Page 82 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 82

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YB
    Ombat was right
    While I hesitate to disagree with this statement, you can't really know for sure if it is the bananas that are bloating you until you remove them for your diet, see your symptoms diminish, add them back in, and see your symptoms return. Certain foods can affect your digestion for meals to come, which is why you might feel like eggs bloat you sometimes. It is probably not the eggs, but something that irritated you the day before and now anything you put in your belly is going to cause bloating.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    bananas are more "bulkers"

I don't see what a really ripe banana could do to cause someone to bloat. It's all sugar. Doesn't make sense to me, then again, little does.

i guess, cultivation methods of the banana cause allergens in a lot of people in a stressed state.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    bananas are more "bulkers"

I don't see what a really ripe banana could do to cause someone to bloat. It's all sugar. Doesn't make sense to me, then again, little does.

i guess, cultivation methods of the banana cause allergens in a lot of people in a stressed state.
    Its the fear in those bananas that cause the bloating. Only buy free range bananas!

diene is offline Senior Member
    g proteins are involved in signaling types of stimuli outside a cell to the inside of the cell. there are two types. the ones in the cell are coupled receptors, ie; 5-HT(serotonin)

and thus the relation. LSD has various unbalancing effects on g proteins.
    LSD is an agonist to one of the 5-HT receptor subtypes--either 1C or 2C, I think. Can't remember exactly, old age, going senile. And serotonin receptors are all G-protein coupled, right? I used to know this stuff. Freaking getting old.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    g proteins are involved in signaling types of stimuli outside a cell to the inside of the cell. there are two types. the ones in the cell are coupled receptors, ie; 5-HT(serotonin)

and thus the relation. LSD has various unbalancing effects on g proteins.

oh, as for blood sugar, low blood sugar through metabolic derangement or poor diet lead to increased serotonin through various steps of stress response.
    Only thing I can take away from this conversation is that serotonin is bad and I need to take more acid...

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    While I hesitate to disagree with this statement, you can't really know for sure if it is the bananas that are bloating you until you remove them for your diet, see your symptoms diminish, add them back in, and see your symptoms return. Certain foods can affect your digestion for meals to come, which is why you might feel like eggs bloat you sometimes. It is probably not the eggs, but something that irritated you the day before and now anything you put in your belly is going to cause bloating.
    That's a good point. Well, I've eliminated the na-nas for all of one day: we'll see what happens tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Its the fear in those bananas that cause the bloating. Only buy free range bananas!
    You're a banana!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

FTF
    Entry Twenty One

Sleep:
    2.20am - 6.30am: 4 hours... way too short
    Stayed up too late last night watching the new episode of GOT, and waffling on MDA. This is a pattern on MOnday nights - I'm I'm too energised after going to yoga!

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Was absolutely ravenous from the moment I got up. Ate a whole pineapple and a big chunk of lamb for breakfast, and put away a lot of food for the rest of the day. I guess it was a 'refeed' day. I think the last one was prob a week ago... I always eat more when I'm tired too. I was briefly afraid it was going to turn into a binge, but it seems I get a very clear "full" signal now that I don't want to go beyond.

7.30am - Breakfast: Whole pineapple, chunk of lamb
    10.00am - Snack: piece of toffee, a few dates
    2.30pm - Lunch: Sushi tray (approx 3 cali rolls, 3 maki pieces, maybe 4-5 other pieces)
    4.30pm - Dinner: Grated carrots, 300 mls coconut milk, shrimp, mussles, calamari.
    6.00pm - Snack: half pack of dates, half packet of toffees.
    8pm - glass of red wine.

Fluids:
    1.5 litres coconut water (can w/added sugar), 1 litre coconut water (carton/ no sugar), 3 coffees, tea w/ milk and sugar.

Cravings:
    Sushi! Though it wasn't a craving... more like a desperate urge. Maybe I needed some starch. Sugar craving in the evening, satiated by the dates and half a pack of toffee. Toffee wasn't the ideal thing to eat as it had veg oil and loads of other crap in it, but oh well.

Supps:
    Mg-B6 complex x2
    Zinc x 2
    Vit D x 2
    Vit C x 2
    Aspirin x 2
    glucosamine sulphate x 2

Energy and mood:
    Pretty damn tired I have to say. I could barely finish my workout earlier. Again, feeling demotivated. I wonder if I'm doing too much exercise and I'm not used to it... I don't feel like I'm about to crash, but I do feel spent.

Body:
    Was in a meeting earlier, and started getting a pain in my heart, and palpitations. I hardly ever gets palps. There was a stage when I was low carb where I was getting these heart pains though... I think today I was dehydrated.
    Water retention: No bloating for most of the day. Bloated after my 4.30 meal, so this could have been the coconut, the carrots (?!), the shellfish, or the volume of food.
    Sinus: Usual.
    Skin: Good! THe topical fit B3 is working really well - thanks for the tip, Derp!
    Rosacea: Bit after exercise.
    Lips: Good.
    Digestion: Healthy.
    Temperature: Got really cold earlier.

Stress:
    Felt really stressed earlier when I was trying to work. Part of it is the nature of the project, part of it is tiredness I think.

Random:
    THis is really weird, but it's happened a few times so I figure I'll mention it: people keep telling me that my eyes have changed colour. EVen my mum said it to me. It's really strange. I do notice it: they've always been quite green, with a little bit of brown, but now the green is paler, and the brown is starting to look yellow! I have two theories: I'm getting old (pigment gets lighter with age, according to my mum), 2) the theory Derp's vegan wife postulated, about the toxins being reflected in the eyes.

I'm gonna try and find an old pic of my eyes to compare them to now.

And, for no apparent reason:

Last edited by YogaBare; 05-21-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Let us so those eyes!

Also i think you are probably pushing yourself too hard. Make sure to keep your workouts relaxed and dont try to rush. Also dont get discouraged if you cant train, remember you are doing a lot more exercises then a few weeks ago.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    LSD is an agonist to one of the 5-HT receptor subtypes--either 1C or 2C, I think. Can't remember exactly, old age, going senile. And serotonin receptors are all G-protein coupled, right? I used to know this stuff. Freaking getting old.
    5HT2A, and it also inhibits mGluR2 via a coupling and blocks the uptake of serotonin.

And, yes.

Glad it's working Yoga!
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ombat is offline Senior Member
    If our eyes are the same color now too, I'm gonna flip a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Let us so those eyes!

Also i think you are probably pushing yourself too hard. Make sure to keep your workouts relaxed and dont try to rush. Also dont get discouraged if you cant train, remember you are doing a lot more exercises then a few weeks ago.
    Cheers dude... I intended on taking it easier today, but then I wanted to work out, lol (I meant I was demotivated about my job.)

The bottom one is from six years ago... the top one is from yesterday. I see a difference! Looks like the brown is receding...

- Ray Peat