Page 96 of 244 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 96

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I want Morgan Freeman to be God...
    Was it Liar Liar that he played God in? Perfect casting, of course. Can you imagine him as your father or grandfather? He plays such similar characters that I have to think he is very much the same in real life.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Oh, I was too late!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Ha, Ci, you beat me to it.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Freeman doesn't mince his words...

Quote Originally Posted by Mont7right View Post
    Is is just me or are the Spambots getting political?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Sunday Morning

By now you guys are probably used to me thinking in song lyrics (Unless, of course, you've missed that most of my Subject Lines are song references.)

So it's Sunday morning in a new time zone, and after only one night I switched to the new rhythm.

New York is similar to London in a lot of ways. They're probably the most cosmopolitan, multi-cultural cities in the world, but there is a significant difference: the feeling.

People in London are lovely, but you don't pick that up from the energy on the streets. New York is famous for making people tough, but to survive in London you develop a frosty mask. Once you get talking to people it's a different matter, but people are reserved, and that creates an energy that is at once superficial and impenetrable.

Here, there is a sense of non-verbal openness. It's so nice to share spontaneous smiles with people, and to joke about inane things. I'm loosing the London frostiness rapidly. London is not my home.

Funny, how there's two places in the world that whenever I go there, I feel like I'm home. India, and the USA. First time I came to the US I was 17. We landed in Boston, and I told my mum that this was the place I was going to live.

Speaking of my mum: being with her non-stop is making me see how out-of-control her drinking has gotten. I guess I turn a blind eye when I'm at home, but she's seriously on a slippery slope. I'm surrounded by alcoholics: my mother, grand mother, even my house mate..! Not that I can judge: I have addictions of my own.

Speaking of which, I'm trying something new at the moment. Every time I start to think of myself with hatred (more frequently then I'd like to admit), I've started to focus on my heart, and create a feeling of love within myself, for myself. It has an amazing effect. Obviously it makes me feel better, but other things start to happen when I do it. My stomach starts to make noises, muscles start to twitch...

I've been trying to control my externals through externals (diet, exercise, life style), but now more than ever, I believe love is the source of true health.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Hey YogaBare! I've always loved New York.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Didn't get to finish my post... Do you think you will move to the U.S. anytime soon? Are you planning to make more stops in other places besides Cali? lol

I don't post that often but I've been following in the journals. Sorry to hear about your Mom's drinking.

Zach is offline Banned
    Have a great time!

Cant wait to hear about the ombare meetups!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    It's funny that you perceive NY as open. The US generally perceives it as how you describe London. I suppose it's all relative. Can't wait to hear about your day!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's issues. It inspires a feeling of hopelessness to watch someone close to you be self destructive like that and not be able to really do anything about it (well, short of staging an intervention or something)

...I believe love is the source of true health.
    Jesus, what a hippie :/

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html