Page 94 of 244 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 94

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I grew up in the Monterey area and hubby grew up across the bay in Santa Cruz. We also lived in the Bay Area for 10 yrs, with 1 yr in SF. We now reside about 130 miles north in Mendocino County. We still visit friends and family in those areas a couple of times a year.

I'm trying to eat more autoimmune approved carbs in order to avoid the dreaded train wreck, but dang there really are precious few to choose from. I'm planning on going off the diet next Tuesday and Wednesday as my son and I will be Oakland (we go there yearly to see his doctors) and we like to eat in at least one nice restaurant while we are there.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I grew up in the Monterey area and hubby grew up across the bay in Santa Cruz. We also lived in the Bay Area for 10 yrs, with 1 yr in SF. We now reside about 130 miles north in Mendocino County. We still visit friends and family in those areas a couple of times a year.

I'm trying to eat more autoimmune approved carbs in order to avoid the dreaded train wreck, but dang there really are precious few to choose from. I'm planning on going off the diet next Tuesday and Wednesday as my son and I will be Oakland (we go there yearly to see his doctors) and we like to eat in at least one nice restaurant while we are there.
    Gosh... I don't know. What are the approved carbs? This reminds me - my mum has hashis, and years ago she went on a diet where pretty much all she could eat was Halva and tomatoes. She was already thin, dropped to 47 kgs (she's 5'6). Guess what? At the end she still had hashis.

I don't know... I'm very skeptical about these extremely restrictive diets. Are we really so damaged that there's only two foodstuffs we can tolerate? It just seems to me like doctors don't know what's happening and they lose the run of themselves. I'm not saying you should go crazy on the cookies, but there's too much evidence to suggest that low carb is dangerous for low thyroid...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

That old, familiar feeling

Last night when I was going to sleep a few things happened. Firstly, I couldn't sleep, which hasn't happened to me in ages. (I attribute it to the huge portion of liver-infused beef Bolognese that I devoured for dinner). Secondly, I realised that for the last ten days, whilst I've been feeling withdrawn, tired, and demotivated, I've actually been mildly depressed.

This isn't a bad thing. If you've been reading you'll know I've been bleating on about how this energy dip is a breath of fresh air. I'm so used to crashing, burning and binging, that the subtle shifts in severity give me hope that one day I'll reach my goal (simple balance).

Empowering. Realising that I'm not the helpless victim of my mood anymore. Remembering that the low phases don't last.

Saying that, today was the lowest ebb so far. The fatigue was debilitating; my lack of enthusiasm, pervasive. I had intense sugar cravings: ended up eating a large pineapple, two bars of 70% chocolate, and drinking maple syrup as though it was cough bottle. I was resisting the cravings initially, and then I remembered that I promised myself at the start of this journal to trust my body. I obviously needed whatever was in those foodstuffs, and maybe tomorrow I'll be over this hump.

This sounds strange, but I have the sense that the progesterone has confused my body, and thrown it out of it's weird cycle. I think I was about to get my period when I started taking the medication, and then it threw everything off-course, which is why I've been so exceptionally bloated for so long now.

Anyway, would like to end with some profound quote, but all I can keep thinking of is how devastated I am about "Game of Thrones"..!

Oh yeah, and how I can't wait to go to CALI tomorrow

Nom.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-05-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I hope you have a great flight to california and a good time while you are there.

I also agree with not caring about your foods while on holiday. I find that i tend to eat well, but not over-eat, and I enjoy the process. So it's great.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Ha, yeah I love Kubrick! WHich is your favourite of his films? Oddly, "Eyes Wide Shut" is mine...
    Ha, that is odd. mine actually is Dr. Strangelove. It's the best satire, ever. Though the book it was based on, Red Alert, was actually a straight thriller.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    areyouthereyetareyouthereyetareyouthereyet??? Our meetup is so close! Shit, I need to buy plane tickets...

I wonder if the progesterone has something to do with your mood recently. You might have said that. Anyway, I think mood also has a lot to do with your environment so perhaps being out of your regular one + being too busy traveling to think too much about it will lift you up! xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I hope you have a great flight to california and a good time while you are there.

I also agree with not caring about your foods while on holiday. I find that i tend to eat well, but not over-eat, and I enjoy the process. So it's great.
    Thank you! And thanks for ALL your advice. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Ha, that is odd. mine actually is Dr. Strangelove. It's the best satire, ever. Though the book it was based on, Red Alert, was actually a straight thriller.
    All his films are based on books actually... I really want to read "Traumnovelle" by Arthur Schnitzler, which is the novella "EWS" is based on.

If you're a Kubrick fan, you might be interested in this The Making of Kubricks 2001

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    This.

This is so beautiful. I am ecstatic that you are in this head space. I know I keep praising you for how much I'm watching you grow as I read your journal, but because this is where I want to be in my life -- it just makes me so full of joy and hope. Joy, for such a great person like you find the path towards peace and balance, and hope that one day, my efforts will lead me to your position.

I hope you have a great, safe flight to the States, and I hope everyone is friendly!
    Thanks Ci I don't know if I'm doing as well as you perceive me to be, but I really appreciate your kind words <3

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    areyouthereyetareyouthereyetareyouthereyet??? Our meetup is so close! Shit, I need to buy plane tickets...

I wonder if the progesterone has something to do with your mood recently. You might have said that. Anyway, I think mood also has a lot to do with your environment so perhaps being out of your regular one + being too busy traveling to think too much about it will lift you up! xoxo
    Nope. It's a cycle. I get tired all the time: up and down I go... I am coming to the conclusion that it's probably hormonal, but it's not related to taking the progesterone. It's been happening for years.

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Is the progesterone helping at all? And have you been increasing protein consumption?
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Is the progesterone helping at all? And have you been increasing protein consumption?
    Helping with the fatigue? Not at all actually. But I've only been taking it for a week, and it feels like my body is fighting it in a weird way... Like it was trying to continue on it's usual cycle, and this was throwing it off.

My protein consumption is the same as it was, but it was already pretty decent: I eat meat or fish once a day...

How's your mood these days? <3

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Helping with the fatigue? Not at all actually. But I've only been taking it for a week, and it feels like my body is fighting it in a weird way... Like it was trying to continue on it's usual cycle, and this was throwing it off.

My protein consumption is the same as it was, but it was already pretty decent: I eat meat or fish once a day...

How's your mood these days? <3
    Well, with anything, in particular. It's weird it's affecting your fatigue, but it's probably just a cyclical thing, and will improve.

Ah, gelatin too?!

Bretty bad tbh but w/e it's just the heat and summer and me being a big 'ol Derp

<3
    nihil