Page 70 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 70

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^ Stefani Ruper is a great source not only for hormonal issues but for body acceptance! Just up your alley, YB

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Define 'mind'?

I 100 per cent agree that everything originates in the mind: including physical diseases. The problem is that "mind over matter" is predominantly a subconscious prccess. the VAST majority of people are unaware of the true naturę of their minds. They have an intellectually constructed impression.

until one is familiar with the nature of their deeper mind and how it drives their lives and behaviours they will fail to create what they really want. They will only succeed in areas of life where there are NO subconscious blocks.

For most people, mind over matter is tantamount to denying their emotions or repressing traits they consider undesirable. These people often end up creating their subsonscious fears. Even further repression results in physical illness.

To truly let go requires awareness.
    You're already aware of your stresses, no? I think it's as simple as looking at them, realizing what they are, taking a deep moment to reflect on it, and then moving on. There is always going to be something worse that will happen to look forward to, why bother dwelling on all the small things?

People just over think every detail that doesn't need to be given much thought at all, really. It's not really about tapping into the deeper region of your mind, it's about critical analysis of trivial details. Just let it go, it's not going to help anything to frustrate yourself by trying to spin around ideas of a deeper part of your mind that just leads to the question: now what?

Of course, it's easier said than done, in this case I think from what I took from this post, that you have a valid point.

Did you test progesterone? FSH is the follicle stimulating hormone, it's driven by estrogen and has stress stimulating properties. My first advice would be to get some progest-e cream, it could be the only thing you really need. Maybe upping protein a little bit so the liver can detox more estrogen too.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Also, i forgot to mention that thigh gap is often photoshopped as well (in pro shots anyway). what isn't these days?

anyhoo. had such a nice day today with the clients.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, seeing your pictures made me feel like crash dieting because of how cute you looked and it reminded me of what I've been seeing in the mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Haha! I was going to say the same thing. Seeing your pics made me want to start crash dieting.
    Awwww. Thanks guys <3

I don't look like that anymore though! And right now I feel hideous again: in addition to remembering how skinny I used to be (before these pics were taken), ever since I got to Poland I've bloated up everywhere (think I'm getting my period again).

It's too easy to fall into patterns of self hatred when it is your default setting.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    The estrogen and cortisol will need to be taken care of i think, let us know what the endo says.

Tsh is a bit high, professionals in the field think it should be .2-.5, you might benefit from some armour or cytomel, no doc will recommend this though so its something you would have to experiment with on your own.

Whats with the super high bacteria, from the UTI? Im guessing the same with epithelium. Definitely get on those antibiotics.

I dont know much about iron when it comes to women. Im sure Peat has good info.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    The best thing I've found for a UTI is kombucha. I had never had one before and then went through a few years when I had them non stop and couldn't get rid of it. Finally I started noticing how the kombucha was helping and started drinking more. It worked when nothing else would and drinking it somewhat regularly, they don't come back now.

Yes, watch the cortisol. The good news is that having high cortisol is on the earlier end of the adrenal fatigue (later you don't have enough) so it will be easier and faster to reverse. I would go to bed no later than 10 and cut all stimulants of any kind, on top of the stress reduction you're already working on. When the adrenals aren't strong it can then cause hypothyroidism. If the adrenals aren't looked after it can be difficult for thyroid problems to completely go away.
    Thanks for your responses <3 I'm going to go on the antibiotics and then afterwards I'll try the kombucha. PM, did you ever try garlic oil pearls? Another poster recommended them to me.

Re. the rest of the tests: I'm sure that everything is linked: it's just a matter of finding what the initial weak link is. I actually forogt to post my liver function test results: I have a feeling that this might be a big part of the puzzle.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by VacillateWildly View Post
    Interesting and insightful test results YB. Cortisol is high, but I think you're on the right track in dealing with that, there isn't much to be done except meditate and keep calm at all costs (ha!). And this is linked with high oestrogen too. I read this recently, might be useful:

Paleo for Women | The Estrogen Dominance Post: Where Its Coming From, and What to Do About It

My iron stores always test as very low and I ended up having all sorts of invasive procedures and was even hospitalized for a few days in my first pregnancy as they though I was dying. As it turns out, my blood does a rare and strange thing is the test tubes when they collect it and clumps in the gel, giving a false reading. I have to have 'blue' test tubes, not sure if that helps. With you, you have been menstruating more often, this could cause a store depletion? I don't know, I'm not a doctor

Great for you to have these results, it certainly gives you some direction. You were bang on with the mind/body things as shown with your stress levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    ^ Stefani Ruper is a great source not only for hormonal issues but for body acceptance! Just up your alley, YB
    Thanks for that article Vac. I'll look more into Stefani's writings <3

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You're already aware of your stresses, no? I think it's as simple as looking at them, realizing what they are, taking a deep moment to reflect on it, and then moving on. There is always going to be something worse that will happen to look forward to, why bother dwelling on all the small things?

People just over think every detail that doesn't need to be given much thought at all, really. It's not really about tapping into the deeper region of your mind, it's about critical analysis of trivial details. Just let it go, it's not going to help anything to frustrate yourself by trying to spin around ideas of a deeper part of your mind that just leads to the question: now what?

Of course, it's easier said than done, in this case I think from what I took from this post, that you have a valid point.

Did you test progesterone? FSH is the follicle stimulating hormone, it's driven by estrogen and has stress stimulating properties. My first advice would be to get some progest-e cream, it could be the only thing you really need. Maybe upping protein a little bit so the liver can detox more estrogen too.
    Not really. Normally I'm not being aware of how I feel.

I hear what you're saying though, but don't worry: I am not spending every day obsessing over every iota of stress. I can see how you could interpret it that way if you took what's written in this journal as the only things that go through my mind. But it's not. This is just me consciously acknowledging emotional processes. Becoming conscious of something is actually the opposite of dwelling on it.

I did test progesterone and it was 1.94. Initially I thought this was normal, but actually it depends on what stage of the cycle one is at, and if I'm ovulating now (which I suspect I am) then it is low. I'll definitely get that progesterone cream: thanks for the suggestion: it resonates <3

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Also, i forgot to mention that thigh gap is often photoshopped as well (in pro shots anyway). what isn't these days?

anyhoo. had such a nice day today with the clients.
    My "bone obsession" was always with the hips. I feel fat if my hip bones don't jut out. The thigh gap is not something I've ever even noticed! That girl just looks like she has crooked legs imo.

^^These are beautiful legs to me.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-10-2013 at 02:59 AM.

- Ray Peat

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yeah, hip bones stick out more when you use your glutes less. they kinda tuck in when you hold the pelvis right. Crazy that.

btw, I cleared my message box.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Not really. Normally I'm not being aware of how I feel.

I hear what you're saying though, but don't worry: I am not spending every day obsessing over every iota of stress. I can see how you could interpret it that way if you took what's written in this journal as the only things that go through my mind. But it's not. This is just me consciously acknowledging emotional processes. Becoming conscious of something is actually the opposite of dwelling on it.

I did test progesterone and it was 1.94. Initially I thought this was normal, but actually it depends on what stage of the cycle one is at, and if I'm ovulating now (which I suspect I am) then it is low. I'll definitely get that progesterone cream: thanks for the suggestion: it resonates <3
    That's good, I was just trying to make sure you weren't falling into a routine; we're habitual creatures by nature. I noticed, when I caught myself yesterday after a good solid week of doing the same exact thing every morning. I would wake up, grab my smokes, go outside to the same location and smoke immediately after waking up and think of the same exact self-destructive thoughts that would set the tone for the rest of my day. To rectify this, I started doing other things when waking up. Smoking before bed, or smoking after shower, bringing something to read when smoking, or smoking in a different location. I just noticed it, suddenly when I thought of those things, I had a stinging electric sensation ring in my head, and like an epiphany, I suddenly just realized what I was doing wrong.

If you notice, it's the same with a lot of people and a lot of things. They have "comfort" rituals that they fall into, and I think, this is the problem, specifically in relation to stress. Just shaking things up a little bit shows that you're in a whole new level of control.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant