Page 80 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 80

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have vivid toilet dreams when I am sleeping deep but need to get and pee. Always trying to go in strange locations, can't find any privacy, toilets are all overflowing with shit. Great times, those dreams!

Yay on the measurements! I seem to be going back down a bit too. Moving at a glacial pace but new lows are happening (recent lows, nothing close to before eating more).

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Why is the peppermint tea bad for you?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So many crazy dreams. I love twin peaks, btw. Sis your dreams start getting crazy after you started taking the zinc?

Awesome news on the fat loss! Seems like your falling into a good eating rhythm.

I heard the GG was really bad which is dissapointing. Hopefully people are just stupid though, the hobbit got bad reviews and i loves it. Im a big fan of DiCaprio. One of the best actors ever for sure.
    I know, "Twin Peaks" is amazing. Although actually, I thought it all went downhill mid-season two (which is when Lynch stepped away from the project).

That's interesting about the zinc... I think the dreams began a little before I started taking it, but is there a correlation?

Thanks for the encouragement

GG was okay. I love the story but it was all overshadowed by Baz Luhrmann's directing - which is pretty old hat by now. He's still doing the same things he did in 1996. Even DiCaprio didn't shine much. Re. the Hobbit - have you read the book? I couldn't bring myself to watch it cos' I hated what Peter Jackson did to LOTRs... I'm a purist when it comes to those books

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I think that, LSD has a mechanism which groups receptors of the brain together that is otherwise impossible, dubbing it a "superagonist", ie; with dopamine, which in itself can cause lucid dreaming with the receptors communicating together. It's an interaction between G proteins.

Extended use creates a tolerance between parts of that, which could explain the lowering of serotonin by LSD after a while.
    What's the correlation between serotonin and the g-proteins? And does blood sugar impact serotonin (I remember Peat said there's a link tween BS and dreaming).

Man, my memory is absolute rubbish at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Oooh, a scone, you rebel =) lol.

I don't really love DiCaprio, but I can tolerate him most of the time. Sometimes he does a great job, though, like in Man in the Iron Mask, and What's Eating Gilbert Grape? But in the Romeo & Juliet movie, I hated it.

I wanted to ask out, kind of out of the blue, but I keep forgetting -- I noticed some days, you ate grated courgette (zucchini?) with your meals. I would imagine it to be kind of mushy, no? Or is it sorta like rice? It intrigues me, since I love cauliflower rice so much!
    It was a mistake to post a picture of that scone. Now every time I enter my journal it's there, beckoning to me...

The courgettes don't get mushy! I grate them, heat them briefly, and then use them as a pasta substitute. They work great! I haven't tried cauliflower rice but I don't think I'd bother since I love real rice so much...

We can agree to disagree on DiCap. I think he's a phenomenal actor - have you seen "Revolutionary Road"? Not the greatest film, but he's amazing in it. I'm so annoyed he hasn't gotten an Oscar yet! And, of course, there's the face I fancied him big time when I was a teenager, and then he got quite weird-looking for quite a few years, but he's suddenly hot again! We have the same birthday. I think it's meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I have vivid toilet dreams when I am sleeping deep but need to get and pee. Always trying to go in strange locations, can't find any privacy, toilets are all overflowing with shit. Great times, those dreams!

Yay on the measurements! I seem to be going back down a bit too. Moving at a glacial pace but new lows are happening (recent lows, nothing close to before eating more).
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Why is the peppermint tea bad for you?
    Ha, I did need to pee And I have had those kinds of dreams before (looking for a toilet), but they don't normally become nightmares. On the same note, when I'm hungover I often have dreams about trying to find water to drink, and just as I'm about to gulp some, someone pulls it out of my hands!

That's great you're seeing the scale move down! Glacial is good - means it leaves an impact, right? I actually looked at a photo of myself taken three months ago, and realised that I've lost a lot of weight in my face! So remember there are prob things happening that we can't measure too.

Pep tea is linked to infertility. My sister did the research ages ago, and told me the other day not to drink it.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    People often report really vivid dreams when taking a Zinc-magnesium supplement, so it may be the zinc.

Yea i loved the hobbit as a kid. I had a huge super detailed book with great pictures and maps, would read it before bed quite a bit. Im a huge fan of fantasy and story telling so i love Jacksons version of LoTR and Hobbit, some of it was way over the top but that was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yea i loved the hobbit as a kid. I had a huge super detailed book with great pictures and maps, would read it before bed quite a bit. Im a huge fan of fantasy and story telling so i love Jacksons version of LoTR and Hobbit, some of it was way over the top but that was ok.
    I probably had the same book - this one?

Many a day was spent pouring over those pages...

I love fantasy as well - it's my favourite genre. I'm actually writing a script atm about a guy who takes acid and then starts entering alternative realities through his dreams. It's David Lynch meets the Coen Brothers

Have you read the novel of "The Neverending story?" It's completely amazing - the film is nothing in comparison.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

OKAY FOLKS - I booked flights to San Francisco!!! Going to be in Cali from around 10th June to 28th. Who's coming to meet me?

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Dude. I'm going to be visiting a friend in SF from Jun 20-23. We are going to happen.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Zach is offline Banned
    Nope, have not read the book. Liked the movie as a kid though.

Dunno if you follow Ido on facebook but heres his recent video... What i wouldnt give to intern in Thailand, talk about paradise.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vs841TMp1VE

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Dude. I'm going to be visiting a friend in SF from Jun 20-23. We are going to happen.
    O.M.G.

!!!!

I'll make my plans in SF for the end of my trip

What will we do? Hike? Eat maple syrup? Compare distention? So many options...

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I'm so giddy right now it's stupid.

We will have too many things to do!! How will we choose? We can compare distention while we hike to a nice spot to have our maple syrup picnic.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?