Page 77 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 77

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Nope, my blood pressure is normal.

As for your sinuses, is it a seasonal allergy thing, or are they always runny? Some people who have sinus issues find that it's really caused by a dairy allergy. When they eliminate dairy for a while, their sinuses clear up. I have this thing that causes me to want to clear my throat periodically during the day. I sort of suspect that it's a casein allergy. I've successfully stayed away from dairy for two weeks, but it didn't do anything. It's likely that 2 weeks just wasn't long enough, but I have a hard time eliminating dairy for some reason.
    I think 3 weeks is the min. for eliminating dairy, 12 for wheat.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    As for your sinuses, is it a seasonal allergy thing, or are they always runny? Some people who have sinus issues find that it's really caused by a dairy allergy. When they eliminate dairy for a while, their sinuses clear up. I have this thing that causes me to want to clear my throat periodically during the day. I sort of suspect that it's a casein allergy. I've successfully stayed away from dairy for two weeks, but it didn't do anything. It's likely that 2 weeks just wasn't long enough, but I have a hard time eliminating dairy for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I think 3 weeks is the min. for eliminating dairy, 12 for wheat.
    Thanks for the suggestion! But nope, I was vegan for nearly a year and still had the runny nose. It's post nasal drop - I don't think it's caused by dairy, and I have my doubts that it's even an allergy. In chinese medicine they say it's caused by having cold lungs (or something).

It's not seasonal - I mostly get it as a reaction to the air outside being a colder temperature, but some foods trigger it as well. Oranges, strangely, being one!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

FTF
    Entry Sixteen

Sleep:
    12.15am - 5.30am: 4 hours, 15 mins. Haven't slept well for the last four nights... been out a lot, going to bed too late, and not eating enough in the evenings. Also been having night sweats.

Had a big meal tonight, and am staying in so should be fine.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Had a good appetite. Overate in the evening, but don't mind at all - I've been eaten really moderately lately. Feels good to feel full!

5.50am - Breakfast: 1.5 bananas, 3 fried eggs.
    1.00pm - Lunch: canned wild salmon, 2 potatoes, lamb bone broth.
    5.30pm - Snack: 3 Oranges
    7.00pm - Dinner: A few bowls of Thai green curry with fish, aubergine and gelatine. 1 large potato.
    Will probably have a bedtime bevvie: pep tea w/lf milk, sugar and gelatine.

Fluids: 1.5 litres coconut water, 3 coffees, 2 pep teas w/ milk and sugar, 1/2 litre water.

Cravings: None! Haven't had any since my trip to Poland. Pretty unusual for me.

Supps:
    Mg-B6 complex x2, Zinc x 2, Vit D x 2, Aspirin x 2.

Energy and mood:
    Did a great workout but felt tired before and about two hour after felt tired again. Prob just didn't get enough sleep.

Body:
    Water retention: A little less bloated that yesterday, but still bad. Peed a lot today.
    Sinus: Usual.
    Skin: dry....
    Rosacea: None.
    Lips: Peeled.
    Digestion: Healthy.
    Temperature: Suddenly got really cold after finishing exercising earlier. Put on two jumpers, a blanket, a head band and a hat (it's May, I know...) before I started to warm up. Took temp: 36.6C.

Stress:
    Had a bit of a freak out this morning cos' I woke up with two new wrinkles People: you literally get them overnight! I really need to get over this ageing thing. I'm just scared that if I keep going at this rate I'm going to look like a hag by the time I'm 35. But then again, I have to remember that I'm a bit insane when it comes to appearance. I'm sure I look fine.

Anyway, having new wrinkles, coupled with not being able to find my measuring tape, or my house keys, or my copper peptides (which I still haven't used) totally gave me a bit of a wobble. But then I went to the park, had an amazing work out, and felt great for the rest of the day I'm managing to exercise a lot more efficiently recently.

Questions for the audience:
    I won't be able to exercise tomorrow cos' I'm teaching (not yoga) all day and then I'm going out. I ate a lot today (which is fine), but I'm thinking I might fast a little bit tomorrow. Like, just have fruit for breakfast and lunch, and then have dinner.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but I need to be vigilant that I'm not ring to start starving myself again. Do you think it would be okay to do this? To be fair, I ate lightly on SUnday and Monday (mostly fruit, one light meal), then just ate normally for the rest of the week, and a lot today. So I know I managed it then...

I also wonder if part of where I always used to fall down was that I used to fast on my exercise days, and then gorge on my days off? Others said it was supposed to be the reverse, but that wasn't my rhythm. Now I think it might be (ie. worked out today, ate a lot: won't work out tomorrow, feels right to eat light).

Hmm.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-16-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    FTF
    Entry Sixteen

Sleep:
    12.15am - 5.30am: 4 hours, 15 mins. Haven't slept well for the last four nights... been out a lot, going to bed too late, and not eating enough in the evenings. Also been having night sweats.

Had a big meal tonight, and am staying in so should be fine.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Had a good appetite. Overate in the evening, but don't mind at all - I've been eaten really moderately lately. Feels good to feel full!

5.50am - Breakfast: 1.5 bananas, 3 fried eggs.
    1.00pm - Lunch: canned wild salmon, 2 potatoes, lamb bone broth.
    5.30pm - Snack: 3 Oranges
    7.00pm - Dinner: A few bowls of Thai green curry with fish, aubergine and gelatine. 1 large potato.
    Will probably have a bedtime bevvie: pep tea w/lf milk, sugar and gelatine.

Fluids: 1.5 litres coconut water, 3 coffees, 2 pep teas w/ milk and sugar, 1/2 litre water.

Cravings: None! Haven't had any since my trip to Poland. Pretty unusual for me.

Supps:
    Mg-B6 complex x2, Zinc x 2, Vit D x 2, Aspirin x 2.

Energy and mood:
    Did a great workout but felt tired before and about two hour after felt tired again. Prob just didn't get enough sleep.

Body:
    Water retention: A little less bloated that yesterday, but still bad. Peed a lot today.
    Sinus: Usual.
    Skin: dry....
    Rosacea: None.
    Lips: Peeled.
    Digestion: Healthy.
    Temperature: Suddenly got really cold after finishing exercising earlier. Put on two jumpers, a blanket, a head band and a hat (it's May, I know...) before I started to warm up. Took temp: 36.6C.

Stress:
    Had a bit of a freak out this morning cos' I woke up with two new wrinkles People: you literally get them overnight! I really need to get over this ageing thing. I'm just scared that if I keep going at this rate I'm going to look like a hag by the time I'm 35. But then again, I have to remember that I'm a bit insane when it comes to appearance. I'm sure I look fine.

Anyway, having new wrinkles, coupled with not being able to find my measuring tape, or my house keys, or my copper peptides (which I still haven't used) totally gave me a bit of a wobble. But then I went to the park, had an amazing work out, and felt great for the rest of the day I'm managing to exercise a lot more efficiently recently.

Questions for the audience:
    I won't be able to exercise tomorrow cos' I'm teaching (not yoga) all day and then I'm going out. I ate a lot today (which is fine), but I'm thinking I might fast a little bit tomorrow. Like, just have fruit for breakfast and lunch, and then have dinner.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but I need to be vigilant that I'm not ring to start starving myself again. Do you think it would be okay to do this? To be fair, I ate lightly on SUnday and Monday (mostly fruit, one light meal), then just ate normally for the rest of the week, and a lot today. So I know I managed it then...

I also wonder if part of where I always used to fall down was that I used to fast on my exercise days, and then gorge on my days off? Others said it was supposed to be the reverse, but that wasn't my rhythm. Now I think it might be (ie. worked out today, ate a lot: won't work out tomorrow, feels right to eat light).

Hmm.
    No, I don't think it's okay to fast tomorrow

I hear you justifying it as a great idea, and you're asking so you have doubts. At this stage, after doing so fabulously well, doubt is something you could do without. Fasting is a restricting mindset and it's not a good thing. Well.... you did ask!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Re: fasting, I would never plan a fast. If it happens naturally, fine. If not, I would not forgo giving your body nutrients if it's asking for it. See how you feel tomorrow. If you ate more than you needed today then you might not feel hungry tomorrow. But if you are hungry, I would not force it. Absolutely not.

Re: wrinkles. It could be stress or lack of sleep. I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Progesterone and copper peptides help with wrinkles. If you haven't taken the peptides yet, now is as good a time as any. Where did you order from?
    nihil

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Re: fasting, I would never plan a fast. If it happens naturally, fine. If not, I would not forgo giving your body nutrients if it's asking for it. See how you feel tomorrow. If you ate more than you needed today then you might not feel hungry tomorrow. But if you are hungry, I would not force it. Absolutely not.

Re: wrinkles. It could be stress or lack of sleep. I wouldn't worry about it just yet.
    +1

Also, like you described my appetite is always low on high activity days and then high the following day. I think it is good to listen to that hunger the following day or days because that is when the body is repairing and building muscle, hot a good time to keep food away from your body.

Quote Originally Posted by VacillateWildly View Post
    No, I don't think it's okay to fast tomorrow

I hear you justifying it as a great idea, and you're asking so you have doubts. At this stage, after doing so fabulously well, doubt is something you could do without. Fasting is a restricting mindset and it's not a good thing. Well.... you did ask!
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    To answer your question about fasting, I am going to give you some advice that you've given to me: listen to what your body wants. What the body needs and what the mind wants to do aren't always the same. Why do you feel like you need to fast? You've been eating lightly the past few days, and had a big eating day for one day.... If your body is hungry again tomorrow, you should eat. If you don't even think about food and don't feel hungry, let the fasting happen, but I would not actively try to restrict my intake, or force it on yourself. You said that you haven't been having cravings, why restrict now? Deprivation breeds desire!

Another thing-- you notice that. On exercise days, you tend to eat lightly, and eat more on your rest days. I sometimes do the same thing, and I don't think that it's necessarily a bad or good thing. If you eat a lot on your rest days, that may just mean that your body is recovering and building strength/muscle or working to heal your sore body. You never really know what's going on internally, so there's no way to tell if your eating habits and calorie cycling is is doing you any harm. If it feels good, go for it just feel good about the foods that you are nourishing your body with. Celebrate that you're eating healthy and giving yourself much better nutrition than a lot of other people out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    +1

Also, like you described my appetite is always low on high activity days and then high the following day. I think it is good to listen to that hunger the following day or days because that is when the body is repairing and building muscle, hot a good time to keep food away from your body.
    Thanks for the good advice everyone <3 I listened to my body, and my body wanted food, so I ate

The honey-- I think that any honey that's harvested. In your region and not heated should have a beneficial impact on your allergy/sinus issues. I'm not really very informed about the different types of honey, though. Another thing that may help your sinuses is spicy food -- chilies, wasabi, mustard, horseradish.
    ACtually, spicy food makes it worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Progesterone and copper peptides help with wrinkles. If you haven't taken the peptides yet, now is as good a time as any. Where did you order from?
    They are external ones: you're supposed to put in a cream, and then apply the cream. When you say "taken" it makes it sound internal, not topical? But I mislaid the stupid bottle of them... grr.

Also Derp, I bought that powered b3 you recommended, and started using it today. I just diluted it with water and sprayed on my face - is this the right approach or should I put the powder in a cream?

Aaaaand - I got the results of my seretonin test. I figure if anyone would know about it it's you Result was 120, which is apparently normal (should be under 330 for women). What do you think?

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    So what's this talk about copper peptides and b3 sprays? Do they reduce wrinkles? I need more info please. I'm starting to have problems with wrinkles too--under the eyes, especially. Do you think rubbing your eyes makes them worse? I get seasonal allergies that make my eyes itch. I try not to rub, but sometimes do it anyway at night. Er.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So what's this talk about copper peptides and b3 sprays? Do they reduce wrinkles? I need more info please. I'm starting to have problems with wrinkles too--under the eyes, especially. Do you think rubbing your eyes makes them worse? I get seasonal allergies that make my eyes itch. I try not to rub, but sometimes do it anyway at night. Er.
    That's a looong answer. There's so many anti-wrinkles approaches... retin-A is a very popular one but I hear it's quite harsh. Anyway, the under eye wrinkles are particularly tricky cos' the skin there is so delicate...

- Ray Peat