Page 93 of 244 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 93

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Whats the gist of that diet?
    rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire.
    PHASE ONE (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
    PHASE TWO (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
    PHASE THREE (Friday-Saturday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils
    Repeat for four weeks!
    Each Phase focuses on different whole, healthy foods to calm your adrenal glands, reduce stress on your liver, and feed your thyroid so it can produce the hormones T3 and T4, the superstars of a fast metabolism. You’ll reduce stress, too—and as a result, put the damper on the belly-fat hormone, cortisol. By keeping your metabolism guessing, you’ll get it working faster.
    A woman on the forum told me about it and said that after a loooong plateau she's finally losing again - 3 lbs a week.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, I think if anything else it could be good for your digestion. I don't know who here or how much anyone believes in food combining, but it could be beneficial for your gut to only have to deal with certain types of foods at a time. I.e. fruit for few days, then meat, etc. instead of trying to blend it all in there at once.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    This Fast Metabolism deal sounds pretty interesting, it seems vague enough to not feel too restrictive at all. I'm totally going to look into this.

I'm really digging the new vibe you've been putting off, ya know! You seem to be cutting out things in your life that no longer concern you, moving on to new things, and being really accepting of the new groove you've come into. This is going to sound really weird and sentimental, but I am seriously honored to be able to witness your path to happiness as you continue to blossom into a healthy, happy woman. It's so beautiful to just sit back and watch someone come into their own! I just thought you should know that. hugs
    Awwwww Ci. Thank you so much for writing that! It totally made my day

I definitely do feel that I'm making huge progress, and it's so cool to have your support on the journey. I actually realised today that I've been mildly depressed for the last two weeks, and the reason I didn't realise it was because I'm so used to my depression being severe that mild depression doesn't register with me. It's like a new level of awareness, realising this. A new standard for happiness? Anyway, as soon as I realised I felt depressed, I remembered that I have the power to shift it. I'm about to write all this in my next journal entry anyway

When I come back from CA I'm going to read the book and if it's good I'll prob start a thread on it, sharing all the info. Would be cool if some other people came on the journey too! And I like the premise of it cos' it's eating towards better health with a goal in mind. Weight loss would be a demonstration that the metabolism is firing up.
    Hugs to you xx

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Hmm, I think if anything else it could be good for your digestion. I don't know who here or how much anyone believes in food combining, but it could be beneficial for your gut to only have to deal with certain types of foods at a time. I.e. fruit for few days, then meat, etc. instead of trying to blend it all in there at once.
    I believe there's truth in food combining. Some people took the theory too far, of course, but even in ancient Indian (spots, not feathers) medicine they say not to have fruit after food (they eat their fruit before their meal). And I agree - it sounds like this would help.

My bloat is still terrible. Interesting that it's linking with the low energy. Have you ever tracked it like that?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Heya, so I responded to you in my journal, but since you're leaving for CA soon (I can't remember if you're leaving Thursday or Friday), I thought I'd mention it here too in case you don't get around to visiting my journal before you leave. You definitely should NOT restrict while on vacation. That would make your vacation a lot less fun and would be a silly thing to do. You'll probably lose a little just by being on vacation. It usually happens to me even though I overeat constantly while on vacation. (I'm of the belief that the best way to get to know a place is by eating it's food--and I take that motto to the extreme ) I think it's the walking, extra sleep, and lack of stress.

So just have fun, and I'll be expecting pictures, especially when you and ombat are hanging out. Come on, show me some pics so I can live vicariously through you while I remain trapped in this god-forsaken place.

The Fast Metabolism thing sounds interesting to me too, and I may be tempted to jump on the bandwagon. Will wait till you get back though.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I just noticed your Dr. Strangelove reference in your sig - that's one of my favorite movies of all-time!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Hey Yogabare, thought I'd visit your journal since we were discussing things on your other thread. Where in California are you visiting? It's all pretty great, well not the central valley, it's kind of boring with a few exceptions. It's starting to heat up where I'm at. Hope you have a great trip.

I think there is definitely something to not eating most fruits and other foods together. I don't know about the rest of it.

I cant say I've come to any conclusions about the correlation between bloating and fatigue other than that constipation -> bloating and fatigue. There are so many things that cause lack of energy (at least for me) that I cant really discern how it and bloating affects one another.

Diene, overeating + losing weight on vacation happens to tons of people! And although I absolutely agree on eating local foods, I'd have to say you actually do not want to do this most places in America haha
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

diene is offline Senior Member

Diene, overeating + losing weight on vacation happens to tons of people! And although I absolutely agree on eating local foods, I'd have to say you actually do not want to do this most places in America haha
    Haha, that's true cuz you might have to guzzle HFCS in order to appreciate the local culture in most places in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Haha, that's true cuz you might have to guzzle HFCS in order to appreciate the local culture in most places in the U.S.
    No, no, don't fill up on HFCS. You need to save room for plant and seed oils.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Heya, so I responded to you in my journal, but since you're leaving for CA soon (I can't remember if you're leaving Thursday or Friday), I thought I'd mention it here too in case you don't get around to visiting my journal before you leave. You definitely should NOT restrict while on vacation. That would make your vacation a lot less fun and would be a silly thing to do. You'll probably lose a little just by being on vacation. It usually happens to me even though I overeat constantly while on vacation. (I'm of the belief that the best way to get to know a place is by eating it's food--and I take that motto to the extreme ) I think it's the walking, extra sleep, and lack of stress.

So just have fun, and I'll be expecting pictures, especially when you and ombat are hanging out. Come on, show me some pics so I can live vicariously through you while I remain trapped in this god-forsaken place.

The Fast Metabolism thing sounds interesting to me too, and I may be tempted to jump on the bandwagon. Will wait till you get back though.
    Thanks Diene - I read it and you actually gave great advice. I'm at the point of not giving a fuck again - there seems to be very little I can do so whateves

Will definitely post pics of me and the Bat - though it will have my head chopped off And yeah, once I get back I'll share all the info about the FM diet. Looking forward to being the beginner of a new fad diet thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I just noticed your Dr. Strangelove reference in your sig - that's one of my favorite movies of all-time!
    Ha, yeah I love Kubrick! WHich is your favourite of his films? Oddly, "Eyes Wide Shut" is mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Hey Yogabare, thought I'd visit your journal since we were discussing things on your other thread. Where in California are you visiting? It's all pretty great, well not the central valley, it's kind of boring with a few exceptions. It's starting to heat up where I'm at. Hope you have a great trip.
    Welcome to the Love song (that isn't)! And cheers for the well wishes on my trip. I'm mostly hitting SF but will be in Santa Cruz too. Where are you based? Are you a native to CA?

And, back on topic, have you given more thought to giving up that diet? I really think that people who recommend low carb for thyroid problems are shooting in the dark.

I cant say I've come to any conclusions about the correlation between bloating and fatigue other than that constipation -> bloating and fatigue. There are so many things that cause lack of energy (at least for me) that I cant really discern how it and bloating affects one another.
    Well, I'm now starting to see a correlation between plateaus, energy loss, and bloating...

No, no, don't fill up on HFCS. You need to save room for plant and seed oils.
    You guys... I was mainly looking forward to half gallon Cokes, but now I'm going to have to broaden my horizons. Recommended sources of local seed oils? Obviously Hemp is too healthy.

- Ray Peat