Page 92 of 244 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 92

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    As a 56 year old woman who's had three kids I can't help but ask, what do the hips of a 40 yr old woman, with 3 kids, look like?

And, you look great in all your pictures.You are definitely not any of the terms you've used to describe yourself.
    Lol, thanks Marcadav <3 You made me realise that the "40 year old woman who's had three kids" image I have in my mind is... my mum! My body looks exactly like hers in that pic, at times when she's been over her normal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...it's funny how our individual perceptions vary from what others see. You see dejection, and all I see is a pretty green dress. Chin up girl...hebs
    Thanks hebs I saw you pop up on Zach's journal a few days ago - do you guys know each other from before?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yb, just try a few days of differet "diets". Maybe one day do the potato diet, next week try a juice or milk day. Maybe you will find something that is sustainable that you could follow a few days a week. I dont think concisely restricting your food decisions is a good idea, its like you are coming full circle to before the RRARF days. Just dedicate a few days of dieting a week and the rest eat normally. Kinda like fasting but better.

And yes, a juicer would be needed to do a juice fast. $50 on amazon for a hand crank.
    I could probably do one day a week Ugh. I'm SICK of buying and owning stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Aww, you took it down before I had a chance to look.

I should post pics of myself so you can see how thin you are in comparison!
    Lol, thanks
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I totally agree with Ci about the pictures - in the most recent one you look like you'd rather be anywhere else. And that's without even seeing your face. You do look disconcertingly thin in the first one, you look great in the second one, and in the third one I can see that the dress is possibly not flattering the stomach bloat, but the rest of your body looks great! Your arms look slender and your hips do not look large by any means. It's only because you're comparing your body to your other two photos that it might seem that way to you.

You're not alone with the restricting thoughts, by the way. Ever since "eat a ton" I've been careful (not crazy) about my fat intake. Maybe that's all you need to do but in no way would you need to go hungry.

As for being withdrawn, it could be because of the displeasure with yourself atm, but sociabiity comes in waves. At least it does for me.
    Thank you <3

Yeh, I actually think fat is the easier macro to reduce without feeling deprived! My body seems to need carbs much more than fat. I've reduced how much I'm adding to meals, but I'm not taking the skin off salmon

Absolutley - sociability comes in waves, and I have no problem with feeling withdrawn. As I keep saying, this usually comes bundled with depression and zero energy, so I'm actually seeing this as big progress

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Hey! Sorry, I feel as if I've been neglecting you!

You know the biggest difference I see in the 3 photos? Your posture. I can't see your face (which might have disgraced me from your body language all together) but in the first photo, you do not have such a confident stance as you do in the other two photos. The other ones, you've got a whimsical vibe about you that sends off happier signals. I bet if you were standing in a cute/happy/funny/confident way in the green dress, you would feel as though you look just as nice. I am definitely not one to talk about having proper confidence, but.... Maybe it would help to try focusing on the parts you do like, right now, instead of your "40-YO woman hips" you silly lady.

As far as support goes, though, I'm right here with you. I don't know if my adventures into junk food and gluten and whateverthehelliwant recently have effected me so greatly, but I am in the same boat as you, emotionally. I don't want to see or talk to anyone, I feel disappointed in my body, and my energy is shot. So, I'm sending hugs to you and hoping that our negativity will dissipate soon!
    THanks Ci. One thing I've become very conscious of through journalling, and reading other people's journals, is how unaware of their patterns people are. We feel a certain way, and find an eternal justification for this, forgetting that we felt like this not-so-long ago. What I'm saying is that feeling withdrawn is part of my pattern, not necessarily related to external events. Maybe it's the same for you - part of a cycle?

Oh and i agree with the girls. Your body language totally tells the story. I do think your hips are a bit bigger but hardly big, overall you are still really thin. I have to keep repeating this but i still cant believe you three are bitching about your bodies (besides the bloat). Its sad that we live in a society where women have to always be worrying about every ounce of fat they gain or lose. I really think its the mentality that creates the problems, that and devil PUFA!
    Cheers Zach - I appreciate that. And I've booked in for a lobotomy - that'll solve my problems!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Cheers Zach - I appreciate that. And I've booked in for a lobotomy - that'll solve my problems!
    Someone once said I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.........

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thanks hebs I saw you pop up on Zach's journal a few days ago - do you guys know each other from before?
    ...yes, Zach and I have a long history of being e-friends -- maybe eight years?!? Anyways, he's a great guy, and I'm glad to see him here at MDA 'stirring things up'!...hebs

Zach is offline Banned
    Haha, yea from multiple previous forums. Ahhh the good ol days.

YB, why dont you sell all the useless gadgets and buy a cheap juicer? I swear you will use it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Someone once said I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.........

Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...yes, Zach and I have a long history of being e-friends -- maybe eight years?!? Anyways, he's a great guy, and I'm glad to see him here at MDA 'stirring things up'!...hebs
    MDA = bringing people together through food fights
    Haha, yea from multiple previous forums. Ahhh the good ol days.

YB, why dont you sell all the useless gadgets and buy a cheap juicer? I swear you will use it.
    WHich useless gadgets? They're all useful! Seriously though, I don't have that many. OTher than the 12 harddrves I need for work (I"m not exaggerating).

Btw, there's a great GOT discussion going on Odds and ENds! The episode with The Red Wedding was on last night. I'm still traumatised...

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Oh, i thought you had a bunch of kitchen crap you have bought over the years. Whatever then man!!!

Yea that was definitelythe most traumatizing part of the whole series. Next weeks ep should make up for it!

Oh, i thought you had a bunch of kitchen crap you have bought over the years. Whatever then man!!!

Yea that was definitelythe most traumatizing part of the whole series. Next weeks ep should make up for it!
    Nope, not me. All I've got is a whisk (for making pavlova)! I hate stuff.

I didn't realise you were watching the series - thought you hated it! the books are infinitely better, but I think they're doing a great job. I cried last night...

- Ray Peat

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

So, last week I attempted to change my journal format, and then promptly switched back But from here on in, I'm stopping what I (re)started. I'm not on a diet, so I don't see why I should record what I eat. I'm sleeping really well, so there's no need to keep account of it. Until I start making a concerted effort to lose weight through diet, I'm going to reserve this for just sharing bits and pieces of info, and noting the odd observation about my body.

LIKE -

Skin: Probably shouldn't speak too soon, but I think the Copper Peptides are making a difference! The skin on my hands is looking a lot less "tissuey". I even think the skin texture on my face is looking better, but it could be my imagination. I am getting some pimples in places that I never got them before, and that started as soon as I started using them. At any rate, I haven't gotten "the uglies" yet... long may it continue

I also just bought a copy of "The Fast Metabolism Diet" I might do it when I get back from CA. Not just to lose weight: I like how it works to support the metabolism. Since I have hormonal imbalances and metabolic dysfunction, that can only lead to improved health methinks. For the time being, I'm accepting my weight, and going to enjoy "not being on a diet".

Finally, I reckon when I come back I'm going to go to a Naturopath to look at my digestive issues. I'm sick of dicking around, trying to self-cure things. By then I'll have finished one month of Progesteone treatment and should have some indication of whether it's helping my bloat.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-04-2013 at 02:58 PM.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Yea im watching it for lack of anything better to watch. Its been pretty decent.

Whats the gist of that diet?