Page 73 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 73

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Only because you make me think of lungs about five times a day when I see your thread title... :P

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Only because you make me think of lungs about five times a day when I see your thread title... :P

Lol - I don't get it?!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    The human right lung is divided into three lobes (as opposed to two lobes on the left), superior, middle, and inferior, by two interlobular fissures
    Human right lung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    The human right lung is divided into three lobes (as opposed to two lobes on the left), superior, middle, and inferior, by two interlobular fissures
    Human right lung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ahhhhh.

Speaking of lungs and ears.... (kinda).

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

So I went to see an endo yesterday. As I knew, my cortisol and oestrogen are high, but she told me that my progesterone is also very low. So, oestrogen dominance is the diagnosis. She's also a gyni, and did a scan of my womb. The scan of my womb revealed that, even though I am menstruating frequently, no ovulation is occurring. Which means no possibility of pregnancy.

This isn't as devastating to me as it would be to another woman because I'm pretty sure I don't want kids, but irrespective I feel confident that the prog supp will sort it out (just in case by some miracle I do become broody).

In fact, discovering this is massively positive, because "oestrogen dominance" actually explains most of my other issues!

- Low progesterone can cause problems with ovulation. Meanwhile, excess estrogen can cause frequent periods.

- Imbalances of oestrogen, progesterone, and cortisol are linked to low thyroid.

- From my bloods it's clear that I have no nutritional deficiencies, so why do I feel like I'm going to collapse if I don't fulfill very specific cravings? Excess oestrogen can be responsible for cravings, water retention and weight gain. So I'm even hoping that balancing my hormones will help me lose weight.

- Other things:
    Hair Loss (though this is better)
    Acne (has come back)
    Anxiety
    Angry or Emotional Outbursts & Mood swings
    Abdominal Gas & Bloating
    Constipation
    Low Energy (Fatigue)
    Sleep Problems Such as Insomnia
    Water Retention
    High Cholesterol

I'm being put on a three month course of progesterone to see what happens.

As well as taking the meds, I'm going to take some supplements: B6, Zinc, and Mg. I might try acupuncture as well. If any one has any other suggestions that would be great! I actually read before that yoga increases oestrogen - maybe there's a kind of exercise that increases progesterone?

I have a theory about how this happened, but I'll save it for another day as it's a little deep.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    That is excellent that you got it sorted out! Estrogen dominance seems to be linked to lots of bad shit, hopefully the progesterone will take care of that quickly. Im sure you will see a number of good signs from raising your thyroid to temperature control (flushing) to fat loss.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Wow, on one hand that's a lot to deal with, but you must feel so relieved to have a Dx and know how you're going to proceed with taking care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    That is excellent that you got it sorted out! Estrogen dominance seems to be linked to lots of bad shit, hopefully the progesterone will take care of that quickly. Im sure you will see a number of good signs from raising your thyroid to temperature control (flushing) to fat loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Wow, on one hand that's a lot to deal with, but you must feel so relieved to have a Dx and know how you're going to proceed with taking care of it.
    Thanks guys I can't believe I forgot the flushing! Yeah, that's 100% a symptom of oestrogen excess.

I was saying to Ombat that whenever I've stumbled upon something that I thought would explain my symptoms in the past I would really really hyper and excited, whereas now I feel... peace. This feels like the right diagnosis, and I'm so happy now that I can productively work towards something.

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    I've read that keeping stress levels down can help to increase progesterone levels. My mother said she tried to get pregnant with me for nearly 7 years, but had a stressful job. She didn't realize that this was the cause of her infertility, and tried a lot of things, until one day she quit her job abruptly due to issues with her boss. Less than two months later, she got pregnant because of the stress relief! I think that's a pretty significant thing that shouldn't be ignored.
    Acupuncture did help me whenever I got a few sessions of it over a year ago, maybe two years now. It put me in a "ha-ha" funny mood for hours after I'd have it done, lol.
    I feel that any kind of exercise that makes you personally feel relaxed and relieved, and gives you that happy adrenaline rush when you're finished, would be beneficial for progesterone increase.

Other things that may help increase your progesterone: 1. Consuming: turmeric, thyme, oregano, walnuts, red raspberry (herb) and chasteberry (herb)
    2. spending time with people you love can encourage your body to increase progesterone. Bonding with parents, hanging out with close friends, having intimate time with a partner you love, or even playing with your dog/cat/lizard (whatever) can increase the sensation of feeling safe in your surroundings. This would possibly let your body know that this is a safe place to have a baby, thus making progesterone levels increase.

I am also not very well versed on the topic, but Progesterone is very closely linked with cortisol, or so I've read. Maybe doing some research into this topic would shed light on your issues, but I'm not comfortable with giving you direct advice on this since I haven't read too much about it!
    THANK YOU!!! Those are great suggestions. I normally feel negative after exercise, so I need to find an amount / style that brings on that positive endorphin rush.

You're definitely on to something about intimacy. I actually think that the reason all this started to go haywire was because of a lot of negative sexual experiences Now I just need to find a few nice men to have sex with , ha
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-12-2013 at 04:06 AM.

- Ray Peat

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I found that really backing off on exercise -- doing a lot of gentle stuff -- was the way to go.

Also, yoga teachers work a lot like shift workers -- which means that our sleeping and eating rhythms are off -- which means high cortisol. it's really helpful to find a balance that works for you.