Page 7 of 244 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 7

Zach is offline Banned
    I agree, ditch the supps.

Good points, sometimes i forget how emotionally driven some people are.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    shh...
    I often wonder if MDA doesn't also add fuel to the eating obsession fire. I just try to take everything with a pinch of (pink Himalayan) salt these days. Sometimes it works, other times not. There is no food Jesus.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    shh...
    I often wonder if MDA doesn't also add fuel to the eating obsession fire. I just try to take everything with a pinch of (pink Himalayan) salt these days. Sometimes it works, other times not. There is no food Jesus.
    Ha I love it when a newbie comes to the forum and asks an innocent question, only to be confounded by a raging war between anonymous avatars.! Just reminds me of religious divides. Anyway, as I always say, I've given up trying to know the "answers". I've been wrong too many times...

Better just to keep an open mind and do what you can to avoid keeling over. Oh yeah, and be happy

486670303452918490_r3X1qbh8.jpg
    Last edited by YogaBare; 03-28-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    sometimes i forget how emotionally driven some people are.
    Ha... I have a theory or two on that
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

E.M.T.W.L

Entry Thirteen: Lucky You

Originally I thought I'd only stick with this for two weeks because I wouldn't be able to cope with the
    "insidious weight gain"
    - Mark Sisson
    I recognise now that two weeks is not long enough to change the habits of a lifetime. I have to keep going.

Sleep:
    Pretty good. Slept 11.30pm to 6.30am. Woke up from hunger.

Temperature:
    Couldn't be bothered... I'm freezing all the time so I doubt my body temp has improved yet.

Food:
    Oh, I was a hungry bear...

CALS |FAT | CARBS | PROT
    Totals |3880 | 186.5 | 314.7| 244.7

Pork, cooked 400 grams
    1083 68 0 109
    Nixe Salmon, canned 140 grams
    182 8 0 29
    Tomatoes, raw 3.5 large whole (3" dia)
    115 1 25 6
    Coconut milk (brand: cocofresh) 150 grams
    120 9 2 1
    White potato 1.5 medium (2-1/4" to 3" dia, raw)
    260 6 49 4
    Milk, whole 1 cup
    146 8 11 8
    Banana, raw 2 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
    210 1 54 3
    Sugar, raw 3 teaspoon
    46 0 12 0
    Honey 2 tablespoon
    128 0 35 0
    Beef steak, fried 200 grams
    575 35 0 61
    Shrimp, cooked 2 large shrimp (shelled)
    17 0 0 3
    Eggplant dip 1 cup
    389 31 26 10
    Beets, cooked 4 slice
    22 1 3 1
    White potato, mashed 2.5 cup
    525 19 83 9
    Orange, raw 1 medium (2-5/8" dia)
    62 0 15 1

Today was another hungry day. As usual, when I'm hungry, I start to doubt if I'm doing the right thing. After all, I used to get hungry days whether I was skinny or slim - and those would be the days I'd binge. How can I be sure that feeding this hunger is the right thing to do? Well, I started a hunger thread to see if anyone knew what hunger really was.

They don't. So I guess I'll keep eating

In other news:
    I caved and went to the dentist with my mum today. As I said a few pages back, she's always making "helpful" suggestions to me about how I could look better, and the most recent one was that I should get my front tooth fixed (I broke it years ago during one of my drunken escapades). Anyway, she's probably right, so she came with me for a consultation with this "Wonder Dentist" who happens to do orthodontic treatments, plus a plethora of beauty treatments including... Botox.

So, after my tooth consultation (I'm getting a veneer), I decided to ask her about umm... getting rid of the wrinkles around my eyes. My poor mum was horrified, and even the dentist (who's probably my age) was a bit surprised. They both told me that the lines around my eyes are not bad at all (the dentist said they were "cute"), and I don't need a procedure like that.

So we're back to the body dysmorphia thing! But I can't accept it - I think that she (the dentist) is just being nice.

And at the end of the day:
    I've decided to extend my stay at my parent's house. The house is warm, I don't have to buy food (this is an expensive habit...), and I'm getting on great with my parents. It's helpful for "the love thing". Plus there's something very therapeutic about spending time with them. When I observe their behaviour I can see where I got certain traits, and how I am repeating their patterns.

Irrespective of whether I turn into a blimp by the end of this (looking likely...), I will have gotten my weight in insight.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-13-2013 at 03:56 AM.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Ha... I have a theory or two on that
    Lets hear it.

Awesome that your sleep is improving!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Lets hear it.
    It's long...!

But basically, everything and everyone is / are driven by emotions. Not everyone realises it. As a very rudimentary summary, my observation is that people who really feel and identify with their emotions are more prone to depression and addictions, those who repress their emotions get sick (seriously - Type C personalities are the most likely to get cancer), those who project their emotions live their lives looking down on others.

Very basic outline!

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    It's long...!

But basically, everything and everyone is / are driven by emotions. Not everyone realises it. As a very rudimentary summary, my observation is that people who really feel and identify with their emotions are more prone to depression and addictions, those who repress their emotions get sick (seriously - Type C personalities are the most likely to get cancer), those who project their emotions live their lives looking down on others.

Very basic outline!
    Interesting. Not sure I can identify, but would like to hear more!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Zach is offline Banned
    It's long...!

Very basic outline!
    What about the people (me) who think excessive emotion is just silly and one should think logically? . I also dont miss people and love being alone... Hahaha.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sorry Zach - if you're alive, you have emotions!

That's a common response though, particularly from men who were encouraged from a young age to be "manly" (or for women who wanted to win their father's approval).

I do believe that most people have similar strength emotions but that some people are "receivers" and some people are "dumpers". I'll give you an example: A boss, who is totally rational, conducts his business. In his coldness he constantly upsets people around him. He doesn't understand why all the women he meets seem to be so totally unhinged. How can it be everyone else and not him? He's not admitting to certain feelings / traits within him, and he ends up inciting those feelings in others. In psychology it's called Transference. Carl Jung called it the shadow.

I love being alone too! But I think life's not life unless it's a bit of both - alone, and with people, the head and the heart? Being alone is for thinking: but it's only when we're with people that we can really love.

EDIT: You might find this article interesting. It's about the electrochemistry of emotions: http://www.6seconds.org/2007/01/26/t...-feeling-good/
    Last edited by YogaBare; 03-30-2013 at 05:23 AM.

- Ray Peat

Page 7 of 244 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast