Page 79 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 79

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    FTF
    Entry Eighteen

Sleep:
    12.15am - 5.30am, woke up til 6am, then fell asleep again til 8.30am. Approx 7.5 hours.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:

9.30am - Breakfast: 2 bananas, 2 fried eggs.
    5.00pm - Linner: 1 lb cherries, 1 banana, 2 oranges
    7.00pm - Dinner: Carrot salad, Thai green curry with wild salmon.
    8.00om - Red wine
    10.45pm - banana. bedtime bevvie: decaf tea w/lf milk, sugar and gelatine.

As soon as I drank the red wine earlier I got sugar cravings. Funny how I'm so sensitive to the different effects of different wines: this one obviously gave me a slight hypoglycaemic reaction (It wasn't good wine).

Fluids:
    1.5 litres coconut water, 3 coffees, 2 tea w/ milk and sugar, some water.

Cravings: None But I did get images of prawns and calamari in my head... must eat those tomorrow.

Supps:
    Mg-B6 complex x2, Zinc x 2, Vit D x 2, Vit C x 2, milk thistle x 20 drops.

Energy and mood:
    Good all day. Felt a little like I wanted to be on my own, but ended up hanging with people regardless.

Body:
    Water retention: Terrible bloating after dinner... particularly bad. So bad that even one of my friends in the pub noticed! Wonder if it could have been the vinegar in the carrot salad?
    Sinus: Usual.
    Skin: Been spraying B3 onto my face. I think it's working!
    Rosacea: None.
    Lips: Peeled.
    Digestion: Had a healthy BM, but feel a bit backed up.
    Temperature: Bit cold.

Stress:
    Ugh. Feel fat all of a sudden. Probably cos my stomach got so bloated, but I was sitting in the pub all every part of my body that I touched just felt like fat.

At the same time, at least I'm not binging / obsessing about what I'm eating / hating on my body 24-7. I know I keep complaining about feeling fat, and I toy with the idea of dieting / fasting, but at the same time I couldn't be bothered. It's so boring. I'm looking forward to the time when I'm not so preoccupied with all this... I can feel it getting better, so I know it's ahead of me.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-18-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    The bloating will get better the more you use and probably by tomorrow. It's bulking everything up and clearing out endotoxins.
    nihil

ombat is offline Senior Member
    You eat a lot of bananas. I love bananas but I don't eat them because they bloat me so terribly. Maybe they are doing the same for you. Or at least making it worse.

Are you soon to be getting your period? I feel like a whale for a week before mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    The bloating will get better the more you use and probably by tomorrow. It's bulking everything up and clearing out endotoxins.
    Thanks Derp - you mean the carrot salad? I'm no stranger to it... But I'll make a concerted effort to eat it every day for a while and see what happens. Does it have to be coconut oil?

Also, you were telling me before that Ray Peat says dreams a blood sugar issue. I've been having a lot of nightmares lately (hence I'm awake right now): does Peat say anything on that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    You eat a lot of bananas. I love bananas but I don't eat them because they bloat me so terribly. Maybe they are doing the same for you. Or at least making it worse.

Are you soon to be getting your period? I feel like a whale for a week before mine.
    Thanks for the suggestions Ooooooooombop. Nope, just finishing up TOM. The bloat literally happened after I had dinner, which included a large carrot salad... Bananas don't have any effect on it actually! I do eat a lot... they're so cheap, filling and tasty...

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    I know where you're coming from by feeling fat and getting bent out of shape over being so bloated. I've had those moments where I didn't want to touch any part of my body (or have anyone touching/seeing me!) because of my bloat and water retention being so awful. I remember, when I was first gaining weight back, I'd eat so much and my entire body would retain water to the point where I couldn't wear shoes, or wear my normal rings. Thank gods I didn't own a scale, I must've been holding onto 20lbs of water at some points! You just gotta remember, that it is just gas/water/PMS bloat/what-have-you, and that it is not permanent, and that it is not fat.

Regarding your desire to fast or go on a diet: I feel that you should use the energy that you have right now to exercise, instead of trying to get rid of it by not eating. Whenever you lose weight by restricting foods, you're losing all those nutrients that you bathed yourself in just a short while ago. Don't you think it'd be a better choice to continue to eat normally, and use up the excess energy with working out? I feel like your results would be better, and you'd be healthier in terms of body and mind.
    <Sigh> I know intellectually it's just bloat... but at the same time fat and water retention look the same on the outside! Amazing how that little pooch can be the difference between feeling fat or thin.

Thanks for the diet / exercise suggestion. You're completely right, and that's how I intuitively feel too. I'm so glad we've got the fitness journal going, cos' now I feel motivated to challenge myself. I suspect it will help with the progesterone levels too. And seriously, I've just gotten to the point where dieting is so fucking boring. It's so nice just to eat what I want, and still be losing (albeit very slowly).
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-18-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thanks Derp - you mean the carrot salad? I'm no stranger to it... But I'll make a concerted effort to eat it every day for a while and see what happens. Does it have to be coconut oil?

Also, you were telling me before that Ray Peat says dreams a blood sugar issue. I've been having a lot of nightmares lately (hence I'm awake right now): does Peat say anything on that matter?
    Nah, raw carrots work just as well, or you can eat bamboo shoots.

This is what I read from him aside from the blood sugar issue:

"Serotonin interferes with slow wave sleep, and promotes cortisol, both of which can be harmful to brain cells. (Hypothyroidism is one of the causes of a decrease in slow wave sleep.)"

Slow wave sleep is also not REM sleep, it's a sign of stress, and poor sleep quality. REM decreases as you get older, but knowing what we know on it, I think it's easily remedied.
    nihil

ombat is offline Senior Member
    You're welcome Yooooooogi. Raw carrots make me bloat up just as much as bananas. I'm jealous you can eat bananas without consequence. They are one of my favorite foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Nah, raw carrots work just as well, or you can eat bamboo shoots.

This is what I read from him aside from the blood sugar issue:

"Serotonin interferes with slow wave sleep, and promotes cortisol, both of which can be harmful to brain cells. (Hypothyroidism is one of the causes of a decrease in slow wave sleep.)"

Slow wave sleep is also not REM sleep, it's a sign of stress, and poor sleep quality. REM decreases as you get older, but knowing what we know on it, I think it's easily remedied.
    Hmmmm. You know what though? AFter I took acid for the first time, my dreams became WAY more vivid. Which doesn't really fit with the serotonin theory, since LSD is meant to inhibit it.

Actually, I reckon the nightmares could be cos I've been drinking a lot more than usual lately... probably my body detoxing.

Had the carrot salad again today! Did I do good, Derpaguru?

- Ray Peat

FTF
    Entry Nineteen

Sleep:
    12.00am - 4.30am, woke up til 6am, then fell asleep again til 8.30am. Approx 7 hours.

Had the most bizarre nightmare about me trying to use the toilet in a train station, and I was being stalked by a really insane version of myself, who kept dropping down on me through the air vents. THink of "Twin Peaks": it was like that. Went back to sleep eventually and dreamt vividly again.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:

9.00am - Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 kiwi
    1.00pm - Lunch: 2 fried eggs (co oil, turmeric), 1 banana, 1 kiwi
    5.30pm - Snack: Small scone with butter and jam (for those who don't know what 'scones' are - see below).
    6.00pm - Dinner: 4 Grated carrots, dash of coconut milk, little bit minced beef, prawns, calamari, mussels, gelatine.
    6.45pm - 1 orange

It wash't even gluten-free

Fluids:
    1 litre coconut water, 2 coffees (1 w/ gelatine), 400 mls soda water, tea w/ milk and sugar, 2 raspberry teas (meant to be good for progesterone... I've got to cut the peppermint tea! Apparently it's bad for me).

Cravings: Nope.

Supps:
    Mg-B6 complex x2
    Zinc x 2
    Vit D x 2
    Vit C x 2
    Aspirin x 2
    Milk thistle x 20 drops.

Energy and mood:
    Feel a bit tired: been on my feet for the last three days. But spirits are high

Body:
    Today, i reached a new low with the measuring tape!!! It's the first time in 6 months that my hips got below 37"s! My measurements keep going up and down, but the lows keep getting lower...

Water retention: Had a brainwave. I think I'm intolerant to some dairy. I've noticed before that I've bloated a lot after heavy cheeses, and a few times I've really bloated after coffee, but of course the coffee had milk in it. I've cut all dairy from my diet, but I'm still using low fat milk. (Last night before I bloated I had a cup of tea). I always ignored this before cos' when I was vegan I would still bloat, but at that time I was also eating tons of lentils... and soy
    I bought unhomogenised milk, so I'll see if that makes a difference.
    Sinus: Usual.
    Skin: Good.
    Rosacea: Got quite red at cinema.
    Lips: Fine.
    Digestion: Making up for lost time...
    Temperature: Fine.

In other news:
    Going to "THe Great Gatsby" tonight. Really hoping they didn't murder the book too much... Does anyone else love Leonardo di Cap?? He's such a great actor imo.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-20-2013 at 01:12 AM.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    So many crazy dreams. I love twin peaks, btw. Sis your dreams start getting crazy after you started taking the zinc?

Awesome news on the fat loss! Seems like your falling into a good eating rhythm.

I heard the GG was really bad which is dissapointing. Hopefully people are just stupid though, the hobbit got bad reviews and i loves it. Im a big fan of DiCaprio. One of the best actors ever for sure.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hmmmm. You know what though? AFter I took acid for the first time, my dreams became WAY more vivid. Which doesn't really fit with the serotonin theory, since LSD is meant to inhibit it.

Actually, I reckon the nightmares could be cos I've been drinking a lot more than usual lately... probably my body detoxing.

Had the carrot salad again today! Did I do good, Derpaguru?
    I think that, LSD has a mechanism which groups receptors of the brain together that is otherwise impossible, dubbing it a "superagonist", ie; with dopamine, which in itself can cause lucid dreaming with the receptors communicating together. It's an interaction between G proteins.

Extended use creates a tolerance between parts of that, which could explain the lowering of serotonin by LSD after a while.

Good work, keep it up!
    nihil