Page 75 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 75

  1. #741
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Primal Fuel
    Oops they looked silver upon first glance, but I see now. Well, shiny is shiny, isn't it?

    I love today's journal entry. Positivity runnin rampant! Especially about your mom - that is such wonderful news.

    <3 <3 <3

  2. #742
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,089
    fwiw, i thought it looked like a yoni, too.

  3. #743
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I'm so glad you are feeling good about your diagnosis and especially about your mom's. That is all wonderful news!
    Thanks so much PM How are things going with you right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Oops they looked silver upon first glance, but I see now. Well, shiny is shiny, isn't it?

    I love today's journal entry. Positivity runnin rampant! Especially about your mom - that is such wonderful news.

    <3 <3 <3
    Thanks Ooombop <3

    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Oh, your journal entry is so different today than it was last time, and I'm so glad! It's awesome to read that things are going more positively for you. I love your shoes, they're going to make any outfit look fancy simply because they're shiny. I have a lot of shoes and clothes, but most of them are old. I just hate to throw stuff away until they're completely falling apart.

    The experience you had at the acupuncturist was similar to mine! Whenever she left me for relaxation time, I couldn't relax at all, and was cracking up to nothing! Sucks that they were $70/session, or else I'd get them done more often!
    Cheers C

    Do you have a particular style you like? I've been told I have a fancy but relaxed look, lol. I hate wearing heels and it's all about comfort for me. But I do love shiney stuff

    Hey, I did find the acupuncture relaxing! I don't always, but I think it all depends on where they put the needles. Maybe in the past they were treating me for the wrong things. 70 bucks is mucho steep though...

    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    fwiw, i thought it looked like a yoni, too.
    You people are all filthy!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  4. #744
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    This is how I feel after teaching Tantra Yoga on a Tuesday

    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  5. #745
    diene's Avatar
    diene is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northeastern U.S.
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Aw man, I totally hear you. I felt like a hypochondriac too. We're not allowed to feel remotely bad, remember? We're either DYING, or we're well. There's no middle ground in medicine, and doctors don't care if you have symptoms, and they don't work towards preventing illness. Anyway, I really recommend getting blood work done. Then it doesn't really matter how bad your doc is, you know? The bloods don't lie. But if you did get them done, I'd go to see an endo. What symptoms do you have?
    Yeah, I need to get my free T3 and T4 tested. My TSH is highish--2.33, and I have some hypo symptoms. Inability to lose weight is one. I've only just started trying again, but, here's the thing, before I gained all this weight last September, I usually didn't try very hard to lose weight--yeah, I'd try once in a while, but mostly I just ate as much as I wanted, and my weight was fairly stable. I wasn't ever thin enough for me, but my weight was stable even though I ate a lot. Now, however, I have actually gained 5 pounds since mid-Feb (weighed myself this morning--new high, believe it or not) when I stopped restricting calories and carbs. I don't think this is normal for me. Anyway, I have other mild hypo symptoms--cold hands and feet, thin eyebrows (which is apparently a symptom), and mild fatigue, maybe. The fatigue is weird because I do get tired in the afternoon these days, even if I got enough sleep the night before, and I think that's new. But I don't know if it's real physical fatigue or if it's just caused by boredom. I'm bored to death with my job.

    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I understand that you want to try JUDD. It's shit feeling fat. Have you considered cycling calories? It's an amazing way to lose weight, and I don't think it's as extreme as JUDD... I don't know if you ever had a problem with binging, but JUDD would be a bad idea for me.
    Right now, I'm just terrified that I'm going to keep gaining. I was NOT happy when I saw the number on the scale this morning, but I know that some of that is probably actually muscle and some may be water retention. But still! I have had problems with binging, and I would binge once in a while on the weekends when I was actively restricting calories and carbs during the week. But I'm hoping that since JUDDD is alternate high and low days, rather than five days moderately low cal and VLC followed by carb up on the weekends (which was what caused me to binge in the past), I wouldn't be as likely to binge. Also not doing VLC probably helps too. If this turns into a starve/binge cycle though, I'll stop.

    What I'm really scared of right now is that it won't work. Not that I'd end up binging all the time, but that I'd do it properly but just not lose any weight. I don't think I've ever felt this out of control of my weight. This is not really a great feeling.

    But, hey, glad that your mom's okay. Also, Thai green curry sounds like a great idea. I LOVE Thai food!!
    Last edited by diene; 05-14-2013 at 08:30 AM.

  6. #746
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Yeah, I need to get my free T3 and T4 tested. My TSH is highish--2.33, and I have some hypo symptoms. Inability to lose weight is one. I've only just started trying again, but, here's the thing, before I gained all this weight last September, I usually didn't try very hard to lose weight--yeah, I'd try once in a while, but mostly I just ate as much as I wanted, and my weight was fairly stable. I wasn't ever thin enough for me, but my weight was stable even though I ate a lot. Now, however, I have actually gained 5 pounds since mid-Feb (weighed myself this morning--new high, believe it or not) when I stopped restricting calories and carbs. I don't think this is normal for me. Anyway, I have other mild hypo symptoms--cold hands and feet, thin eyebrows (which is apparently a symptom), and mild fatigue, maybe. The fatigue is weird because I do get tired in the afternoon these days, even if I got enough sleep the night before, and I think that's new. But I don't know if it's real physical fatigue or if it's just caused by boredom. I'm bored to death with my job.



    Right now, I'm just terrified that I'm going to keep gaining. I was NOT happy when I saw the number on the scale this morning, but I know that some of that is probably actually muscle and some may be water retention. But still! I have had problems with binging, and I would binge once in a while on the weekends when I was actively restricting calories and carbs during the week. But I'm hoping that since JUDDD is alternate high and low days, rather than five days moderately low cal and VLC followed by carb up on the weekends (which was what caused me to binge in the past), I wouldn't be as likely to binge. Also not doing VLC probably helps too. If this turns into a starve/binge cycle though, I'll stop.

    What I'm really scared of right now is that it won't work. Not that I'd end up binging all the time, but that I'd do it properly but just not lose any weight. I don't think I've ever felt this out of control of my weight. This is not really a great feeling.

    But, hey, glad that your mom's okay. Also, Thai green curry sounds like a great idea. I LOVE Thai food!!
    Just thinking - you said you gained the weight since getting that contraceptive put in, right? It would be really worth getting your sex hormones checked. I was sure I was hypo because I have all the symptoms (the ones you said, plus others). Turns out that I'm borderline hypo, but the hormonal imbalance I have (Oestrogen dominance) can cause loads of hypo symptoms because it actually impacts the thyroid! It's worth getting something more comprehensive than just thyroid because sometimes thyroid is simply a symptom.

    I don't know about JUDD... try it and see how you feel... As I said, I'm a fan of calorie cycling - it really works! Also, losing weight may take longer than you think... I know it's hard, but try to be patient

    And thanks for the well wishes I'm so relieved about so many things right now.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  7. #747
    diene's Avatar
    diene is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northeastern U.S.
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Just thinking - you said you gained the weight since getting that contraceptive put in, right? It would be really worth getting your sex hormones checked. I was sure I was hypo because I have all the symptoms (the ones you said, plus others). Turns out that I'm borderline hypo, but the hormonal imbalance I have (Oestrogen dominance) can cause loads of hypo symptoms because it actually impacts the thyroid! It's worth getting something more comprehensive than just thyroid because sometimes thyroid is simply a symptom.

    I don't know about JUDD... try it and see how you feel... As I said, I'm a fan of calorie cycling - it really works! Also, losing weight may take longer than you think... I know it's hard, but try to be patient

    And thanks for the well wishes I'm so relieved about so many things right now.
    Yeah, after reading about your situation, I'm thinking about getting my sex hormones tested as well. To get all the sex hormones plus free T3 and T4 would cost about $400--yikes! My health insurance isn't that great so I get my labs from Direct Labs (which is pretty cool). I think I'm going to wait for these tests to go on sale before getting them.

    I know weight loss takes time. For now, I just want to stop the slow gain. Seeing the scale creep up is really freaking me out.

  8. #748
    VacillateWildly's Avatar
    VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    fwiw, i thought it looked like a yoni, too.
    All I saw was yoni. Then I saw the love heart. Made it even more beautiful I reckon.

  9. #749
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by VacillateWildly View Post
    All I saw was yoni. Then I saw the love heart. Made it even more beautiful I reckon.
    This is so funny... I was so moved by the pic that I immediately put it as my computer wall paper!!! This was before you guys all piqued in. Now I see it as a heart and a yoni, and ironically, this overall message is exactly what I need.

    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Yeah, after reading about your situation, I'm thinking about getting my sex hormones tested as well. To get all the sex hormones plus free T3 and T4 would cost about $400--yikes! My health insurance isn't that great so I get my labs from Direct Labs (which is pretty cool). I think I'm going to wait for these tests to go on sale before getting them.

    I know weight loss takes time. For now, I just want to stop the slow gain. Seeing the scale creep up is really freaking me out.
    Damn, that's pricey! Maybe you could do some research before you go and order some tests? I really don't know much about hormones, but I'm thinking it might be worth getting the foundational ones tested first? And cholesterol?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-14-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  10. #750
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    FTF
    Entry Fourteen


    Sleep:
    11.30pm - 5.30am: 6 hours. Woke up hungry...

    Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Was hungry today, which I was expecting, as I didn't eat much for the last two days. But it was good hunger: I ate and the food didn't sit in my stomach afterwards.

    5.30am - Breakfast: 2 bananas
    6.30am - 3 fried eggs
    11.30pm - 2 bananas
    3.30pm - Lunch: minced liver and beef bolangaise with shredded courgette (large portion)
    5.30pm - banana
    7.00pm - Dinner: Sushi: 6 california rolls, carrot juice.
    12am - bedtime bevvie: pep tea w/lf milk, sugar and gelatine.

    Fluids:
    2 cans coconut water, 3 coffees, 3 pep teas w/ milk and sugar, carrot juice, small glass red wine, circa 600mls water.

    Cravings: None.

    Supps:
    Forgot to take today!

    Fitness:
    60 mins yoga
    20 min walk
    30 min cycle

    Energy and mood:
    Speaking of energy, I'm too tired to keep writing! I'll finish this tomorrow...Woke up feeling great, and crashed at 10am. But it was miraculous - I think I found a way to come out of the crashes. I'll see if it works again next time...

    Felt great and active for rest of day.

    Body:
    Water retention: much better
    Sinus: runny whenever went outside
    Skin: dry.... I've practically given up on my hands!
    Rosacea: Had a glass of wine in a really hot bar and got very flushed, but it didn't look bad for once!
    Lips: marked
    Digestion: Extremely healthy.
    Temperature: ?

    Stress:
    I notice lately that my hands are shaking some mornings, and they were today. Crashing stressed me a bit, but figuring something out about it exhilarated me. Taught a great yoga class in the avo and was flying for the rest of the day
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-15-2013 at 02:55 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •