Thread: does getting hungry mean ur not fat- adapted page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

does getting hungry mean ur not fat- adapted

just would like to know, i sometimes feel hungry or think i feel hungry , always thinking about food(had a food addiction before going primal) but nt a sugar addiction or anything i just really love food

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Either that or it means its time to eat.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Two things that have worked well for me in the past for figuring this out:

1. Drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If you're still hungry then, eat.

2. If you aren't hungry enough to make and eat a full meal, you aren't hungry.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    You're probably hungry,
    After all the threads you've posted about Ketosis, fasting, etc.
    You're trying to go too fast, slow down, eat well, relax and give it time.

Charging at it like that is a sure fire way to fail, you may have an underlying condition that you are not aware of, you push your body to go into ketosis, so you go very low carb, and IF as well, still doesn't work, so you calorie restrict, you persist for a couple of months, you gain weight on low calories and your thyroid or other organ "spits the dummy" and then you start running around yelling how Primal ruined your metabolism, nothin to do with primal, all in your attitude, Mark makes the point over and over, relax, have fun and give it time.

If you really had done as much reading as you say, you would know that there is potentially more issues for Women than Menin pushing too quickly into either IF or Ketosis, can't tell you why, that's just the cross section of experiences. So taking that on board you would get the basic Primal diet and lifestyle bedded in before you started pushing into Ketosis or IF.

Did you read all three IF primers I linked in another of your threads?
    Have you read the extended Ketosis threads?
    Did you follow and read the links, and did you read all the comments to gauge individuals experiences?

Somehow I doubt it, you seem to have too much time to post new questions.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    just would like to know, i sometimes feel hungry or think i feel hungry , always thinking about food(had a food addiction before going primal) but nt a sugar addiction or anything i just really love food
    You work out a lot so maybe you need more food (calories) than you are eating. There are lots of nutrition tracking sites. I find the easiest one to use is paleotrack.com. Enter the food you eat in a day and it will tell you the total calories and macronutrients. Or you may be suffering from bad food habits and addictions. Again, go to the fitness and athletic forums for information on how many calories you should be getting for the amount of exercise you do. I kept wanting many foods, especially sugary ones, that I used to eat, and would occasionlly have and english muffin with butter and jam at night. After about 4 months those desires disappeared.

Fat-adapted means your body can switch back and forth, when needed, between buring sugar(glycogen) or fat. The only way I can tell is that my mouth tastes different. I hadn't realized that my saliva tasted sweet. But when it changed to tasting of oil (fat) I really noticed. I went thouugh a stage where I felt like I was soaking in fats, that stage is either gone now or i've adjusted to it.