Page 81 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 81

Zach is offline Banned
    Get some sun, the both of yous!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I'm so giddy right now it's stupid.

We will have too many things to do!! How will we choose? We can compare distention while we hike to a nice spot to have our maple syrup picnic.
    Remember I also have to find a husband while I'm there. Picnics, bellies, and unsuspecting males. It's going to be a busy three days...

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Get some sun, the both of yous!
    How pale are you Ombat? Maybe that's another thing we can compete over...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    If that is an avocado in her belly, then I feel her pain.

Zach, I'm already working on it! I'm trying not to be able to kick anyones ass in a pale contest.

Um, SF might not be the place to look for heterosexual males.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Nope, have not read the book. Liked the movie as a kid though.

Dunno if you follow Ido on facebook but heres his recent video... What i wouldnt give to intern in Thailand, talk about paradise.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vs841TMp1VE
    You have to read it man - you'd love it. Here's a review I wrote:
    Anyone who grew up in the 80's surely saw at least one of the films from the series "The Neverending Story", but it was only last year that I discovered it was originally a novel by German author Michael Ende. I just finished reading it, and it blew me away.

This "children's" book is an amazing work of imagination and adventure with a beautiful, profound theme. Ende was clearly a very smart guy, and he draws on Anthroposophical concepts to create an escapist tale that simultaneously offers the reader a mirror to their own life. As Bastian, the protagonist, changes, the reader changes.

(Anthroposophy is a philosophy that hypothesizes that an intellectually comprehensible world exists inside us, and that this is world can be experienced objectively if a person develops themselves internally).

The films pale significantly in comparison. Ende hated the 1984 Hollywood production of his work, which covers only the first half of the novel. Ende requested they halt production or change the movie's name; when they did neither, he sued them and subsequently lost the case. After this came "The NeverEnding Story II" (1990), "The NeverEnding Story III" (1994). Ende died in 1995, of stomach cancer. I wonder if the 1995 animated series, the 2000 live-action series, or the 2001 video game would have appealed to him any more?

Perhaps the prominence of the films accounts for why the book doesn't have more of a cult following in the English-speaking world. Rectify this wrong and read this amazing book!!
    Didn't see that video - Thailand is amazing though. SO beautiful.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

If that is an avocado in her belly, then I feel her pain.

Zach, I'm already working on it! I'm trying not to be able to kick anyones ass in a pale contest.

Um, SF might not be the place to look for heterosexual males.
    It could be a glass of milk as far as I'm concerned

Ha, my skin hasn't seen sunlight in more than a year. And I'm Irish. I think you'll be okay

Who said anything about heterosexual...?

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Ohhh, a husband and shopping buddy all rolled up into one! How efficient.
    Last edited by ombat; 05-20-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

diene is offline Senior Member
    Dude. I'm going to be visiting a friend in SF from Jun 20-23. We are going to happen.
    Oh man!!! I'm so jealous! Sucks that I haven't moved back there yet.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    If you want to skype this week, I can do wed morning (here) or wednesday evening (here) -- 8 pm should be ok if you want to do the evening.

FTF
    Entry Twenty: Ombat was right

Sleep:
    12.20am - 6.30am: Approx 6 hours.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Didn't feel hungry as such today, but then had a frantic feeling at 4.30 that I needed protein.

7.00am - Breakfast: banana, 2 fried eggs.
    2.30pm - Lunch: 1 lb cherries, 2 bananas
    4.30pm - Snack / Dinner: Large piece of lamb
    9.30pm - Snack: 2 squares dark choc
    12am - bedtime bevvie: decaf tea w/ milk, honey and gelatine.

Fluids:
    2 litres coconut water, 4 coffees with milk (1 with gelatine, cinnamon + honey), tea w/ milk and sugar, raspberry tea, decaf tea w/ milk, honey and gelatine.

Cravings:
    I am worshipping fruit right now. Meat (at 4.30pm).

Supps:
    Mg-B6 complex x2
    Zinc x 2
    Vit D x 2
    Vit C x 2
    Aspirin x 2
    Vit E (topical)
    glucosamine sulphate x 2

Energy and mood:
    I felt tired, but had energy at the same time. Mood-wise, felt content, but very demotivated and didn't want to work.

Body:
    Water retention: Okay, I'm getting sick of the bloating. My stomach was normal when I woke up this morning, but after breakfast it was out again. I'm wondering if Ombat was right and it might be the bananas? Although saying that, even if I just eat eggs I get bloated sometimes. I'm not really sure what to try. I don't really remember it ever being so bad, or else I just haven't monitored it so closely before...
    It got really bad again after lunch and I became really gassy. Going to skip the bananas tomorrow and see if it makes any difference. SIGH!
    Sinus: Usual.
    Skin: Good!
    Rosacea: Flushed after exercise.
    Lips: Peeled.
    Digestion: Very healthy.
    Temperature: Fine.

Stress or lack thereof:
    Pretty chilled all day. Went for acupuncture and massage, and felt great afterwards. Had an amazing yoga class and hung out with the lovely people afterwards. Only bad part of the day was that I felt fat and out of shape in the yoga class It's a small group, and two of the other girls are in amazing shape. I felt so flabby, inflexible and uncoordinated next to them (the last two are definitely not true).

But, the best part of the day also came in the yoga class. At the end we did "Angel whispers" which is basically you create a tunnel and someone walks through, and as they do you whisper what you think of them into their ear. I got so nervous before I walked through cos' i was afraid of what I was going to hear... it's pretty unnerving to be faced with the prospect of knowing what the best thing people see in you is. What if it's really lame?! But I was so pleased and touched... I got "Beautiful smile", "happy and beautiful", "such a good person", "lively and beautiful", and "absolutely amazing" (from a guy I fancy )

A nice end to the day

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

What's the correlation between serotonin and the g-proteins? And does blood sugar impact serotonin (I remember Peat said there's a link tween BS and dreaming).

Man, my memory is absolute rubbish at the moment.
    g proteins are involved in signaling types of stimuli outside a cell to the inside of the cell. there are two types. the ones in the cell are coupled receptors, ie; 5-HT(serotonin)

and thus the relation. LSD has various unbalancing effects on g proteins.

oh, as for blood sugar, low blood sugar through metabolic derangement or poor diet lead to increased serotonin through various steps of stress response.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-20-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    nihil