Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Sleep Positions. page 2

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    A few years ago, I slept very well on a mattress on the floor. Right now, I have a day bed. It isn't perfect but I have limited options. I live in a rented room and the day bed is what fits.

Years ago, I slept on my back. It was great but I can't seem to fall asleep that way now. Before Primal, my breathing wasn't great on my back so I got out of the habit.

I fairly much sleep in a fetal position. I remember Mark saying that wasn't good. But that's what I am able to do right now.

My shoulders are very broad so I use 1 1/2 pillows (a normal one and a thin one.) Recommended by my CW doc.
    I'd say fetal position is the natural one, to be honest. It's more comfortable, stretches your spine, keeps you warm (imagine sleeping in 3C with just light covering: curling up preserves body-heat) and doesn't put stress on any particular muscle group, allowing your body to fully relax (for muscle-repairs and good rest).
    Almost every mammal sleeps in a fetal position over half the time. It's just the right position for a warm-blooded animal with a spine.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

wiltondeportes Guest
    I'm a natural stomach sleeper, but it kills my shoulders, neck, and back alignment. I do the back sleeping thing so my body feels good. I have never really been comfortable on my side, probably due to the difference in width between my shoulders and my hips.

If anyone has any great insight on sleep positions, I would like to know!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    I'd say fetal position is the natural one, to be honest. It's more comfortable, stretches your spine, keeps you warm (imagine sleeping in 3C with just light covering: curling up preserves body-heat) and doesn't put stress on any particular muscle group, allowing your body to fully relax (for muscle-repairs and good rest).
    Almost every mammal sleeps in a fetal position over half the time. It's just the right position for a warm-blooded animal with a spine.
    Thanks, Kochin. Makes sense.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    My bed is out of control! I have pretty bad arthritis, and have a hard time staying asleep on a hard surface. So I have a soft-side waterbed, with a pillowtop mattress, with a down mattress pad, with a 4" memory foam topper, with a 4" featherbed, and seven pillows that I use, and two that I don't. I sleep on my side, and roll over once or twice a night.
    I hope Primal helps your arthritis as much as it helped mine! I used to have to use a cane to get around after a rough work week, and now I sprint and climb trees with little pain.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Sleeping how I like: fetal, spread, on back... doesn't really matter imho
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Esther Gokhale's book '8 steps to natural posture' has some good advice for sleeping positions.

She studied traditional cultures and societies to figure out what proper posture is all about.

Google her.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    Esther Gokhale's book '8 steps to natural posture' has some good advice for sleeping positions.

She studied traditional cultures and societies to figure out what proper posture is all about.

Google her.
    I've heard of her. Great advice after looking it over. I actually figured a lot of that stuff out by myself.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-20-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12