Page 71 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 71

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    That's good, I was just trying to make sure you weren't falling into a routine; we're habitual creatures by nature. I noticed, when I caught myself yesterday after a good solid week of doing the same exact thing every morning. I would wake up, grab my smokes, go outside to the same location and smoke immediately after waking up and think of the same exact self-destructive thoughts that would set the tone for the rest of my day. To rectify this, I started doing other things when waking up. Smoking before bed, or smoking after shower, bringing something to read when smoking, or smoking in a different location. I just noticed it, suddenly when I thought of those things, I had a stinging electric sensation ring in my head, and like an epiphany, I suddenly just realized what I was doing wrong.

If you notice, it's the same with a lot of people and a lot of things. They have "comfort" rituals that they fall into, and I think, this is the problem, specifically in relation to stress. Just shaking things up a little bit shows that you're in a whole new level of control.
    I hear you <3

However, it is different strokes for different folks. I'm completely flighty. I never stick to anything, I have zero routine, I travel all the time, I never walk the same way twice. I do what I want. But that's not good either.

Humans need a balance of freedom and routine, but we tend to lean too heavily one way or the other. You need more freedom: I need more routine.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    We all have different ideas of what's attractive and what's not. No idea why people are bothered by this, I love really thin legs, but I feel that a body is essentially a canvas, and beauty is subjective and ever changing. It's not like that trait, or thinness is all I love, I've found plenty of women much different than that beautiful for some reason or other. There is no one definition.

I happen to love the leg gap, and that picture isn't photoshopped, it's not even professional. Could be angles, but it's probably not considering she's intentionally trying to show it off by pushing her knees together. Not sure how you could hide that in any way, but OK.

these legs are beautiful to me. btw, in case some people didn't take away the right message, I don't hold every person to the same standards, what's beautiful in some wouldn't be the same in others, and vice versa. Like YogaBare, what I particularly find attractive about you is your face, it's very "elegant European", and so on and so forth.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-10-2013 at 03:14 AM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I hear you <3

However, it is different strokes for different folks. I'm completely flighty. I never stick to anything, I have zero routine, I travel all the time, I never walk the same way twice. I do what I want. But that's not good either.

Humans need a balance of freedom and routine, but we tend to lean too heavily one way or the other. You need more freedom: I need more routine.
    Not sure, but routines become bad habits, bad habits become stress, and it all becomes a huge part of your life. I agree that some routine would be beneficial for stability, but who wants to be stable? Well, maybe some do.

Agreed.

We all have different ideas of what's attractive and what's not. No idea why people are bothered by this, I love really thin legs, but I feel that a body is essentially a canvas, and beauty is subjective and ever changing. It's not like that trait, or thinness is all I love, I've found plenty of women much different than that beautiful for some reason or other. There is no one definition.

I happen to love the leg gap, and that picture isn't photoshopped, it's not even professional. Could be angles, but it's probably not considering she's intentionally trying to show it off by pushing her knees together. Not sure how you could hide that in any way, but OK.

these legs are beautiful to me.
    She does have nice legs.

The previous photo bothered me a lot because you're posted a picture of an anorexic girl in a journal where at least three readers have been anorexic and said that it's a turn on. I didn't comment even though I found it triggering because you're entitled to your opinion. You seem to be as bothered that we disagree with you.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    She does have nice legs.

The previous photo bothered me a lot because you're posted a picture of an anorexic girl in a journal where at least three readers have been anorexic and said that it's a turn on. I didn't comment even though I found it triggering because you're entitled to your opinion. You seem to be as bothered that we disagree with you.
    I'm bothered because it always becomes more than a different opinion when discussing a body with people, women especially. It becomes a venomous vehement disagreement with the person in question being spit in the face. I didn't get that from here, I'm just rubbed the wrong way.

I'm not bothered when women tell me they're not attracted by skinny men, and prefer muscles, it's just different strokes. Nor, am I bothered when someone looks different than any other.

How do you know she's anorexic? People can't be thin without starving themselves? I'm anorexic now too? She's just young and as such is healthy with a higher metabolism, more than likely. I don't agree with sacrificing your health for the purpose of a standard of beauty, you of all people should know that, I've only said it like 2000 times.

Not sure, but routines become bad habits, bad habits become stress, and it all becomes a huge part of your life. I agree that some routine would be beneficial for stability, but who wants to be stable? Well, maybe some do.

Agreed.
    The routine itself is not good or bad: it's the level of consciousness that one brings to it. The problem with a lot of routines is that they can quickly become habitual, but that's rectified by bringing more awareness.

Oh my god... give me stability! Stability isn't boring: it's a strong base from which one can reach great heights. The deeper the roots, the higher the tree.

- Ray Peat

Oh, and before I go, if you're bothered by anything I say, please tell me. I consider you a friend, so, that's the least I can do.

And, if you're bothered by that particular thing(anorexia), it's all that needs to be said, not a bunch of rambling pointing out a bunch of perceived made up flaws of a girl none of us here even know. It's just in poor taste imo that's all.

I'm bothered because it always becomes more than a different opinion when discussing a body with people, women especially. It becomes a venomous vehement disagreement with the person in question being spit in the face. I didn't get that from here, I'm just rubbed the wrong way.

I'm not bothered when women tell me they're not attracted by skinny men, and prefer muscles, it's just different strokes. Nor, am I bothered when someone looks different than any other.

How do you know she's anorexic? People can't be thin without starving themselves? I'm anorexic now too? She's just young and as such is healthy with a higher metabolism, more than likely. I don't agree with sacrificing your health for the purpose of a standard of beauty, you of all people should know that, I've only said it like 2000 times.
    And, if you're bothered by that particular thing(anorexia), it's all that needs to be said, not a bunch of rambling pointing out a bunch of perceived made up flaws of a girl none of us here even know. It's just in poor taste imo that's all.
    You say one thing, but then you constantly post pics of impossibly skinny girls and say how hot they are.

Idk Derp: personally I would never tell a skinny guy that I thought being skinny was unattractive. I think whoever says that to you lacks a lot of tact. The only thing I've ever expressed that I find attractive is top knots - but I wouldn't say that to a bald guy!

And I happen to like skinny women, god only knows I've tried to be it for long enough. The thigh gap is just not something I think is attractive. And maybe she's not ana, but she certainly looks it.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-10-2013 at 03:34 AM.

- Ray Peat

btw, in case some people didn't take away the right message, I don't hold every person to the same standards, what's beautiful in some wouldn't be the same in others, and vice versa. Like YogaBare, what I particularly find attractive about you is your face, it's very "elegant European", and so on and so forth.
    Oh, i just saw this edit...

Let's never fight again x

- Ray Peat

I think you can be thin without being unhealthy, myself and many people I know are living proof of that. It's not impossibly skinny(stupid phone) IMO