Page 84 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 84

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sorry to hear about the stomach upset.

I had heartburn a while back, which is extremely rare for me. Anyway, we had Mexican Coke in small glass bottles (I wouldn't touch our corn syrup stuff) and I drank almost the entire bottle at once. Not only it was delicious, it made me feel much better almost immediately.
    Was it Zach or Derp who was drinking it regularly? IDK.

I like my white taters. I have them almost every day. I was VLC and then LC for a while. Since I added them I've never had binging episode, ever. So they have improved my quality of life greatly and being so inexpensive, it is a win-win thing.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Whoa, that sucks! I hate waking up in the middle of the night to puke. I once had a similar experience where I was violently sick for about six hours. It was during the day though, and I was in law school and had a study group that day. I made the mistake of going to the study group and tried to study in between bouts of vomiting. Based on the time frame, it's probably caused by Staphylococcus aureus. Food poisoning: Causes - MayoClinic.com

Edited to add: I don't think it was caused by potato overload or else otzi would be constantly sick. Oh, and I don't think you ate 3,000 cal that day, unless you had a ton of coconut milk? Potatoes are pretty low cal for how much space they take up. I think it's probably digestion. All the food you ate were pretty easily digestible, except the lamb, and you only had a small piece of that.

And soda totally helps when you feel sick, whether it's sick from food poisoning or from being hung over. My favorite is actually root beer.

And yay to not eating the whole tub of ice cream! I've been eating ice cream a lot lately, and every time I feel guilty, I just blame it on Zach.

Hmmm, your post made me crave bananas cooked in coconut milk. I've never had that before, but it sounds good.
    Woah - you went to Uni with food poisoning?! You're a soldier!

Out of interest, I inputted what I ate into Fitday, and you're right: even with all the generous fat I added, it still only came to 2,838 cals.

Bananas in coconut milk is a little tip I picked up in Thailand, but never really made use of til I got over my banana phobia... For years I thought they made people fat, so I'd only eat them if I was skipping meals. In fact, I mostly used to eat bananas on heavy drug weekends, when food is mostly impossible but you need to eat.! Thankfully that's yet another food phobia laid to rest... now I eat them all the time... (a few days ago I decided they were the cause of my bloat and I tried to give them up. I lasted a day..!)

Anyway, I recommend the banana dish. Particularly good with coconut ice cream!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Root beer floats for president!

For awhile there i was buying a lot of organic coke and root beer. Just cane sugar, caramel coloring and some minor ingredients. Might have to start that back up, im not a bug fan of drinking lots of liquids so i was never that into pop.

YB, definitely food poisoning. It can take up to 48 hours to develop. Im surprised your wernt shooting out of both ends (unless you just left that part out ) cause the longer it takes, the worse it usually is. Did all those potatoes have skins?

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Did all those potatoes have skins?
    Oh yeah, crappy Russet potato skins sometimes make me feel sick. The organic kind doesn't, but the crappy, really cheap stuff from the supermarket does. But I've never actually puked from eating it. I'd just feel sick for an hour or two. Totally forgot about that.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea if they were starting to sprout and had skins, that can make you really sick. Still it probably was the fish.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Sorry to hear about the stomach upset.

I had heartburn a while back, which is extremely rare for me. Anyway, we had Mexican Coke in small glass bottles (I wouldn't touch our corn syrup stuff) and I drank almost the entire bottle at once. Not only it was delicious, it made me feel much better almost immediately.
    Was it Zach or Derp who was drinking it regularly? IDK.

I like my white taters. I have them almost every day. I was VLC and then LC for a while. Since I added them I've never had binging episode, ever. So they have improved my quality of life greatly and being so inexpensive, it is a win-win thing.
    Luckily in the UK the Coke hasn't been infected with HFCS yet, so I had the real deal yest I think it's Derp who drinks it regularly, but both he and Zach advocate a high sugar diet.

That's amazing news on being binge-free! I read so many accounts of people developing binging problems when they go low carb... Did you have a binging tendency before? You know, all my ED problems started when I turned 18 and started modelling. I was naturally skinny, but decided that being vegetarian would help me drop more weight. Queue binging.

Forever I blamed the modelling, or various emotional issues that I had, but now I'm sure it was the restriction of an entire food group. When I went low carb the binging was the worst it's ever been, which leads me to believe that carbs are a more important macro nutrient for me that protein.

Root beer floats for president!

For awhile there i was buying a lot of organic coke and root beer. Just cane sugar, caramel coloring and some minor ingredients. Might have to start that back up, im not a bug fan of drinking lots of liquids so i was never that into pop.

YB, definitely food poisoning. It can take up to 48 hours to develop. Im surprised your wernt shooting out of both ends (unless you just left that part out ) cause the longer it takes, the worse it usually is. Did all those potatoes have skins?
    Yea if they were starting to sprout and had skins, that can make you really sick. Still it probably was the fish.
    Did you notice any health improvements when you were drinking the soda? Tbh I've never really been a big soda drinker, but I imagine that it suppresses the appetite a bit. (I know Lustig offers opposing evidence in his video, but I don't take that seriously, and anyway he was talking about HFCS, not sugar).

Umm. Yes, I left out that bit of info, lol Though the vomiting was the worst part by far. And - uh-oh. The white potatoes had started to sprout a bit...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea dont eat sprouted taters. And haha, yea its usually going to be both if its been over 24 hours.

No, i like sugar so its fun to have a pop for breakfast once in awhile but no real benefits. I dont really do cane sugar much at all. I prefer coffee with maple syrup.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I drink coke on the regular, much better than coffee on a hot day, and the carbonation is very good.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

diene is offline Senior Member
    You guys! Now I'm torn between having bananas in coconut milk and having root beer float tonight!!! In either case, there will be rum involved.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Here is what I do:

Rum, coke, vanilla ice cream, chocolate chips, and maple syrup/honey. Maybe some gelatin if I want to make things gooey. It's spicy and way better than root beer floats. Coke trumps root beer every time.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant