Thread: hey page

lindahs is offline Junior Member

hey

Primal Fuel
    Hi my name is Linda
    I am primal in many ways but re diet/exercise/life style i have reached the one week mark
    I am 54 years young, 5'9" weighing in at 175 lbs. (btw didnt lose an ounce my first week)
    a recovering carb addict and my bmi is horrendous no doubt
    very active - although menopause has taken a signifigant toll physically and psychologically
    am a swimmer, distance cyclist and iyengar yoga practitioner
    hoping that this is a way of life i can really groove with (cheesy term but true)
    certainly i feel better after one week!
    so glad to be here
    take care

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    hey there welcome to the community , im new too i just finished a week and its awesome , i love my tseak yumm!!! btw ur bmi is not that bad , what is it , but im guessing from the numbers its in a healthy range

hi thanks for welcoming me
    my dh just measured me and time has taken its toll
    i can no longer call myself 5'9" as the sophisticated basement door we record all our family heights now reads "linda 3/17/13 5'8"
    sadly i am a wee bit shorter perhaps it jusst poor posture
    anyway
    thanks so much for welcoming me e grok
    my bmi is 26.6
    but will get better
    progress not perfection!

tzulogic is offline Member
    Yes! Stick to it! I'm new at this too, and I feel wonderful. I did not lose any weight at all at first. But I did drop 2 sizes. Then in the past three weeks I dropped 7lbs and 2 more sizes. (Overall, 36 to a 32.) So your body composition will change, even if you aren't noticing a weight change.

btw. I'm not even overweight. Other people will notice more drastic fat loss. Just keep researching and stick to the plan.

ragwort is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I am a 56 and been primal for just over a year now. I have lose nearly two stone and dropped two dress sizes but more importantly feel so much better. More alert and positive and no more food worries (counting calories, measuring etc). Even my menopausal symptoms have paled to a slight annoyance. So keep it up, it is really worth it!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragwort View Post
    Welcome! I am a 56 and been primal for just over a year now. I have lose nearly two stone and dropped two dress sizes but more importantly feel so much better. More alert and positive and no more food worries (counting calories, measuring etc). Even my menopausal symptoms have paled to a slight annoyance. So keep it up, it is really worth it!!

thank you everyone for your encouragement
    i still cheat a bit
    yesterday

b. coffee with whole organic milk
    fresh green juice with wheatgrass and a buncha other veggies

l. tuna with lime juice and an avocado

d. small piece of flounder, some oven baked sweet potato fries (not too many) and a small turkey burger (plain) and .... wait for it... a glass of beer - okay, okay i know

snack - organic pink lady apple with some almond butter

exercise: walked two mile on track outdoors (brrrrrrrrr! chilly) with intermittent sprints
    squats, planks but no pull-ups

thanks all!
    will get there

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome Linda! There are plenty of useful resources to learn from and also knowledgeable members. If you have any questions we are here to help!
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/