Page 68 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 68

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    What's wrong with liking smaller asses? It's still attached to a feminine curvature, so it's not like it looks like a 10 year old boy. The physical attribute I'm attracted most to, is that leg gap between the thighs. Sure, it's a fad that stemmed from an obsession with runway models, but I've always found it insanely attractive. I like really thin women, that most full bodied women claim to be "figureless prepubescent boys", which is sort of disrespectful and reeks of insecurity imo. Not saying anyone here is like that, just jotting down an observation.
    Just to be clear, I was NOT describing these things as being what I saw in YB! I was commenting on her own words describing herself. There is nothing wrong with little asses. When I see that comment about 10 year old boys being placed on women it is usually a small tight little bottom (which is fine) attached to a woman completely lacking in hips. Just straight, from armpit to knee. This bothers me because it brings women to look at someone like that and think that hips are wrong and unattractive. I've seen waif models that are skin and bone and still have hips that stick out past their waist, as they should, so this has nothing to do with fatness or thinness. I'm only wanting YB to see that on a skeletal level our bodies have hips that stick out. That is normal, attractive and just the way it is.

My comment about not wanting anything to do with a man who like that is not about liking small asses but rather liking a woman that reminds them of a 10 year old boy. That is just wrong.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Okay, here is a decent example. She is thin, possible thigh gap if we could see it but lots of muscle makes for a full, round ass that is big in a good way and not the full figured way, which is not what I was trying to endorse. I'm just trying to be clear that I'm not trying to become a full figured girl just wanting the muscle to keep me round

http://media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com/73...5207067130.jpg

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Just to be clear, I was NOT describing these things as being what I saw in YB! I was commenting on her own words describing herself. There is nothing wrong with little asses. When I see that comment about 10 year old boys being placed on women it is usually a small tight little bottom (which is fine) attached to a woman completely lacking in hips. Just straight, from armpit to knee. This bothers me because it brings women to look at someone like that and think that hips are wrong and unattractive. I've seen waif models that are skin and bone and still have hips that stick out past their waist, as they should, so this has nothing to do with fatness or thinness. I'm only wanting YB to see that on a skeletal level our bodies have hips that stick out. That is normal, attractive and just the way it is.

My comment about not wanting anything to do with a man who like that is not about liking small asses but rather liking a woman that reminds them of a 10 year old boy. That is just wrong.
    For sure, I love hips.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

diene is offline Senior Member
    The physical attribute I'm attracted most to, is that leg gap between the thighs.
    Really? Of all the things you could be attracted to in a woman, you're attracted to the thigh gap? How strange. (Not saying that there's anything wrong with it, just odd, that's all.)

I think having a thigh gap is partly being really thin and partly having the right bone structure. You also can't be too muscular.

I actually find it to be really ugly. It's especially noticeable when women with really thin legs wear really tight jeans, and then the gap is really obvious. It looks odd somehow. I don't know--it's all subjective.

I think the nicest thing on a woman are nice full breasts. (I will actually look at women's breasts, like kinda stare for a second, the way men do, even though I'm mostly straight.) I myself have small breasts, which is very unfortunate (and unfair since my mom has large breasts and of all the things I inherited from her, the breasts were not one of them), and if I ever got plastic surgery, it would be a boob job.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Okay, here is a decent example. She is thin, possible thigh gap if we could see it but lots of muscle makes for a full, round ass that is big in a good way and not the full figured way, which is not what I was trying to endorse. I'm just trying to be clear that I'm not trying to become a full figured girl just wanting the muscle to keep me round

http://media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com/73...5207067130.jpg
    That's a picture of a nice ass.
    Last edited by diene; 05-08-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: typo: breats-->breasts

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Really thin women in tight jeans? Yes please. I don't know, I find it insanely attractive, even if most men don't even notice it(seems to be a female aspiration more than anything, ie; "thinspiration") I notice small things I find beautiful about the female body, that goes beyond the normal "tits and ass" fascination. It's like an admiration, the female body really is infinitely attractive. Soft, delicate, artistic, and I even notice how they're much more sensitive to touch than men. You can see that in how they react to finger tips running over most areas of their body. Of course, I've never touched a man like that, but for myself, I know I'm far less sensitive to touch.

Odd? You bet. I never have been anything but though.

♥♥
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-08-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Oh, the thigh gap... Envy of all women. Only had it when I was 100 lbs. I have this permanent bump between my thighs that closes the gap, but then it opens again below that bump. It's the oddest physical feature... No idea where it came from...

Anyway, I agree that YB looks beautiful in those photos. Very feminine and fit. I also think Kino is gorgeous for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Derp
    I'm of the opinion that mind > matter
    True. I most of my symptoms seem to go away when I'm the busiest. Why? because I'm not thinking about them... We create our own problems.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    First, a lot of "thigh gap" is actually body positioning in the photograph. Even in the one posted, it's the feet apart with toes and knees turned in, internal rotation of the femur out of the hip joint, no glute activation that draws the front of the pubic bone back that makes the thigh gap look bigger.

taking the gal in the picture posted and putting her into a health stance, she'd not only be stronger/healthier for it long term, but she'd also have far less thigh gap -- maybe an inch. This is, of course, meaning healthy, naturally thin/petite people (largely my yoga students who are that body type).

I'm not as thin as those students, and when I'm standing with "super awesome" posture (feet hip distance apart), I have about a half-inch thigh gap. Feet together? no gap. If I put myself in that twisted up position, 2-3 inch gap. KWIM?

Second, Kino is attractive. She also has postural issues. I would love t work with her on those. That being said, she is a *tiny* person and being a much less petite person, Paleomom is right -- we don't look the same when we get as lean/whatever. We tend to look quite a bit larger and more intimidating. At least, this is what I've been told from when I was my leanest and smallest version of myself -- I still was intimidating.

Of course, it could be that I'm just intimidating to people.

Third, I'm much more about getting one's body working really, really well, and then getting a good understanding ofwhat that body's natural appearance is and then appreciating that. Seriously, I do love my body. It's super stupid sore today because of my posture work (which is rehabilitative). It's amazing how quickly it works once you start doing it, but damn.

Anyway, DH says that I look like a different woman now that I'm accessing the proper biomechanics to stand, sit, and walk. I struggle with my yoga practice because I'm used to a completely different feeling/proprioception for the postures. It's a lot of work developing those new neuro-pathways.

Nevertheless, when I look in the mirror, I like what i see. I suppose that it doesn't look like what other people "like" or what is fashionable right now or whatever. But you know what? not really caring.

I know that my body is healthy and getting healthier. I think I'm 'pretty' -- not gorgeous or whatever, but nice looking. And I think my body is attractive too. It is particularly now that my posture is fixing and my boobs are even (as are my hips and shoulders now, and my head is also straightening out -- amazing how it works).

Anyway, now I'm rambling.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Jaysus. I'm a good 6ft tall. I slouch and all and my posture's terrifying, but yes. People tell me I'm intimidating ALL THE TIME. Even when I'm quite underweight...especially men. It's as though I'm being tall *at them*. Er, no. This is how much space my body takes up - it's your problem if you find that threatening (and, yes, you are thinning a bit on top).
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

I'm of the opinion that mind > matter.
    I completely agree. How's it working out for you?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    @Paleomom, Cierra, Ombat: thank you for the kind words

Posting those pics was a lot more triggering than I thought it would be. Ever since then I found myself filled with loathing towards my body, and thinking about crash diets. Which doesn't really make sense, considering the supportive comments you guys gave me!

I know that this is an inner problem and I need to sort that before addressing the outer problem. It's more important for me to finally accept my body than to think about dropping body fat.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-09-2013 at 03:54 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat