Page 90 of 244 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 90

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    OR it could be since having the food poisoning. I haven't been quite right since then I think...
    I had a stomach virus or food poisoning (not sure which one) about a month ago. It took about 2 weeks for my digestion to get back to normal!

I'm okay with being alone as well - I like it, and I have tons of friends and a good relationship with my family, so I'm never lonely. But I miss the intimacy of a relationship, and I get frustrated that I seem to have no control over this aspect of my life. Stuck in groundhog day, repeating the same situation (being alone) over and over and over. I think that's the worst part: I've loved a lot of my time being single, but I worry that it's never going to end, and I'll always be unfulfilled in this aspect of my life...

Ah, so you're another Ray Peat fan - double welcome Actually, what do you think of the carrot salad? I honestly don't notice anything when I eat it... in fact some usually passes through undigested (sorry tmi ) so I have doubts that it benefits me at all.

That's crazy shit about your cycle... wow. Hashi's is a weird illness and it can affect people in so many ways. Have you had a full hormone panel checked? Been to a gynae? I had to do both before I was diagnosed with OD...

Yeah, I got thyroid checked. My t4 was low, but my t3 was low but within the range (operating about 20%).
    Nah... Someday your prince will come! It's awesome that you have such great relationships in your life.

I don't know if it's all in my head, but since I've been eating the carrot salad I noticed 2 things- My boobs are bigger! (already mentioned that) And I've had some stomach cramping for the past week, almost like my body is trying to start. I haven't noticed any carrot shreds in the you know what so I'm guessing I'm digesting it! lol But I think that's one of the reasons for a raw carrot. We aren't able to digest the carrot raw so that's how it rids the body of endotoxins and excess estrogen.

I saw a gyno a few months ago. She checked my prolactin to make sure I wasn't in early menopause because I hadn't had a period in so long. My prolactin was 5.1, ranges (4.8-23.3). She said it was fine. I don't really know what the 5.1 means though. Do you know anything about prolactin?

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I don't think I ever replied to your reply to my reply about your love life, so I'll do that now.

Trying not to be creepier than I already always am, but you're a catch, seriously. Just from conversing with you over these past few months, you're intelligent, have a fantastic sense of humor, are beeeaaaautiful, and just seem like a really fun person. And I don't just give out random compliments. If I didn't honestly believe these things, I would have said nothing.

It's funny because change is inevitable, yet somehow we believe we'll always be trapped in our situation. If it takes a while for you to find someone that's right for you, it's because you deserve a great partner and should wait as long as it takes to find that person.

Love and hugs and hugs and love.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I had a stomach virus or food poisoning (not sure which one) about a month ago. It took about 2 weeks for my digestion to get back to normal!
    Thanks for sharing that! I think this must be it. Right after the food poisoning I threw loads of wheat products into my gut, plus a ton of alcohol (I was at a wedding). In my tummy was already in a compromised state, that can't have been helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Nah... Someday your prince will come! It's awesome that you have such great relationships in your life.

I don't know if it's all in my head, but since I've been eating the carrot salad I noticed 2 things- My boobs are bigger! (already mentioned that) And I've had some stomach cramping for the past week, almost like my body is trying to start. I haven't noticed any carrot shreds in the you know what so I'm guessing I'm digesting it! lol But I think that's one of the reasons for a raw carrot. We aren't able to digest the carrot raw so that's how it rids the body of endotoxins and excess estrogen.

I saw a gyno a few months ago. She checked my prolactin to make sure I wasn't in early menopause because I hadn't had a period in so long. My prolactin was 5.1, ranges (4.8-23.3). She said it was fine. I don't really know what the 5.1 means though. Do you know anything about prolactin?
    Ah, I getcha about the carrot salad now. Maybe I should give it another go... It's tasty if nothing else!

I know that prolactin is the mothering hormone, involved in lactation. High amounts can cause loss of libido (mine is high), and can suppress the ovulatory cycle.

Yours is a little on the low side (I know doctors don't look at it like that, but I figure to closer to mid range we are with these things the better). Have you had your TSH checked? Low prolactin can be related to low pituitary function, from what I've read.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I don't think I ever replied to your reply to my reply about your love life, so I'll do that now.

Trying not to be creepier than I already always am, but you're a catch, seriously. Just from conversing with you over these past few months, you're intelligent, have a fantastic sense of humor, are beeeaaaautiful, and just seem like a really fun person. And I don't just give out random compliments. If I didn't honestly believe these things, I would have said nothing.

It's funny because change is inevitable, yet somehow we believe we'll always be trapped in our situation. If it takes a while for you to find someone that's right for you, it's because you deserve a great partner and should wait as long as it takes to find that person.

Love and hugs and hugs and love.
    Thanks sweet heart <3 That means a lot!

Seriously though, I know being single has nothing to do with the "quality" of the person. I know people who are complete bitches / dick heads / not physically attractive and they're in relationships. I think it has more to do with a person's openness, and what they attract. It's an energy thing: a vibe. Which is why it's so bloody frustrating...

Change is inevitable, but then most people keep repeating the same patterns, over and over. I think about that composer Satie, who wrote one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever, and died ALONE!!! He only ever had one relationship, lasting six months. Now that's a cheery thought...

Good musician though.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Thanks sweet heart <3 That means a lot!

Seriously though, I know being single has nothing to do with the "quality" of the person. I know people who are complete bitches / dick heads / not physically attractive and they're in relationships. I think it has more to do with a person's openness, and what they attract. It's an energy thing: a vibe. Which is why it's so bloody frustrating...

Change is inevitable, but then most people keep repeating the same patterns, over and over. I think about that composer Satie, who wrote one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever, and died ALONE!!! He only ever had one relationship, lasting six months. Now that's a cheery thought...
    Of course <3 I mean it.

Yes, but who are these complete bitches / dick heads / not physically attractive (not their fault) people with? But yes, of course it has to do with openness. You can have men falling at your feet, but if you don't let any of them in (figuratively! or literally) then that's not going to do you much good.

That is a beautiful piece. Well, who knows what his issues were.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Yes, but who are these complete bitches / dick heads / not physically attractive (not their fault) people with?
    Actually, often they are with lovely, great catches! Example: an old friend of mine got married yesterday. When I say "friend", I didn't go to the wedding cos' 1) I had another one last weekend, 2) I don't like her. She's one of those women that people say: "SHe's really nice, once you get to know her", meaning "she's a bitch, but I got used to it"! I mean, she's alright, but she married the most amazing, lovely, gorgeous guy.

Don't we see that happening a lot? Lovely girls ending up with jerks, great men ending up with ice queens? Or couples that are totally incompatible: don't have shared interests etc. It's like some people are afraid to be with someone they are really suited to... They are subconsciously drawn to someone who 1) they know won't leave them, 2) they know won't treat them well. Fear of flying?
    That is a beautiful piece. Well, who knows what his issues were.
    Some of these tortured souls actually invite pain and suffering because in some way it inspires them... I think I do that!

- Ray Peat

These boots aren't made for walk in.

Sleep:
    1am - 7am: 6 hours.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Skipped breakfast again. Was actually hungry, but didn't feel like eating anything. No appetite. Then I wasn't hungry again, but once lunch came I felt a compulsion to eat.

7.00am - Coffee w/ milk
    10.00am - Coffee w/ milk
    A few teas with milk, maple syrup and sugar.
    12.45pm - Lunch: Rice (a lot), cooked in broth, with canned wild salmon.
    5.30pm - Dinner: can of wild salmon, 3 or 4 potatoes, olive oil (a lot), desert: 500gs greek yogurt, 200gs blueberries, with maple syrup.

Ate a lot tonight (the Greek yo has a lot of cals) but I figure I haven't been eating much these last few days so I needed a refeed. I've been eating way too much salmon though: I've been craving it, probably cos it's a source of protein that's easy to digest. I find it easier on my stomach than eggs. But still - enough is enough! Time for minced beef and liver.

Cravings:
    The fatty part of the tinned salmon... seriously.! What a random thing to crave.
    Coffee!

Supps:
    Mg-B6 complex x2
    Vit D - Calcium x 2
    Vit C x 2
    Aspirin x 2
    Vit E (topical)
    glucosamine sulphate x 1
    Alfalfa x 2

Energy and mood:
    Blah. Still feeling withdrawn and unsociable. Don't feel like talking to anyone, or hanging out. Did my sprints fasted, and ran ridiculously slowly, for me. Didn't have the energy to run faster.

Saying that: I think this is one of my "energy crashes". But, wow... it's different to before. When I used to crash it would come bundled with insomnia, depression, extreme fatigue, and binging. Then it just became extreme fatigue. Now it seems like my crashes are just being vaguely tired and wanting to be alone. This is huge progress! I kind of can't believe it.

Funny how a person can be so happy about feeling unsociable

Body:
    Digestion: 3 good BMs. This keeps happening lately! Taking it as a good sign. Still getting the runs something, but for the most part my GI health is better than ever.
    Weight loss: This has to be the slowest weight loss of all time. I think I've lost a bit off my waist and hips since two weeks ago, but the bloating makes it hard to tell. Haven't lost anything off my thighs, which is disappointing, considering I'm actually working out now.
    The thing is that I actually look fine everywhere except my stomach and hips. They're disproportionate to the rest of me. I know part of that is the bloating, but what to do?
    Sinus: Nose started running like crazy the second I went outdoors. For the first time in my life I thought to check the pollen count. It was high. I wonder if there's a correlation?
    Lips: have been great for the last few days, then as soon as I ate the yogurt they chapped and peeled! I wonder if that's indicative of how I process yogurt? The skin on your lips is the same as the skin in your gut, so I have a theory that the state of your lips reflects your gut health. Although, saying that, my lips have been fine (quite full) and my gut has been bloated so...
    Thyroid: Felt a pressure in that part of my throat from the early afternoon. Wish I knew what it meant...
    Bloating: Very gassy in the morning. Took that as a good sign, that maybe my body was releasing the bloat... but oo such luck! It got better in the late afternoon, but now it's distended again. I did have a lot of food this evening though, so there's hope yet.

Stress
    Spent the day working on a tough project. I'm not hating it, but it was very draining.

I am hating where I live right now. At the risk of sounding like a cow: I can't stand my alcoholic housemate. I hate being around him. I feel bad for him, but it's gotten to the point where he makes my skin crawl. I'll stay here til October, and then I'll move... again! Hopefully to a different country this time.

Final thoughts:
    I had a relalistaion over the last few days: for all the years I thought I was fat, I was actually just focusing on my stomach, which was distended. I've had this problem for a long time, but never realised it was bloating. Part of the reason I would binge would be in reaction to my weight.

I really want to don't want to go through my life having to eliminate food groups. There's something in my gut I need to heal. If feels like this is the next part of the journey... just not sure what steps to take. Maybe now that I'm not binging it will gradually heal? Hmm.

This is why I love California:
    Seen outside San Diego...

Last edited by YogaBare; 06-01-2013 at 01:00 PM.

- Ray Peat

"We accept the love we think we deserve"

Ate a lot tonight (the Greek yo has a lot of cals)...
    Are you eating full fat Greek yoghurt?

The thing is that I actually look fine everywhere except my stomach and hips. They're disproportionate to the rest of me. I know part of that is the bloating, but what to do?
    I hear ya sister. Skinny arms and legs only makes the bloating more noticeable D:

Lips: have been great for the last few days, then as soon as I ate the yogurt they chapped and peeled! I wonder if that's indicative of how I process yogurt? The skin on your lips is the same as the skin in your gut, so I have a theory that the state of your lips reflects your gut health. Although, saying that, my lips have been fine (quite full) and my gut has been bloated so...
    Interesting, I've never thought about this. I go through periods where my lips are a bit dry but I've never had chapped or very dry lips.

I had a relalistaion over the last few days: for all the years I thought I was fat, I was actually just focusing on my stomach, which was distended. I've had this problem for a long time, but never realised it was bloating. Part of the reason I would binge would be in reaction to my weight.
    Mmm hmm.

You are allowed to be displeased about living with an alcoholic. That's okay. Would this other country you want to move to be the US of A??

And I almost spit when I saw that last pic.

Good musician though.
    What a coincidence about the musician... this song is on an anti-depressant commercial in the here in the US. I think for Cymbalta.