Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: which foods are high on PUFAs? anyone plz page 2

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I would suggest not being in ketosis and eating good carbs like fruit, especially if you're doing physical activity. Honestly, dropping 15lbs at 15 won't be very hard with just careful calorie restriction and moving around.

If you're in a real hurry to lose weight, maybe ketosis won't be that bad on the short term if you're looking to just drop fast water weight. Make sure you get fat from saturated sources. It also depends on how much unsaturated fat is in your body too. Liberating pufa into your blood stream is disastrous. Though, you're 15, your body is really resilient, so I don't think it'll matter much.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    look this is what i ate today , could u rate plz so i know if im on the right path
    breakfast: 4.5 oz chicken breast with skin, with 1 slice of gold cheddar, 10 almonds
    lunch : john west canned sardines in olive oil, veal shoulder (not the whole shoulder of course) 300 g raw in tbsp butter, 1/2 tomato , 1cup chopped greens(parsley,dill,coriander)1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
    dinner : 4 small egg omlete in tbsp butter and 1/2 cup chopped greens, 1 slice gold cheddar, tbsp honey with pee pollen( idk i just kind of crave for it ,weird huh)btw is honey allowed its just tbsp per day
    total calories 1837
    fat 60%, protein 36%, carb 4%
    wat do u think should i continue u like this and will this get me in ketosis?

Fat is not high enough, and the protein will probably knock you out of ketosis.

Typically 80% of your calories should be coming from fat.

its pretty hard getting in fat without the protein , that would mean eating butter and olive oil and that wouldnt satisfy me, i mentioned before that before i go primal i had a food addiction, it wasnt about type of food bt amount of food , so if im eating 2tbsp to make up for the chicken or eggs it just wont do, any suggestions ? and coconut oil is so expensive here, 25ml are for 20 egyptian pounds or 3 point something dollars such a rip off

Zach is offline Banned
    I suggest you forget about ketosis. Go the other end of the spectrum and go high carb low fat. Carb sources from fruit/potatoes, keep your protein relatively low and your fat saturated. You should he able to lose fat on this diet just as easy and will give you much better performance.

its getting so confusing some say go really low on carbs and some say go high on carbs(which should it be)

High on carbs for sure especially if you're breaking records in weights

lol kept laughing when saw that picture , actually i never noticed that my lifts were heavy i just do it bec i love it and want to do better at pole vaulting , probably ill play in the 2014 one , who knows

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Fat is not high enough, and the protein will probably knock you out of ketosis.

Typically 80% of your calories should be coming from fat.
    Derp giving advice on how to get into Ketosis... now I've seen it all.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I woke up in ketosis this morning.

You know, now I know why people are so grumpy when they wake up. It's because of ketosis.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast