Page 95 of 244 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 95

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Safe travels and happy holidays.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Hey Yogabare, WHERE are YOU?

If you are in Cali I hope it's cooler where you are, it was 92 here today and is supposed to be hotter tomorrow and Saturday!

You'll be happy to know that I ditched the autoimmune protocol. I wasn't feeling any better and I was driving my husband crazy. I think the only way I could do a restrictive diet like that is if I had the support of a trusted practitioner.

Where ever you are I hope you are having fun!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    We watched Dr. Strangelove in one of my classes last term. The class was called "Better Living Through Chemistry" Lalz.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Well, with anything, in particular. It's weird it's affecting your fatigue, but it's probably just a cyclical thing, and will improve.

Ah, gelatin too?!

Bretty bad tbh but w/e it's just the heat and summer and me being a big 'ol Derp

<3
    Noooo... it's aint affecting my fatigue at all. Been coming down for two weeks now, only started the prog 6 days ago. Feels like my body is fighting it cos' I've been on a 21 day menstrual cycle, and now the drugs are changing that. So I've been getting PMS symptoms, without the M>.

Of course! Bone broth and Great lakes every day. I honestly don't notice any difference in my energy or skin when I eat it though.

Awww. Well at least you have your journal now to chronicle your thoughts. I think it helps a lot. Have you moved into your new place yet?

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Safe travels and happy holidays.
    Thanks Badger!

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Hey Yogabare, WHERE are YOU?

If you are in Cali I hope it's cooler where you are, it was 92 here today and is supposed to be hotter tomorrow and Saturday!

You'll be happy to know that I ditched the autoimmune protocol. I wasn't feeling any better and I was driving my husband crazy. I think the only way I could do a restrictive diet like that is if I had the support of a trusted practitioner.

Where ever you are I hope you are having fun!
    I live in London, but right now I'm in Ireland, waiting in departures for my flight to NYC. Then on Monday we're flying to SF! I think it's pretty temperate there...

YES! I'm very happy to hear that I think two weeks is a fair trial... In most cases I believe that if something's going to work there should be some kind of initial green light. What were you eating before you started it? I think this Fast Metabolism Diet sounds really interesting... it's designed to support the endocrine system, so it could be really useful. I ordered the book so I'll be looking into it when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    We watched Dr. Strangelove in one of my classes last term. The class was called "Better Living Through Chemistry" Lalz.
    Have you seen "What the Bleep do we know?" It's a documentary about Quantum physics... it's a bit annoying, but it outlines the concepts quite succinctly. I've meant to watch the Morgan Freeman series about the Universe for ages, but only got through the first episode...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-06-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    By the time you get to California the heat will have died down and SF is always cool, it can be downright cold in the Summer. It varies quite a bit depending on what part of SF you're in. Make sure you have layers you can put on and take off as the temp. can change quickly. I'll think of you when I'm across the bay in Oakland on Tues/Wed. My son and I have picked out a nice place to eat dinner at on Tues. evening.

Before I went on the autoimmune diet I was eating regular primal, nothing extreme. I gave it a good it a good 3 weeks and I saw no improvements. So I'm back to having milk in my tea and I may even have an egg for breakfast! Our chickens are laying a lot lately and since I wasn't doing my part in eating them they've been piling up. We had so many my husband had to give them away.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hah! Sounds like an awesome class. i took some awesome classes in college too.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Have you seen "What the Bleep do we know?" It's a documentary about Quantum physics... it's a bit annoying, but it outlines the concepts quite succinctly. I've meant to watch the Morgan Freeman series about the Universe for ages, but only got through the first episode...
    I did see it, but it was quite some time ago. Maybe I'll get around to it again.

I want Morgan Freeman to follow me around and narrate my life.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Hah! Sounds like an awesome class. i took some awesome classes in college too.
    It was a course on the history of chemistry from antiquity (alchemy) through WWII. We touched on some of the early 2000's in terms of climate change as well. It was fairly interesting. I wish I had done more of the readings. I still have the course packet so I might do some this summer.

diene is offline Senior Member

It was a course on the history of chemistry from antiquity (alchemy) through WWII. We touched on some of the early 2000's in terms of climate change as well. It was fairly interesting. I wish I had done more of the readings. I still have the course packet so I might do some this summer.
    I wish I did more of the readings in a lot of my classes too.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I want Morgan Freeman to follow me around and narrate my life.
    I want Morgan Freeman to be God...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

I watched the Morgan Freeman series a few years ago and really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by PaleoMom; 06-07-2013 at 06:09 PM.