Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time cooking salmon page 2

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Dill goes well with salmon.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    I always do mine with dill, lemon, just a little bit of salt & pepper - delicious!
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

eddie trowel is offline Junior Member
    salmon casserole is good too,don't chop it up though just use fairly large steaks.

Chanda is offline Member
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but, how would you prepare canned salmon? I bought a can, and then saw it could contain bones and skin. Now I'm afraid to open the can.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Salmon and silverbeet quiche.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but, how would you prepare canned salmon? I bought a can, and then saw it could contain bones and skin. Now I'm afraid to open the can.
    I just eat it out of the can with a fork
    All the skin/bones are totally eddible & good for you
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    What DinoHunter said.

Also, the bones in canned salmon are soft, but if the skin and bones freak you out, you could drain and dump the can into a food processor, then use it like you would have used canned tuna. Salmon patties (canned salmon, some eggs, some primal flour) fried up in your primal oil or fat of choice are good. Put the patties under poached eggs and you have a play on eggs benedict.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    What DinoHunter said.

Also, the bones in canned salmon are soft, but if the skin and bones freak you out, you could drain and dump the can into a food processor, then use it like you would have used canned tuna. Salmon patties (canned salmon, some eggs, some primal flour) fried up in your primal oil or fat of choice are good. Put the patties under poached eggs and you have a play on eggs benedict.
    Or you can scrape the skin off and pick the bones out and give them to someone who appreciates them.

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Almost all of my salmon 2-3x/week is lightly marinated and grilled. Marinade is sometimes as simple as olive oil, especially when the fish is fresh. This time of year, olive oil, tamari, maple syrup. Put on the grill flesh side down for 3-4 minutes, flip so skin side down for another 3-4 minutes.

Leftovers are combined with finely chopped veggies, spices, and egg for salmon cakes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12