Page 88 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 88

diene is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Me and the scientist = no comprendez. I'm too much of a free spirit: if a guy is too rigid in his beliefs / self image there's nothing for me to bounce off. I don't know what the most important qualities for me would be... I had a list at one stage, then I gave up
    Yeah, I think in the end it all comes down to something inarticulable (yeah, that's not a word). A vibe, for me, anyway.

I'm basically a libertarian too btw! Well, I like it in theory, but it requires a lot of ground work before it could be implemented.
    Yay!

If people think you're scary then you're probably hot
    Nope, just scary. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    And here I was aspiring to become a scientist just to pick up women...
    Yeah, not sure if kind of women you'd pick up would necessarily be the kind you'd really want to pick up? You'd mostly only be able to pick up other scientists or former scientists or people with scientist envy.

You'd be better off lifting heavy - haven't you heard?
    Did you read that thread too? It pretty much blew up, like blech.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Just emailed Ray Peat about it. He showed me his new physique. Looks like you can do both. Time to squatz.

Last I heard, Ray Peat was actually Superman...

The squat thrusts are just part of his cover

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Did you read that thread too? It pretty much blew up, like blech.
    Me and Derp were joking about it last night: I told him to call Rich on little man envy
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Yeah, not sure if kind of women you'd pick up would necessarily be the kind you'd really want to pick up? You'd mostly only be able to pick up other scientists or former scientists or people with scientist envy.
    I appreciate all women capable of maintaining a conversation and who are multi-faceted, or are even just open to listening to my psychotic babbling and self-destructive tendencies. I consider myself multi-faceted though, with a fascination for many things and an admiration for beauty and art.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Last I heard, Ray Peat was actually Superman...

The squat thrusts are just part of his cover
    Kryptonite is PUFA?
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

I appreciate all women capable of maintaining a conversation and who are multi-faceted, or are even just open to listening to my psychotic babbling and self-destructive tendencies. I consider myself multi-faceted though, with a fascination for many things and an admiration for beauty and art.
    Sounds like a copy and paste from an internet dating profile to me...

Oh: and I googled "Ray Peat Superman"...

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Sounds like a copy and paste from an internet dating profile to me...
    It was, from mine. Swooning yet?

Fucking Matt Stone!

It was, from mine. Swooning yet?

be still, my beating heart...

- Ray Peat

yea I'm a stud

yea I'm a stud
    Good thing you don't lift! it wouldn't be fair on the others...

- Ray Peat

PrimalCon New York
    Seasons come and go

Sleep:
    1am - 5.30am; 6.00am - 9am: 7.5 hours. Realised that on average I'm probably getting 7 hours these days - whoop!

I wonder how much this is affecting my overall mood and happiness? I mean, I really feel good these days. It's like all the things that were wrong with me are one-by-one being knocked back into place. First I stopped binging, then my sleep improved, then my hair started looking great, then my mood got better, and now my energy is rising. Just waiting for the bloat to disappear, the fat to fall off, and the wrinkles to vanish

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Wasn't massively hungry today either. Haven't had breakfast in four days... very unusual for me. I think it's because I've been sleeping late: I usually eat between 5.30 and 7, so I've been sleeping through the breakfast hour, and then I don't get hungry again til lunch time. Guess it's to do with gherhln? Saying that, I haven't been very hungry in the evenings though either. I'm blaming the bloat.

9.30am - Half a Coffee w/ coconut milk.
    10.15am - Coffee w/ milk.
    12.45pm - Lunch: rice cooked in broth, can of wild salmon, half a courgette. Tea w/ coconut milk and sugar.
    7.00pm - Dinner: Mango and passionfruit smoothie. Broth, a few spoons of rice, can of wild salmon. Tea w/ milk and sugar.

Cravings:
    Dark chocolate (in the afternoon). And now a craving, but I really want to eat fatty fish. Maybe my digestive tract is inflamed? (it looks it).

Supps:
    2 x Vit C
    2 x Mg-B6
    2 x Asprin
    Began Duphaston. Bigger boobies, here I come!

Energy and mood:
    Feel great and positive.

Body:
    Water retention: Bloating is still terrible. I know, I know: I could have just eaten broth and eggs today, but I was meeting a friend for morning coffee and... I didn't have dairy for two days and it hasn't helped. I honestly don't think milk effects me. I hate to say it, but coffee might be a problem. Sigh. From tomorrow, I'll try going without it for a week, and see what happens...
    Saying all this, it could be hormonal, or it could be from all the wheat I consumed over the weekend.
    Digestion: 3 BMs. This has been happening a lot lately...
    Sinuses went crazy earlier.

Research:
    What is with all the Gene Wilder Memes?! A distinct inability to be funny appears to be the only requisite in creating them...

Even the parody is embarrassing.

The end.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-31-2013 at 12:01 PM.

- Ray Peat