrating on my persona, what I look like, and so on, as if it is a beauty pageant or popularity contest.

Fiber Menace is a specialized book that deals with a narrow subject. It is non-dogmatic, and completely based on mainstream academic research. There isn't anything there that belongs to "Konstantin Monastyrsky." I am a reporter, not a scientist. I report on information that is in the open and from the bluest-of-the-bluest (chip) sources.

I am guessing people who are concentrating on the messenger instead of the message are causing a huge disservice to their own health, and the degree of prejudice and hostility to a complete stranger is hard to comprehend.

So, I hope, other people on this forum, will see your point, will try to understand my point (which is, incidentally, endorsed by Mark in one of his essays), and concentrate on loving their guts rather than hating mine.
    It's all good--we like to beat up everybody around here. You should see how we treat Danny Roddy!

Anyway, I'm following your new series, but I think you will get a lot grief from many following your advice. CICO doesn't seem to work for a lot of people, even though it worked for you.

We often see people speaking authoritatively for everyone based on their own experience, but we are giving you a chance as you are only up to part2 of a long series.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    It's unfortunate that so many comments on this subject are concentrating on my persona, what I look like, and so on, as if it is a beauty pageant or popularity contest.
    Hello Mr. Monastyrsky, Just ignore the ignorant posters! This forum need science based information and your perspective is interesting and appreciated!

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Omni,

I am also following your series with interest. Agreed - there have been some unkind messages about you personally rather your work, but usually when people have to resort to criticising your appearance it's because they have nothing constructive to say about your actual argument.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    I am also following your series with interest. Agreed - there have been some unkind messages about you personally rather your work, but usually when people have to resort to criticising your appearance it's because they have nothing constructive to say about your actual argument.
    Yes, some of us would like you to know that your presence here in this forum is very welcome and appreciated.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just hate blog features that draw the whole thing out for like EVER only to get more people to look at the ads or whatever. I have nothing against the author of the series. I would read a longer article just to get to the point or just wait the 6 months or however long it takes until the final installment and hopefully come across it then.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123