Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marks Supplements page

Fantazmic is offline Member

Marks Supplements

Primal Fuel
    Well......most of you probably already know this......but I'm going to post anyway...

Today my Gold Package Autoship arrived.

I had done my sums. By the time I bought the best supplement on the market here (filled with rubbish so I dont buy it) and my vitamins and probiotics the price was going to be the same so I decided to try Marks package.

I just tried my first Vanilla Coconut creme shake

Wow Wow Wow

So now I have to wait and see if my stupid sensitive stomach will be ok with it and whether I feel the vitamins make a difference....which I am sure they will.

So if anyone out there is contemplating purchasing Marks supplements......Wow is all I can say !!

Zach is offline Banned
    Wow is all i can say to the price tag! Sorry but his supplements are some of the most overpriced stuff on the market and his protein powder is pretty low quality.

Multivitamin - $130 a month, 4$ a day?!?!?! I dont care how pure or complete it is, no multi is worth that. Most multi's dont even get digested properly so chances are you are just pissing that money down the toilet. You can also get a cheaper version for only a little less then $2 a day.

Primal fuel - $70, roughly 8g protein for $1, the rest is filler. Seriously he put guar gum, inulin, sucrose and maltodextrin in it and the powder is only a non grassfed whey isolate. You could get a pure isolate from truenutrition.com at a fraction of the price or a grassfed whey for roughly the same price.

Primal flora, a buck a day.. only three strains, uses magnesium stearate, in fact all his pills do.

Omegas, weak. Way better options out there.

Primal calm... wtf.

Vit D, hes selling 60 of 2000iu caps for $10, i can buy a liquid emulsion that has 1000 drops at 2000iu for $20!!

I will probably get banned for writing this but i had to say it. I think its downright ridiculous for a huge proponent of a paleo lifestyle to sell so many supplements and try to rip people off in the process. If they were top quality or a decent price point, i would not care, but this seems pretty shady.

Fantazmic is offline Member
    Well I will be interested to see how I go on them.

I have heaps of isses with my insides and a lot of the supplements have emulsifiers in them which Mark's doesnt. If I dont react it may be the only shake on the market I can have.

Zach is offline Banned
    Why not just eat real food?

Not that i care where you spend your money, just wondering.

MorganGirl is offline Member
    I agree, the Primal Fuel is awesome! (But at that price I can get a comparable protein in a huge quantity)

Why not eat real food? Well, I do, but I love smoothies, and when I'm in a huge rush in the morning a couple scoops of protein thrown into my fruit and almond milk smoothie is super satisfying until I can get to a real lunch.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Why not just throw one true raw free range egg into the smoothie, plenty of protein and O3 to boot?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I buy Mark's also and they're great, he makes the only Omega-3 supplement I can hack. The Damage Control multivitamin is also multimineral and multiantioxident and when you add all that up and compare with very pure high grade competitors it's not more expensive.

MorganGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Why not just throw one true raw free range egg into the smoothie, plenty of protein and O3 to boot?
    Can't stomach raw eggs

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I also find it unsettling that a paleo pioneer like Mark sells supplements. When I hear the word primal and primal foods I think its synonymous with whole foods found in their natural state. Supplements seem contradictory. I would always opt for the whole food because of the bioavailability and synergistic factors. I am not saying that I never have had a protein shake in a pinch but I do find his supplements to be overpriced.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm suspect on antioxidant containing supplements. Some of the have shown to be not only useless, but actually harmful. The synergy in which nutrients in foods work isn't fully understood. And $4 a day? I could almost supply my whole days worth of food with that money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast