Page 69 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 69

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Jaysus. I'm a good 6ft tall. I slouch and all and my posture's terrifying, but yes. People tell me I'm intimidating ALL THE TIME. Even when I'm quite underweight...especially men. It's as though I'm being tall *at them*. Er, no. This is how much space my body takes up - it's your problem if you find that threatening (and, yes, you are thinning a bit on top).
    I slouched so much for most of my life that people thought I was only 5'5! And it was completely (subconsciously) intentional: I was trying to hide myself, make myself as small and inconspicuous as possible. Probably why I felt more comfortable underweight too.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I made a thread about this, but I figured I'd post it here too. Got my blood and hormone results back. Any insights any one could give me would be really appreciated!

Hormones
    My Estrogen is high. The range is between 28 - 1828 (depending on time of cycle) - mine is 2028.
    My cortisol is high. Morning range is 6.2 - 19.4. Mine is 20.67.
    Prolactin (337.3), Progesteron (1.94), testosterone (1.18)are all in the normal range.
    Also got Serotonin tested but have to wait two weeks for this.

Thyroid
    TSH: 1.42 (normal)
    FT3: 3.84 (norm is 3.13 - 6.76)
    FT4: 12.29 (norm is 12 - 22)
    LH: 10.32 }
    FSH: 3.09 } Don't know much about these, but they seem normal?

So I'm not hypo, but my FT3 and FT4 are borderline.

Urine
    I have an infection here. No idea how long I might have had this.

Erythrocytes and leukocytes are both a little high (23 and 25 respectively; norms are 20).
    Flat epithelium is quite high: 89 (norm is less than 30)
    Bacteria: 3490 (norm is less than 400)
    pH was fine (6.5).

I've given another sample and am seeing the doctor tomorrow. They say I have to go on anti-biotics but need to determine which ones. I hate going on anti-biotics. What can I do to help my gut flora repopulate? Should I take a probiotic?

Blood and Lipids
    Weird result with my iron and ferretin. My iron is high: 154 (norm is 145), but my ferretin is on the lower side of normal: 35 (norm is 13 - 150).

Total Cholesterol: 354 (from 355 (which was the recheck) a few weeks ago)
    LDL: 229 (from 220.5 a few weeks ago)
    HDL: 108 (from 114.46)
    Trigs: 83 (from 109)

So cholesterol is still high, LDL has gone up even more, and HDL has gone down. But there's a good improvement in my trigs in just a few weeks. I severely reduced my fat intake and started taking milk thistle.

Morphology
    Mostly everything was normal, but my hematocrits, Monocytes and leukocytes are borderline low, and my neutrocytes are slightly under. Could be explained by the urinary infection?

Good news:
    Inflammation is practically non existent: 0.3 (the norm is 5)
    Fasting glucose is 84 (norm is 74 - 106)
    Electrolytes and minerals are perfect.

A lot of info I know. If anyone has the stomach or knowledge to help I'd really appreciate it! I"m seeing an endo tomorrow, and getting a scan of my reproductive system. So will know more then.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I completely agree. How's it working out for you?
    Pretty good, I think, I don't stress over the small stuff just the big stuff
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Pretty good, I think, I don't stress over the small stuff just the big stuff
    Define 'mind'?

I 100 per cent agree that everything originates in the mind: including physical diseases. The problem is that "mind over matter" is predominantly a subconscious prccess. the VAST majority of people are unaware of the true naturę of their minds. They have an intellectually constructed impression.

until one is familiar with the nature of their deeper mind and how it drives their lives and behaviours they will fail to create what they really want. They will only succeed in areas of life where there are NO subconscious blocks.

For most people, mind over matter is tantamount to denying their emotions or repressing traits they consider undesirable. These people often end up creating their subsonscious fears. Even further repression results in physical illness.

To truly let go requires awareness.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-09-2013 at 07:16 AM.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    The estrogen and cortisol will need to be taken care of i think, let us know what the endo says.

Tsh is a bit high, professionals in the field think it should be .2-.5, you might benefit from some armour or cytomel, no doc will recommend this though so its something you would have to experiment with on your own.

Whats with the super high bacteria, from the UTI? Im guessing the same with epithelium. Definitely get on those antibiotics.

I dont know much about iron when it comes to women. Im sure Peat has good info.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    @Paleomom, Cierra, Ombat: thank you for the kind words

Posting those pics was a lot more triggering than I thought it would be. Ever since then I found myself filled with loathing towards my body, and thinking about crash diets. Which doesn't really make sense, considering the supportive comments you guys gave me!

I know that this is an inner problem and I need to sort that before addressing the outer problem. It's more important for me to finally accept my body than to think about dropping body fat.
    If it makes you feel any better, seeing your pictures made me feel like crash dieting because of how cute you looked and it reminded me of what I've been seeing in the mirror.

I slouched so much for most of my life that people thought I was only 5'5! And it was completely (subconsciously) intentional: I was trying to hide myself, make myself as small and inconspicuous as possible. Probably why I felt more comfortable underweight too.
    This was me too. I slouch so bad! I was an early grower and towered above all my classmates. Being shy and having everyone at school hate me added to the desire to shrink and disappear. I wanted so badly to be a short little thing. I enjoy my height now, but the poor posture is still a struggle.

The best thing I've found for a UTI is kombucha. I had never had one before and then went through a few years when I had them non stop and couldn't get rid of it. Finally I started noticing how the kombucha was helping and started drinking more. It worked when nothing else would and drinking it somewhat regularly, they don't come back now.

Yes, watch the cortisol. The good news is that having high cortisol is on the earlier end of the adrenal fatigue (later you don't have enough) so it will be easier and faster to reverse. I would go to bed no later than 10 and cut all stimulants of any kind, on top of the stress reduction you're already working on. When the adrenals aren't strong it can then cause hypothyroidism. If the adrenals aren't looked after it can be difficult for thyroid problems to completely go away.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, seeing your pictures made me feel like crash dieting because of how cute you looked and it reminded me of what I've been seeing in the mirror.
    Haha! I was going to say the same thing. Seeing your pics made me want to start crash dieting.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Interesting and insightful test results YB. Cortisol is high, but I think you're on the right track in dealing with that, there isn't much to be done except meditate and keep calm at all costs (ha!). And this is linked with high oestrogen too. I read this recently, might be useful:

Paleo for Women | The Estrogen Dominance Post: Where Its Coming From, and What to Do About It

My iron stores always test as very low and I ended up having all sorts of invasive procedures and was even hospitalized for a few days in my first pregnancy as they though I was dying. As it turns out, my blood does a rare and strange thing is the test tubes when they collect it and clumps in the gel, giving a false reading. I have to have 'blue' test tubes, not sure if that helps. With you, you have been menstruating more often, this could cause a store depletion? I don't know, I'm not a doctor

Great for you to have these results, it certainly gives you some direction. You were bang on with the mind/body things as shown with your stress levels.