Page 87 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 87

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I loved that part in bold, especially. And I think a lot of people display more confidence than they actually feel. You will have to keep us updated on any progressions (or keep us updated even if there are none). We are now invested in the story!
    I know - that part is really true. Which is why it's so important to monitor negative thoughts. Worrying is praying for what you don't want.

But when it comes to my love life my neurosis goes to a new level. I constantly worry, second guess myself, and am totally negative. And I believe those vibrations carry across the air waves to whoever we're worrying about. Sooo, needless to say, I don't have much faith that I'll even hear from this dude, but I'm trying to push negative thoughts out of my head and stay centred in loving myself. I did a nice mediation earlier actually: it helps.

Also, this is to share your experience and in no way to toot my own horn but I get asked out quite a bit and it is never by anyone I find attractive, ha! I have a good number of friends who I do find attractive, but they aren't interested in me. I wonder if it's a "...what you can't have" issue? Or the universe just hates us
    I knooo-ooow. Exact same experience! I was dating a really sexy guy last November, but we had nothing in common (he was a scientist... snore) so that didn't really count as attraction in my book. Then the men that I'm interested in are invariably just out of relationships and not interested in getting involved. I don't know why it happens ilke that. Maybe the theory above applies?
    Dairy could be a culprit, but have you entertained doing a FODMAP elimination? I know it would involve restricting but I have been able to identify a lot of things that are very bad for my digestion...
    I might do it. I don't feel so withered from diet anymore, so I think I could probably restrict safely. It wouldn't be possible for a few weeks though.

Well you can cross "becoming a clairvoyant" off your list because I did not hate it at all! I'm actually on my fourth listen now
    Glad you like it! Then my subcsconsious was right, but my neurotic worrying voice got in the way Actually I am a bit psychic. I had a dream that Derp was growing his hair before (and he was)! Just as a minute example.

Wow. I dream about people on MDA. This is sad.

Lolz.

If you can't stand the bloat, take a day to just eat bone broth, eggs, and gelatin (or something like that). Seriously, no coffee, no coconut milk, no veg, no fruit. At least you'll deflate enough to become comfortable.
    You're right - I'll do that tomorrow. I have bone broth.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-29-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Out with the New

You know what? I miss the old format
    Lolz.

If you can't stand the bloat, take a day to just eat bone broth, eggs, and gelatin (or something like that). Seriously, no coffee, no coconut milk, no veg, no fruit. At least you'll deflate enough to become comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Whoaa, so much change going on in here, didn't know you were renovating! I love that you're focusing on other things now. I know this is. A health forum, and that mostly we talk about diet and exercise, but really, in order to be healthy you need to have good things going on everywhere. I'm so excited that someone asked you out, especially someone you find attractive! It's always flattering to get attention from someone you fancy I usually get complimented by old men in the grocery store, lol!

About the bloat... Have you ever seen something called simethicone? It's the active ingredient in things like Gas-x and Bean-o, but if you just get the generic OTC version, it has the least amount of additives in it. I was asking Zach a little bit ago if there were adverse effects of using the simethicone here and there, and he said he saw no issue with having it on hand. It works pretty well for me, I just take the recommended dosage (from experience, don't take more...lol) and then be "alone" for about half an hour. And everything that's bloating you will certainly make its way out. I've also heard of charcoal tablets helping some people out, but last time I tried those (a few years ago) they didn't seem to do anything for me except make me feel kinda sloshy.
    Aw, thanks! I'm glad you guys are interested in the gossip column And you're right - it was a nice boost.

That drug sounds... scary?! Is it available over the counter in US? (Do you have problems with bloating?)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I know - that part is really true. Which is why it's so important to monitor negative thoughts. Worrying is praying for what you don't want.

But when it comes to my love life my neurosis goes to a new level. I constantly worry, second guess myself, and am totally negative. And I believe those vibrations carry across the air waves to whoever we're worrying about. Sooo, needless to say, I don't have much faith that I'll even hear from this dude, but I'm trying to push negative thoughts out of my head and stay centred in loving myself. I did a nice mediation earlier actually: it helps.

I knooo-ooow. Exact same experience! I was dating a really sexy guy last November, but we had nothing in common (he was a scientist... snore) so that didn't really count as attraction in my book. Then the men that I'm interested in are invariably just out of relationships and not interested in getting involved. I don't know why it happens ilke that. Maybe the theory above applies?
    I know I seem sooooooooo confident and put together (ROFL) but I am pretty neurotic. If we're being brutally honest here, my superficial persona is very charming, confident, and somewhat seductive. My worry is that someone who is attracted to this side of me will not be attracted to the fact that I'm really a giant goofball.

I might do it. I don't feel so withered from diet anymore, so I think I could probably restrict safely. It wouldn't be possible for a few weeks though.
    It's really not that difficult, especially if you're prepping your own meals.

Glad you like it! Then my subcsconsious was right, but my neurotic worrying voice got in the way Actually I am a bit psychic. I had a dream that Derp was growing his hair before (and he was)! Just as a minute example.

Wow. I dream about people on MDA. This is sad.
    Go with your instincts, man! I'm glad to have made it into your dreams, baby

You're right - I'll do that tomorrow. I have bone broth.
    I think you will feel a lot better.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member

Love life.

Yesterday at my yoga studio, I got asked out by a really attractive* guy. He goes to the other Tuesday lunch class, and I'd spotted him a few times. Yesterday he was hanging around late while I was locking up the studio; we got chatting and at the end he asked for my number.

*When I say "attractive" I don't mean just physically pleasing: I mean that feeling when you meet someone and a light goes off in your head cos' you recognise something in them. And you think they're hot

I haven't been asked out by someone I found attractive in... I can't even remember.

I believe life is an expression of our mental states: what we think, is what we experience.

Reading reality like this, I find it encouraging that I encountered someone attractive. Maybe it's an indication that I'm finally becoming more open.

Saying that, my reaction was typical "me". I'm so confident on the surface, but when I'm thrown into a situation I can't control, that all goes out the window. Paranoid neurosis - peekaboo!!! Thoughts going through my head as we were chatting: "I've got to get out of here - he's not going to be interested in me - nothing will ever work out - how should I behave?" Talk about being a chilled-out yoga teacher.!

I'm never quite sure how open to behave with people I'm interested in. Being Irish, most of my relationships began with a bottle of whiskey. Unless I'm oscillated I tend to act cold. I'm scared of getting hurt or rejected, so I put up a wall.

Anyway, I didn't do that yesterday, but it was hard. I was open, but not super encouraging for him to contact me. I'm negative about relationships to the point where I don't believe that anyone I'm interested in is going to like me unless I play games. So it keeps me from being excited about anything, cos' I just imagine that it's all going end badly. And it makes me hold back.

I'm starting my course of Progesterone tomorrow. It's a drug called Duphaston. Reviews seem generally positive: no weight gain, improved cycle, better skin, and some people even get bigger breasts Though saying that, it's been "discontinued" in the UK, and "Banned" in Canada..! Will be worth monitoring carefully I guess.
    I can relate to you Yogabare. I just turned 32 and I've been single for a while now. I'm excited for you!

If Duphaston has been discontinued and banned then it probably works really well! haha At least that's how things usually work in the states.

I'm kinda new to the Journals section of MDA. I'll be glad to read some updates. Best wishes to you!

diene is offline Senior Member
    I was dating a really sexy guy last November, but we had nothing in common (he was a scientist... snore) so that didn't really count as attraction in my book. Then the men that I'm interested in are invariably just out of relationships and not interested in getting involved. I don't know why it happens ilke that. Maybe the theory above applies?
    Aw, I <3 scientists, especially sexy ones. Sexy and smart, what more can a girl ask for? Well, for me, I guess, to be serious, they also have to be libertarian, which drastically reduces the size of the datable pool of men for me.

I rarely get asked out by complete strangers. I'm told that I give off a very stand-offish air and that I'm "scary." Seriously, friends have told me that when they first met me, they thought I was scary. WTF?! I'm not scary at all, just mean. (j/k)

I know I seem sooooooooo confident and put together (ROFL) but I am pretty neurotic. If we're being brutally honest here, my superficial persona is very charming, confident, and somewhat seductive. My worry is that someone who is attracted to this side of me will not be attracted to the fact that I'm really a giant goofball.
    Well, I think it's great to admit that we have these neurosis. Where better but here, in plain site? (Honestly, I use this journal as catharsis: I air all the stuff I'm most ashamed of, and weirdly it seems to exorcize it from my life).

That's funny - I used to project something similar: kind of around the age of 26-28. Cue lots of short term, intensely sexual relationships. Then I tried the "I'm very confident and I've got it all sussed" approach. Fail.

Now I'm just trying to be myself, which is definitely the hardest approach I've tried (as detailed by my earlier entry). Once I get to know people I'm quite sassy, but with a cute stranger I feel shy, which I usually mask with a kind of mocking confidence (not optimal, I'm guessing). Do you then try to act how you are with other people, or just go with how you're feeling? (I know that's an impossible question to answer but just teasing it out).

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I can relate to you Yogabare. I just turned 32 and I've been single for a while now. I'm excited for you!

If Duphaston has been discontinued and banned then it probably works really well! haha At least that's how things usually work in the states.

I'm kinda new to the Journals section of MDA. I'll be glad to read some updates. Best wishes to you!
    Welcome to the fold Brookesam! MDA got way more interesting for me once we all got journals up - you'll probably start one soon too.

Sorry to hear that you've been single for a while and aren't always happy about it. How long have you been single for? My love life has been a complete disaster for the last three years. Most of the time I'm fine with being single, but some times it really gets to me, and I just want to have that special someone to share my adventures with. I know it's not always that simple though.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Haha, it does sound all serious and scientific. But, yeah, it's an OTC pill in the US, the same as Gas-X, I'm sure Pepto has some of it thrown in there, etc. I do have problems with bloating, but I've got quite a few tricks up my sleeve that work for me, personally. My bloating has greatly reduced since I don't really eat as many grains/wheat/gluten as I used to, have cut WAY back on artificial sweeteners, stopped taking so many digestive aids & fiber pills, and have expanded my stomach capacity a bit (gotten rid of anorexia-induced gastropareisis). I sort of always feel bloated/fat, but sometimes it's purely psychological, and when I look in the mirror, my belly will be much flatter than I was expecting it to be. My mind is strange ...
    Body dysmorphia

Though there's nothing dysmorphic about my perception of my belly... I literally look pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Aw, I <3 scientists, especially sexy ones. Sexy and smart, what more can a girl ask for? Well, for me, I guess, to be serious, they also have to be libertarian, which drastically reduces the size of the datable pool of men for me.

I rarely get asked out by complete strangers. I'm told that I give off a very stand-offish air and that I'm "scary." Seriously, friends have told me that when they first met me, they thought I was scary. WTF?! I'm not scary at all, just mean. (j/k)
    Me and the scientist = no comprendez. I'm too much of a free spirit: if a guy is too rigid in his beliefs / self image there's nothing for me to bounce off. I don't know what the most important qualities for me would be... I had a list at one stage, then I gave up

I'm basically a libertarian too btw! Well, I like it in theory, but it requires a lot of ground work before it could be implemented.

If people think you're scary then you're probably hot

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    And here I was aspiring to become a scientist just to pick up women...
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    And here I was aspiring to become a scientist just to pick up women...
    You'd be better off lifting heavy - haven't you heard?

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    You'd be better off lifting heavy - haven't you heard?
    Just emailed Ray Peat about it. He showed me his new physique. Looks like you can do both. Time to squatz.

Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant