Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: which foods are high on PUFAs? anyone plz page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I woke up in ketosis this morning.

You know, now I know why people are so grumpy when they wake up. It's because of ketosis.
    I'm not grumpy when I wake up. Speak for yourself. The reason you may be grumpy is because you haven't had your cig and sweet coffee yet.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm not grumpy when I wake up. Speak for yourself. The reason you may be grumpy is because you haven't had your cig and sweet coffee yet.
    No, you're just grumpy all the time. Look at this reply. Grumpypants. Want a hug?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    No, you're just grumpy all the time. Look at this reply. Grumpypants. Want a hug?
    The only thing making me grumpy is that I con't get my hands into your foxy hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The only thing making me grumpy is that I con't get my hands into your foxy hair.
    We live close enough, you know. I'll let you handle my hair any way you want

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    also what things are not allowed on primal other than lots of CARBS and PUFAs, thanx in advance
    I completely understand the difficulties of Egypt as compared wtih the U.S.. Egypt is not alone in these problems and is far better than the U.S. in many food and pharmacy areas.

As to fats, primal limits you pretty much to Coconut Oil (for higher temperature cooking), Olive Oil (for lower temperature cooking and cold as on salads) and aminal fats (inlcuding lard). The PUFA's are in the seed and nut oils. These are by far the most commonly used in the U.S.

Your diet looks great. Upping the fats might hinder weight gain (I'm assuming you want to gain, if you want to loose, up the fats even if you have to drink a tablespoon at a time). However to make the best use of PB you also need to follow Mark's exercise plan. I'm not the one to advise on that, post on the fitness and athlete forums. There might even be some pole vaulters or past pole vaulters in the athlete forum.

Paleobird climbed Mt. Everest in Ketosis very successfully. It would be fantastic to see you in the Olympics. Please be sure to let us know so we can all watch you.

What else is not allowed? Not allowed are grains (all of them including corn) and sugar (of any form). All other carbs are allowed - but all other leaves only green leafs (or colored) and root veteables not including the Western white-meat potato which is not really a potato but a nightshade. All of the South American potatoes are allowed and have lots of carbs. There are a few seeds that are allowed. Most nuts are allowed but are to be used more as a treat. Nuts are also a very good way to up your fats if you want. Macadamia nuts, which I had never eaten before, are wonderful. I can really overindulge in them so I have to be careful. Mark has a lot of information on nuts and seeds on his blogs. I tend to stay away from seeds, but that is probably personal. Search Mark's blog, it has it's own search function and it's own forum.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-17-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks Derpamix, that's a great list.

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    thanx so much for this amazing info it helped alot!

Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    i cant get the book , its nt in any bookstore in egypt and i cant buy it online either and yes i read lots of articles i havent left the computer since last week ( nt literally of course) and there is details u just cant get from an article it has to be asked as a question, and anyway if u look at most of my thread there is barely any answers which is y i keep trying and posting neew ones so someone could finally answer me bt rather u all criticize me for wanting to know more , damn
    Yes, it's a strange, confusing, and often irritating world we live in. IMO it just keeps getting worse. But the differences in culture, customs, attitudes and behavoirs between countries have always interested me. Do keep in mind the Egyptian mass-attitude towards the Americans, and the American mass-attitude toward the world; and remember that as big as our country is, we've always been known as being very provinical.

I forgot to add, be sure to take Omega-3 capsules with evey meal. This is to help balance whatever PUFA's you do eat. Also, you can get raw goat milk, cream, cheese, etc. It's very healthy and has lots of fats as any dairy does. It also tastes wonderful.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-17-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Added last sentence.

Thank Matt Stone, it's his list!

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Omega 6 content of common foods by percentage of total calories:
    Omega 666 – the most Evil omega 6 powerhouses (over 50%)
    Grapeseed oil 70.6%!!!
    Corn Oil 54.5%
    Walnuts 52.5% (oil is 53.9%)
    Cottonseed oil 52.4%
    Soybean oil 51.4%
    Very High Omega 6 sources (20-50%)
    Sesame oil 42.0%
    Pepitas 34.5% Margarine 27.9%
    Pecans 26.9%
    Peanut Butter 22.5%
    Pistachios 21.3%
    High Omega 6 Sources (10-20%)
    Chicken Fat 19.5%
    Almonds 19.1%
    Canola oil 19.0%
    Flaxseed oil 12.9%
    Cashews 12.6%
    Duck Fat 12.2%
    Bacon Grease 10.2%
    Lard 10.2%
    Moderate Omega 6 Sources (5-10%)
    Olive oil 9.9%
    Goose Fat 9.8%
    Avocado 9.4%
    Chicken with skin 9.0%
    Olives 7.4%
    Bacon 7.0%
    Eggs 6.8%
    Pork chops 6.2%
    Popcorn (Air Popped) 5.8%
    Oats 5.6%
    Low Omega 6 Sources (2-5%)
    Corn 4.7%
    Chicken Liver 3.7%
    Sunflower Oil 3.7% (High oleic variety - others are very high in omega 6)
    Butter 3.4%
    Beef Tallow 3.1%
    Cocoa Butter 2.8%
    Cooked carrots 2.7%
    Macadamia Nut oil ~2.5%
    Brown rice 2.5%
    Cream 2.2%
    Beef liver 2.1% Grass-fed Beef 2.0%
    Whole wheat flour 2.0%
    Extremely low Omega 6 Sources (Less than 2%)
    Coconut oil 1.9%
    Prime rib 1.8%
    Whole milk 1.8%
    Half and Half 1.8%
    Ground Beef 1.6%
    Macadamia Nuts 1.6%
    Chicken without skin 1.4%
    Lamb 1.4%
    Cheese/Brie 1.3%
    Corn grits 1.2%
    Beets 1.2%
    Coconut Milk 1.1%
    Foie gras 1.1%
    Palm Kernel Oil 0.8%
    White rice 0.7%
    Sockeye Salmon 0.5%
    Yams 0.4%
    Potatoes 0.3%
    Halibut 0.2%
    Shrimp 0.2%
    Clams 0.2%
    Canned tuna 0.1%
    Blue crab 0.1%
    Lobster 0.1%

Also, your threads are funny.

GROK ON BROTHER
    I know this might be a lot to ask, but... would you consider devoting, oh, say 20-40 hours of your time each week to writing a blog? You have so much good information and such a charming personality, it needs its own hub. joking. But it would be awesome.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast