Page 89 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 89

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Welcome to the fold Brookesam! MDA got way more interesting for me once we all got journals up - you'll probably start one soon too.

Sorry to hear that you've been single for a while and aren't always happy about it. How long have you been single for? My love life has been a complete disaster for the last three years. Most of the time I'm fine with being single, but some times it really gets to me, and I just want to have that special someone to share my adventures with. I know it's not always that simple though.
    Thanks!!

I've been single for about 2 and 1/2 years now. I was married for 1 year before that. I've only been on one date since then! It's not because I can't get a date but I think I just make it too hard when a guy shows interest. When it comes down to it, I just don't think I've come across anyone that I'm really that interested in. I know... it would be nice to have someone to share adventures with.

I saw you mention something about getting bigger boobs with the progesterone. Over the course of the last 2 weeks mine have gotten bigger... I was wondering if it's the carrot salads I'm eating. Probably just wishful thinking though. lol

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Thanks!!

I've been single for about 2 and 1/2 years now. I was married for 1 year before that. I've only been on one date since then! It's not because I can't get a date but I think I just make it too hard when a guy shows interest. When it comes down to it, I just don't think I've come across anyone that I'm really that interested in. I know... it would be nice to have someone to share adventures with.

I saw you mention something about getting bigger boobs with the progesterone. Over the course of the last 2 weeks mine have gotten bigger... I was wondering if it's the carrot salads I'm eating. Probably just wishful thinking though. lol
    Wow, well if you were married before then you probably needed some time to recoup. Although saying that, some people are just made for relationships and bounce from one to the next. My default setting seems to be "ALONE". Even though I have loads of friends, more often than not I prefer to be by myself. I also find it really hard to get enthusiastic about meeting new guys as things never go anywhere. It's a vicious cycle, i'm sure.

Are you eating the Ray Peat carrot salad? My bust changes size a few times a month as I retain water there sometimes. Today I seem bigger than usual, but I'm also more bloated than usual, so I doubt it's the progesterone. Sorry, I missed it as well - are you taking prog sups? You have a thyroid condition, right?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Coffee Forfeit Fail

Today I was supposed to give up coffee to see if it would improve my bloating. By 4.00pm I caved

I can't access restriction mode in any capacity right now.

Sleep:
    Spoke too soon about my sleep improvements! Last night I slept from 1.00am - 4.30am, then managed to fall asleep again at 8.00am to 10.15am. Was so tired for the rest of the day (probably not aided by the lack of coffee ) so I took a nap from 1.00pm to 2.00pm. Total: 6 hours, 45 mins.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Spoke too soon about the hunger as well! Woke up hungry at 4.30am, had a cup of raspberry tea with honey. Was hungry for lunch, but not so much for dinner.

7.00am - three fried eggs with turmeric and paprika, tea w/ milk and honey.
    12.30pm - Lunch: rice cooked in broth, can of wild salmon. Tea w/ milk and honey.
    7.00pm - Dinner: 1 Mango, 1 medium pineapple. Tea w/ milk and sugar.

Cravings:
    Nothing.

Doesn't feel like I'm really digesting food: my tummy feels full. Fasting might do me good, but I really don't have the will power right now... I think when I go to Cali I'll be able to restrict a little more cos' I'll be on the go.

Supps:
    2 x Vit C
    2 x Mg-B6
    2 x Asprin
    1 x Vit D.
    Duphaston x 2.

Energy and mood:
    Not great today. Felt really tired, and then started having depressed thoughts. In hindsight, I can see this has been setting in for a few days: I've been tired, un-enthused, and haven't wanted to connect or associate with anyone.

However, I was able to pull myself out! I felt myself descending into negativity, and then started thinking that these thoughts weren't reality: they were just thoughts. In the same way that happy thoughts fuel me, negative thoughts drain me, but neither are real: they are just methods of inducing
    different states. So i disregarded the negative thoughts, and knew that I could feel better if I thought more positively.

Thinking positively is still a challenge though. It's not enough to "think happy thoughts", because it just creates disharmony between your physical and mental energies. You've got to change your energy, and then your thoughts become happy. I'm not sure how to do this; but at least I was able to switch out of the negative energy mode. That's a good start.

Lay on the couch for an hour or so after my afternoon nap, grappling with these thoughts, then my energy came back and I was more productive with the rest of my day.

Saying that, I haven't been very productive lately. Everything I do seems to take me so long. I know this is an energy thing too. I am making improvements here, but perhaps I'd benefit from more concerted effort. Instead of focusing on things like bloating and diet; maybe I could concentrate on how to create more positive energy in my life?

Body:
    Bloat might be a tiny bit better today. I look three months pregnant, as opposed to four
    Digestion: No BM until 5pm. In general everything feels very slow in my gut, which is probably why I'm not experiencing hunger lately.
    My arms are surprising sore from the "pull ups" yesterday.

Research:
    Been reading this: http://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/bod...g%20Energy.pdf

The navel point is thus said by Taoists to be the starting point for the flow of the
    primordial life energy, or “chi”, and remains the point of strongest
    energy storage and circulation in the adult.
    As I've said before: I believe that everything has an energy, and life results from the interactions of energies.

Basically I'm saying: the bloating could be an energy thing. WHOO-WHOO!

*Ducks for cover from the skeptics*.

Yes: now I too can create Gene Wilder memes...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-31-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    My default setting seems to be "alone" as well. I'm ok with it, I just get bored sometimes. A friend on Facebook recently posted a picture that said, "All I want is someone to drink protein shakes with and cuddle." I was thinking, all I want is someone to eat carrot salads with and cuddle.

Yep... The one and only Ray Peat carrot salad! I'm not on any type of progesterone but I'm pretty sure I need to be. I can't get any tests done for a couple of more months to find out for sure. I haven't had a cycle in 2 and a half years! I was on depo provera shots before that as birth control. I'm not really sure what else I should do to increase my progesterone until I can get back to my naturopath. I'm going to be looking into it though.

I'm on a NDT, Natutethroid. It's mostly T3 with some T4. I feel better on it than when I was on T4 only. Didn't you get done thyroid test done recently? Was you free t3 tested?

Zach is offline Banned
    Yo, im counting like 1200 calories tops there. Maybe why your sleep, energy and digestion are suffering?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yo, im counting like 1200 calories tops there. Maybe why your sleep, energy and digestion are suffering?
    I don't know dude... I haven't eaten much the last four days, it's true, but the distention began before that, and since I've had it my appetite has been zapped (though I think it's closer to 1,500... eating a lot of rice). I ate a load of cake and other wheatenous products over the weekend, so it could be that... OR it could be since having the food poisoning. I haven't been quite right since then I think...

I'm starting to get a bit concerned: I don't remember being this big for this long before.

Notice the difference between my belly and my arm!!!

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Hmm, i keep thinking you girls are imagining all this bloat but yea, thats odd.

When are you starting the progesterone?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Hmm, i keep thinking you girls are imagining all this bloat but yea, thats odd.

When are you starting the progesterone?
    Ha, I wish! I actually realised that my "body dysmorphia" wasn't body dysmorphia... my tummy was distended, but I just thought it was fat.

Started the prog yesterday...

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    My default setting seems to be "alone" as well. I'm ok with it, I just get bored sometimes. A friend on Facebook recently posted a picture that said, "All I want is someone to drink protein shakes with and cuddle." I was thinking, all I want is someone to eat carrot salads with and cuddle.

Yep... The one and only Ray Peat carrot salad! I'm not on any type of progesterone but I'm pretty sure I need to be. I can't get any tests done for a couple of more months to find out for sure. I haven't had a cycle in 2 and a half years! I was on depo provera shots before that as birth control. I'm not really sure what else I should do to increase my progesterone until I can get back to my naturopath. I'm going to be looking into it though.

I'm on a NDT, Natutethroid. It's mostly T3 with some T4. I feel better on it than when I was on T4 only. Didn't you get done thyroid test done recently? Was you free t3 tested?
    I'm okay with being alone as well - I like it, and I have tons of friends and a good relationship with my family, so I'm never lonely. But I miss the intimacy of a relationship, and I get frustrated that I seem to have no control over this aspect of my life. Stuck in groundhog day, repeating the same situation (being alone) over and over and over. I think that's the worst part: I've loved a lot of my time being single, but I worry that it's never going to end, and I'll always be unfulfilled in this aspect of my life...

Ah, so you're another Ray Peat fan - double welcome Actually, what do you think of the carrot salad? I honestly don't notice anything when I eat it... in fact some usually passes through undigested (sorry tmi ) so I have doubts that it benefits me at all.

That's crazy shit about your cycle... wow. Hashi's is a weird illness and it can affect people in so many ways. Have you had a full hormone panel checked? Been to a gynae? I had to do both before I was diagnosed with OD...

Yeah, I got thyroid checked. My t4 was low, but my t3 was low but within the range (operating about 20%).

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoyo
    ...wheatenous...
    *gigglesnort* Why do I find that inappropriately hilarious?

Could have some to do with your uber distention.

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    Hmm, i keep thinking you girls are imagining all this bloat but yea, thats odd
    Tell that to every gastro I've ever met.