Thread: Easter page

ajcunn87 is offline Junior Member

Easter

Primal Fuel
    What are you guys doing for Easter? Just went primal and haven't had a holliday to deal with. All the easter candy is haunting. We are think of just limiting it to one chocolate rabbit for each kid and hard boiled eggs (colored of course). Any other cool ideas to have a primal spring time holliday.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Older kids love to hunt eggs with money in them. Younger kids can get smaller toys or slips of paper that have activities written on them like an extra book at bed time or a trip to the park. Also fun is confetti eggs where you carefully break open eggs and remove contents for scrambling or whatever and then clean and dry the egg. Fill them with confetti and put a pece of paper over the open end to seal. Fun to crack on each others heads or throw ( outside unless you fancy the mess). I also give the kids one good chocolate bunny ( hubby too).

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Older kids love to hunt eggs with money in them. Younger kids can get smaller toys or slips of paper that have activities written on them like an extra book at bed time or a trip to the park. Also fun is confetti eggs where you carefully break open eggs and remove contents for scrambling or whatever and then clean and dry the egg. Fill them with confetti and put a pece of paper over the open end to seal. Fun to crack on each others heads or throw ( outside unless you fancy the mess). I also give the kids one good chocolate bunny ( hubby too).
    Blowing eggs - pin hole in one end, matchstick hole in the other, wiggle the match to break the yolk, put pin hole to lops and blow hard into a big basin. Scramble contents, paint shell.

Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    Blowing eggs - pin hole in one end, matchstick hole in the other, wiggle the match to break the yolk, put pin hole to lops and blow hard into a big basin. Scramble contents, paint shell.
    Thanks! I just noticed that my instructions were not detailed enough. Breaking a small hole in one end of the egg and shake out contents. No need to be so carefully with pin holes and all for confetti eggs as you need to be able to stuff them, so a smallish hole works well.

oliviascotland is online now Senior Member
    Saw an excellent tip on Facebook to fill plastic eggs with glowtubes and have an egg hunt in the dark!! Otherwise I have egg moulds and use good quality dark chocolate to make an egg for each of my children, filled with homemade coconut cream truffles.

We always decorate hard-boiled eggs, too.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    One thing you could do is to make chocolate eggs from dark chocolate. You COULD make a solid chocolate egg, but another idea is to roll the egg around while the chocolate hardens (making sure to cover the opening hole) and you'll end up with a hollow result. Like one of those kinder eggs, only without the toy. You'll have all of the surprise but with much less sugar, lol.

But, really, I don't think it's too much to let them have easter. There are sweet treats that are relatively low carb, and if your kids can handle it, it might be a good thing just so that they don't feel left out and run off to buy candy at walmart instead.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Easter was never very candy-oriented for my family. I grew up Orthodox Christian. Easter was all about big spreads of dishes with meat & cheese. LOTS of hard-boiled eggs, especially deviled eggs. We never did "egg hunts" or had any focus on the Easter Bunny. Make your own Easter, doesn't have to fit with the mainstream image that the stores are filled with. Why not cook rabbit?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Make your own Easter, doesn't have to fit with the mainstream image that the stores are filled with. Why not cook rabbit?
    Love it! That would REALLY freak the family out...(wanders of wondering where to by butchered bunnies).