Page 78 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 78

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    FTF
    Entry Seventeen

Gadzooks... entry 17. The months are flying!

Sleep:
    11.45pm - 7am. Good sleep - was completely exhausted. Had another nightmare though - this time about my ex boyfriend. It was a recurring dream I had after we broke up, about how he treated me when we were together. It surprises me that I'm still having these dreams after all this time. I would think I'd be over it...

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Ate normally. Wasn't particularly hungry actually, but I ate for energy. Was exhausted after my day teaching, but dinner totally pepped me up.

7am - Breakfast: banana
    9am - Breakfast par deux: banana
    1.00pm - Lunch: cheese, mushroom and leek omelette
    7.00pm - Dinner: Thai green curry with tin wild salmon, green bell pepper and gelatine. 1 large potato.
    Will probably have a bedtime bevvie: pep tea w/lf milk, sugar and gelatine.

Fluids: 1/2 litre coconut water (can), 3 coffees, 2 teas w/ milk and sugar, 1/2 litre water.

Cravings: None

Supps:
    Mg-B6 complex x2, Zinc x 2, Vit D x 2, Vit C x 2, Aspirin x 2. Don't really know why I'm taking the aspirin, I think I got the idea it would help me with my period?! I get clots and stuff.
    Also took a glucosamine sulphate tab. Don't even know how I ended up with these in my press..! Think they help with muscle tension?

Energy and mood:
    Good. Felt tired after teaching but that's to be expected.

Body:
    Water retention: Bad.
    Sinus: Usual.
    Throat: A few days ago the lymph node behind my ear was swollen and painful, which I know signals some kind of throat problem. Yesterday my throat felt a bit funny, and today my glands are up. Pretty sure I won't get sick though - feel strong and like I can fight it off.
    Skin: Have started spraying my face and hands with powdered B3 in water. Hope this helps...
    Rosacea: Got a really sudden flare up in the latter part of the day. Think it was a reaction to the warm air con.
    Lips: Fine
    Digestion: No BM
    Temperature: Suddenly got really cold when I got home after work. Was freezing for about three hours, but I turned on the heating. Granted, it is a cold evening.

Stress:
    Bit stressed teaching today and didn't enjoy it as much as other workshops I've taught, but I think it's cos' I've taught it a few times now so I didn't bother prepping, and then I didn't feel fresh. Also, I need to keep changing what I teach or I get bored.

Questions for the audience:
    I'm very attracted by the raw milk fast. Paleobird said she lost 8 lbs in two days! I doubt I would lose anything like that, but what do you think - good or bad idea? (Zach and Derp, I know you guys have suggested I just eat fruit for three days, but I don't think I could manage that - fruit makes me too hungry. I need a bit of fat to satiate.)

Also, got my serotonin back - it was 120. Normal for women is under 330.

Last edited by YogaBare; 05-17-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Re milk fast and PBird's weight loss. I've been meaning to suggest to her that it might have less to do with the milk and more to do with the joys of new love. I always drop weight when I'm newly in lurrrve. Anyway, should you? No, I doubt it.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Zach is offline Banned
    Meh, at this point i think you should do what you want. There is no harm at all in drinking nothing but milk for a few days. Its always good to experiment.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thanks for the good advice everyone <3 I listened to my body, and my body wanted food, so I ate

ACtually, spicy food makes it worse!

They are external ones: you're supposed to put in a cream, and then apply the cream. When you say "taken" it makes it sound internal, not topical? But I mislaid the stupid bottle of them... grr.

Also Derp, I bought that powered b3 you recommended, and started using it today. I just diluted it with water and sprayed on my face - is this the right approach or should I put the powder in a cream?

Aaaaand - I got the results of my seretonin test. I figure if anyone would know about it it's you Result was 120, which is apparently normal (should be under 330 for women). What do you think?
    Nah, you apply it topically haha. Please don't eat them!

I would put it coconut oil, or mix it with alcohol or coffee(caffeine is good for skin)

Your 5-HT could still stand to go lower, but I think yours is due to having higher TSH, and a possibly inflamed gut(bloating symptoms). I don't trust the standards on what's normal in medical science. I felt much better when I got my 5-HT(blood serotonin) down to ~50.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Nah, you apply it topically haha. Please don't eat them!

I would put it coconut oil, or mix it with alcohol or coffee(caffeine is good for skin)

Your 5-HT could still stand to go lower, but I think yours is due to having higher TSH, and a possibly inflamed gut(bloating symptoms). I don't trust the standards on what's normal in medical science. I felt much better when I got my 5-HT(blood serotonin) down to ~50.
    Thanks for the info

How did you get your 5-HT lower than that? And that's interesting you think my gut could be inflamed... I was thinking it might be bloat from excess oestrogen.

Also, what do you think of using petroleum jelly on skin?

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    If you think fruit for a few days is good except that it makes you toooo hungry, why not just do fruit and yogurt? Or am I missing the point now? lol. Raw milk only sounds to strict, kind of. I feel like if I tried to do something like that, it would make me start having crazy cravings. Plus I'd be tempted to make chocolate milk. And smoothies..... And then I'd be tempted to have cookies or cereal, since that's the only thing I eveeeeer ate cow's milk with. Hmm, yeah, no bueno! But if you thiiiink you can really do it, I'll totally be your cheerleader!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Meh, at this point i think you should do what you want. There is no harm at all in drinking nothing but milk for a few days. Its always good to experiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Re milk fast and PBird's weight loss. I've been meaning to suggest to her that it might have less to do with the milk and more to do with the joys of new love. I always drop weight when I'm newly in lurrrve. Anyway, should you? No, I doubt it.
    I think I'm prob gonna do it, just for two days or something. Losing 8 lbs in two days is just too attractive not to test out...

Re: spicy food and sinuses: it might make your sinuses bad for a while, but that just means that you're metabolism is speeding up and getting the bad stuff out. if you enjoy eating spicy food, continual use of spice at every meal for a short while should help. Howeeeeever, raw local honey is very tasty, and if you've never tried it, then you should do that!
    Thanks!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Thanks for the info

How did you get your 5-HT lower than that? And that's interesting you think my gut could be inflamed... I was thinking it might be bloat from excess oestrogen.

Also, what do you think of using petroleum jelly on skin?
    Could be, as estrogen causes inflammation. Nicotine, acid, serotonin reuptake enhancers, and carrot salad. Pretty much it.

Not sure, never used it.
    nihil

Could be, as estrogen causes inflammation. Nicotine, acid, serotonin reuptake enhancers, and carrot salad. Pretty much it.

Not sure, never used it.
    I never heard of SSREs before. I googled it, but don't understand how they work? Is it that they make the sereotonin active instead of just circulating the blood?

Guess I'll try the carrot salad again, and take advantage of mushie season when it comes round

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I don't think there is anything wrong with you trying the milk diet. Remember what I said in the other thread though, the source really matters. I felt awesome from one farms milk and horrid from the other. Listen and don't restrict if you find yourself having to use discipline to follow the diet and if it is making you feel less than fantastic find a different source or give it up. Cultured milk products are just as good or better and might be easier for you to digest if you start to have trouble with it.

I never heard of SSREs before. I googled it, but don't understand how they work? Is it that they make the sereotonin active instead of just circulating the blood?

Guess I'll try the carrot salad again, and take advantage of mushie season when it comes round
    They increase uptake of serotonin, lowering serotonin's activity, by increasing activity of 5-HIAA(excretion)
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with you trying the milk diet. Remember what I said in the other thread though, the source really matters. I felt awesome from one farms milk and horrid from the other. Listen and don't restrict if you find yourself having to use discipline to follow the diet and if it is making you feel less than fantastic find a different source or give it up. Cultured milk products are just as good or better and might be easier for you to digest if you start to have trouble with it.
    The raw milk plan has been abandoned - just read that Paleobird put all the weight she lost back on overnight!

They increase uptake of serotonin, lowering serotonin's activity, by increasing activity of 5-HIAA(excretion)
    Gotcha.

I'll prob stick with the mushrooms

- Ray Peat