Page 76 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 76

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey YB--I'm not sure if you've explained this before, but what do you mean by crashing? What does it feel like? Just suddenly really tired?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Hey YB--I'm not sure if you've explained this before, but what do you mean by crashing? What does it feel like? Just suddenly really tired?
    Hola chica Yeah, it's basically suddenly feeling really exhausted and fatigued - to the point where I can't really do anything except lie down.

The pattern of my energy seems to be that I go up and down: I have a period where I'm really active, then I crash and am totally debilitated for a number of days. One time I slept for 48 hours...

DO you get fatigued too?

I have to say though, the crashes have gotten A LOT better since I stopped binging. I had a bad one about two weeks ago which lasted 2-3 days (one day in bed, one day limping around my house, one day starting to feel normal again), and I do still get tired a lot, but this is definitely an improvement on before.

Oh, on a completely unrelated topic, I bought these yesterday and thought of my MDA friends from Cali

Last edited by YogaBare; 05-15-2013 at 07:19 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Hi YB, I've been reading your journal and seems like things are getting better with you and your family these days. YaY!! Just stopped by to say hi. Feels a little rude to just read.

I love prunes. Just gotta be careful with those, though Might give you the runs.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Great about the digestion and water retention. I did a bit of a O_O when I saw prunes, though. Those things rip my stomach apart. But boy are they tasty....

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hola chica Yeah, it's basically suddenly feeling really exhausted and fatigued - to the point where I can't really do anything except lie down.

The pattern of my energy seems to be that I go up and down: I have a period where I'm really active, then I crash and am totally debilitated for a number of days. One time I slept for 48 hours...

DO you get fatigued too?

I have to say though, the crashes have gotten A LOT better since I stopped binging. I had a bad one about two weeks ago which lasted 2-3 days (one day in bed, one day limping around my house, one day starting to feel normal again), and I do still get tired a lot, but this is definitely an improvement on before.

Oh, on a completely unrelated topic, I bought these yesterday and thought of my MDA friends from Cali
    Yeah, I get less extreme versions of energy crashes. They usually take place in the afternoon. In fact, I'm having one right now. I don't have to lie down (thankfully, because I wouldn't be able to), but I would like to. Just feel like going to bed. The thing is, it goes away by evening. And it's not correlated with eating so it's not the normal post-lunch slump. Not sure what causes it, and coffee doesn't seem to help. I also don't like to drink coffee in the afternoon because it can make it hard for me to fall asleep when I want to, which is usually around 9 pm (which is too early for my circadian rhythm, and coffee in the afternoon makes it worse).

As for prunes, man they are good. But one time I ate an entire bag and felt super bloated and uncomfortable for the rest of the day. Hmmm, I think I may get some prune juice tomorrow--you've inspired me!

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Hi YB, I've been reading your journal and seems like things are getting better with you and your family these days. YaY!! Just stopped by to say hi. Feels a little rude to just read.

I love prunes. Just gotta be careful with those, though Might give you the runs.
    Aw, thanks Graycat Glad to know you've been checking in. I appreciate the well wishes.

Ha, never had that problem with prunes actually!

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Great about the digestion and water retention. I did a bit of a O_O when I saw prunes, though. Those things rip my stomach apart. But boy are they tasty....
    Weird - fruit never gives me the runs! The main things that rip my stomach up are tinned spinach and quinoa. Random, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Yeah, I get less extreme versions of energy crashes. They usually take place in the afternoon. In fact, I'm having one right now. I don't have to lie down (thankfully, because I wouldn't be able to), but I would like to. Just feel like going to bed. The thing is, it goes away by evening. And it's not correlated with eating so it's not the normal post-lunch slump. Not sure what causes it, and coffee doesn't seem to help. I also don't like to drink coffee in the afternoon because it can make it hard for me to fall asleep when I want to, which is usually around 9 pm (which is too early for my circadian rhythm, and coffee in the afternoon makes it worse).
    Thing about energy is that there are so many factors... even the temperature and the air pressure can affect it! Do you have low blood pressure, by any chance?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

FTF
    Entry Fifteen

My cycle started today. After all the drama, it was actually 26 days this month! I was sure I was about to get it when I was in Poland - even the gynae said I was, but then it didn't come. Wonder if it was the stress.

Sleep:
    1.30am - 5.30am: 4 hours. Woke up starving. Had food, went back to sleep at 6.30 til 9. Total: 6.5 hours. Felt good on waking.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Was hungry for breakfast, lunch, and a snack, but not so much dinner.

5.30am - Breakfast: Leftover minced liver and beef bolangaise (large portion!) with shredded courgette.
    1.00pm - Lunch: canned wild salmon, 3 or 4 potatoes, olive oil.
    3.30pm - banana
    6.00pm - Dinner: bone broth, two carrots, half a bell pepper.
    7.30 - pint of Guinness
    12am - bedtime bevvie: pep tea w/lf milk, sugar and gelatine.

Fluids:
    1.33 litres coconut water, 3 coffees, 3 pep teas w/ milk and sugar, 1 litre water.

Cravings: none, but I impulsively bought a packet of toffee in the shop.! I've had urges for it quite a few times recently, which is weird, cos' it's not a food I ever ate. I have an awesome recipe for homemade toffee though... maybe I'll treat myself

Supps:
    Forgot to take AGAIN.

Energy and mood:
    Felt good for most of the day: felt a bit tired by 3.30, but went for my walk, did my workout and felt good afterwards.. til I had the bone broth!! Made me so sleepy. Went out to meet a friend and was a bit tired in the pub.

Body:
    Water retention: Bleuuuuuurgh
    Sinus: I should just discontinue this... my sinuses are always runny! It's an annoyance rather than a problem, but it'd be nice to get rid of post nasal drip. I guess no one knows how to cure it.
    Skin: dry....
    Rosacea: Red after exercise (normal)
    Lips: better
    Digestion: Extremely healthy.
    Temperature: ?

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Regarding your sinuses: Have you ever eaten raw, locally harvested honey? You should try it in your tea instead of sugar some time. Just make sure it's raw and local, that's the important part. It can be a bit expensive, but it really may cure your sinuses permanently. It definitely helped out my SO!

Also, if you always forget to take your supplements, have you ever tried to put a reminder on your phone so that you'll do it? I have an alarm on my phone letting me know that it's time to take my birth control, so I'll never forget =)
    Lol, I just read this message and you reminded me that I was forgetting to take my sups AGAIN today!! Just took them now Do you know if aspirin aids the absorption of sups?

And thanks for the tip about raw honey - I've actually only eaten it once! I eat manuka though, and it doesn't help anything... Should it have a similar effect?

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    In the spring I always take raw local honey with pollen in it. It helps quite a bit with the seasonal allergies.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Do you have low blood pressure, by any chance?
    Nope, my blood pressure is normal.

As for your sinuses, is it a seasonal allergy thing, or are they always runny? Some people who have sinus issues find that it's really caused by a dairy allergy. When they eliminate dairy for a while, their sinuses clear up. I have this thing that causes me to want to clear my throat periodically during the day. I sort of suspect that it's a casein allergy. I've successfully stayed away from dairy for two weeks, but it didn't do anything. It's likely that 2 weeks just wasn't long enough, but I have a hard time eliminating dairy for some reason.