Page 91 of 244 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 91

Zach is offline Banned
    For gut healing, i highly suggest a fresh juice fast and takin extra enzymes. I really believe the gut needs some extended time off to heal. Just doing 1-2 days of pulp free fresh juice might make you feel much better.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    "We accept the love we think we deserve"

Are you eating full fat Greek yoghurt?
    It's true. I think the problem is that deep down I don't believe I deserve to be loved. I feel really guilty when my parents demonstrate love towards me. Isn't that weird?

Of course it was full fat! Some things in life shouldn't be tampered with Btw, have you ever tried what Zach is suggesting (below)?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    For gut healing, i highly suggest a fresh juice fast and takin extra enzymes. I really believe the gut needs some extended time off to heal. Just doing 1-2 days of pulp free fresh juice might make you feel much better.
    Thanks for the suggestion. WOuld this mean buying a juicer? And what do you mean by "extra enzymes"?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Week 11, Day 1

I'm feeling pretty bummed out about my lack of weight loss atm. All week I've been tired, bloated, withdrawn, and I'm starting to feel negative.

It was kind of triggered by seeing a photo of me in my dress last weekend. In my mind, my hips look like the hips of a 40 year old woman who's had three kids I really want to lose weight, but I don't know how to. I started a thread on the Nutrition forum, hoping for some useful suggestions, but more looking for support than anything.

Sleep:
    12.30am - 8.30am: 8 hours Felt really tired when I woke up: like I could have slept for longer.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Consciously tried to restrict fat today...

9.00am - Coffee w/ milk, 1 potato, 2 fried eggs.
    two more coffees.
    1.45pm - Lunch: 1 medium pineapple, 1 orange, two squares 70% dark choc.
    tea with milk and sugar.
    5.30pm - Dinner: 1 potato, mixed sea food: prawns, calamari, mussles (hope they don't make me sick!), cooked in apple cider vinegar and maple syrup (interesting...!), 2/3s of a medium pineapple.
    decaf tea with milk and sugar.

Cravings:
    Sugar.
    Baths! Talk about a weird craving, but I've had a salt bath for the last three nights. Feels good to relax and read.

Supps:
    Mg-B6 complex x2
    Vit C x 2
    Aspirin x 2
    Alfalfa x 2
    Progesterone x 2
    Topical zinc

Energy and mood:
    Still feel tired, but getting a little less withdrawn: actually responded to a few text messages today.

Body:
    Digestion: mmm. Not great in the morning, then got the runs after my pineapple lunch...
    Lips: A bit raw after the peel last night, but feel them starting to heal.
    Bloating: No better.

Stress
    Warning: this is my ED talking, but since seeing the pic of me in my dress I feel totally dejected about my body. I keep thinking about how I used to look. (Ombat, I was already looking at these pics before you posted yours, but after you did I nearly posted my montage on your page - we're in sync again girl )

The first pic is from last weekend. You know how I got there!
    Second pic is from two years ago, when I first put weight back on. I stayed at this weight (or less) for another year, til I found VLC... It wasn't hard to maintain. I ate three decent meals a day (vegan / vegetarian), and I was binging probably once a week.
    Third pic was three years ago. I was actually thinner than I look there: I'm wearing very baggy clothes in the pic, but you can see how much my waist tapers in, and I actually have - thigh gap!! That was the point when people were starting to ask if I was anorexic. I was eating irregularly, often going hungry. I had just gone through a period of two weeks where all I was eating was four tomatoes a day... Was still binging, but was restricting very severely afterwards.

Sorry, I know I'm moaning, but I feel like I'm caught in between a rock and a hard place: not happy with my body, but afraid to restrict cos' I don't want to relapse. I guess I need to be patient
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    In my mind, my hips look like the hips of a 40 year old woman who's had three kids
    As a 56 year old woman who's had three kids I can't help but ask, what do the hips of a 40 yr old woman, with 3 kids, look like?

And, you look great in all your pictures.You are definitely not any of the terms you've used to describe yourself.

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Warning: this is my ED talking, but since seeing the pic of me in my dress I feel totally dejected about my body. I keep thinking about how I used to look. (Ombat, I was already looking at these pics before you posted yours, but after you did I nearly posted my montage on your page - we're in sync again girl )

The first pic is from last weekend. You know how I got there!
    Second pic is from two years ago, when I first put weight back on. I stayed at this weight (or less) for another year, til I found VLC... It wasn't hard to maintain. I ate three decent meals a day (vegan / vegetarian), and I was binging probably once a week.
    Third pic was three years ago. I was actually thinner than I look there: I'm wearing very baggy clothes in the pic, but you can see how much my waist tapers in, and I actually have - thigh gap!! That was the point when people were starting to ask if I was anorexic. I was eating irregularly, often going hungry. I had just gone through a period of two weeks where all I was eating was four tomatoes a day... Was still binging, but was restricting very severely afterwards.
    ...it's funny how our individual perceptions vary from what others see. You see dejection, and all I see is a pretty green dress. Chin up girl...hebs

ombat is offline Senior Member
    It's true. I think the problem is that deep down I don't believe I deserve to be loved. I feel really guilty when my parents demonstrate love towards me. Isn't that weird?
    Yeah it is pretty weird, but it's also pretty normal. We hold ourselves to a much higher standard than we do others at times. I used to struggle tremendously with low self esteem and every once in a while I still do (I don't know why, because I'm so fucking awesome all of the time ). I think it's a cycle that you just need to find a way to pull yourself out of and it definitely starts with self love. If you don't love yourself, how can you expect anyone else to?

Of course it was full fat! Some things in life shouldn't be tampered with Btw, have you ever tried what Zach is suggesting (below)?
    Well excuuuuuuuuse me! I was just wondering since you mentioned calories. I'm starting to come to the realization though that 2% might be too low in cals for me. I might play around with it. Maybe it's because I'm not used to eating dairy / I was never really fond of it in the first place, but 2% seems so rich to me and I can't imagine eating full fat without feeling ill.

I should do that. I think (maybe) I'll try to do it for the first day or two that I'm home each week from staying with my cousins. I anticipate my stomach not being very happy this summer otherwise...

I totally agree with Ci about the pictures - in the most recent one you look like you'd rather be anywhere else. And that's without even seeing your face. You do look disconcertingly thin in the first one, you look great in the second one, and in the third one I can see that the dress is possibly not flattering the stomach bloat, but the rest of your body looks great! Your arms look slender and your hips do not look large by any means. It's only because you're comparing your body to your other two photos that it might seem that way to you.

I was eating irregularly, often going hungry. I had just gone through a period of two weeks where all I was eating was four tomatoes a day... Was still binging, but was restricting very severely afterwards
    This is so upsetting. You are such a lovely human being that I cannot bear the thought of you torturing yourself like this.

You're not alone with the restricting thoughts, by the way. Ever since "eat a ton" I've been careful (not crazy) about my fat intake. Maybe that's all you need to do but in no way would you need to go hungry.

As for being withdrawn, it could be because of the displeasure with yourself atm, but sociabiity comes in waves. At least it does for me.

And... we are in each others braaaaiiiins, dude. It is a bit frightening.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yb, just try a few days of differet "diets". Maybe one day do the potato diet, next week try a juice or milk day. Maybe you will find something that is sustainable that you could follow a few days a week. I dont think concisely restricting your food decisions is a good idea, its like you are coming full circle to before the RRARF days. Just dedicate a few days of dieting a week and the rest eat normally. Kinda like fasting but better.

And yes, a juicer would be needed to do a juice fast. $50 on amazon for a hand crank.

Zach is offline Banned
    Oh and i agree with the girls. Your body language totally tells the story. I do think your hips are a bit bigger but hardly big, overall you are still really thin. I have to keep repeating this but i still cant believe you three are bitching about your bodies (besides the bloat). Its sad that we live in a society where women have to always be worrying about every ounce of fat they gain or lose. I really think its the mentality that creates the problems, that and devil PUFA!

diene is offline Senior Member

Aww, you took it down before I had a chance to look.

I should post pics of myself so you can see how thin you are in comparison!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Oh and i agree with the girls. Your body language totally tells the story. I do think your hips are a bit bigger but hardly big, overall you are still really thin. I have to keep repeating this but i still cant believe you three are bitching about your bodies (besides the bloat). Its sad that we live in a society where women have to always be worrying about every ounce of fat they gain or lose. I really think its the mentality that creates the problems, that and devil PUFA!
    What if it's the devil PUFA that's messing with our MINDS??

Just think about it.