Page 64 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 64

  1. #631
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,543
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I think you should post a pic of yourself just so we can tell you how beeaauuutiful you are <3
    You're supposed to tell me how much work I've got to do, dammit!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  2. #632
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    BEEEAAAUUUTTIIIIFFULLLL

    All those frutarians looks pretty slim to me... and it's probably a healthier way to lose weight than going in the opposite direction aka what everyone else here is doing.

  3. #633
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Hope it works out. Where in CA are you thinking of going? I'm from CA originally although I live on the East Coast now; I'm planning on moving back to CA (San Francisco Bay Area) within the next year (hopefully by the end of the year, but we'll see).
    SF! I lived in San diego 11 years ago, and fell in love with SF when I visited it. Although I've always had a weird draw to Cali: from the age of 6 I started telling my parents I wanted to live there. Santa Barbara is meant to be nice too...

    I hear you on the work I've come to the conclusion that the most important thing about health is stress reduction and human connection. That's what I'm prioritising now

    Is that weight shifting for you at all? (and are you still "eating a ton"?) btw, I'm reading GOT - love it!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  4. #634
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    BEEEAAAUUUTTIIIIFFULLLL

    All those frutarians looks pretty slim to me... and it's probably a healthier way to lose weight than going in the opposite direction aka what everyone else here is doing.
    It was so easy for me to be skinny as a vegan, but some people here say they were fat vegans. It depends on your physiology.

    Saying that, my skin and hair were dreadful (dry), and I didn't get my period for months. I need balance!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  5. #635
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Yeah, but were't you also eating grains and SAD shit when you were a vegan?

    SF is great, and SB is really nice too, but quiet. You might be bored there.

  6. #636
    diene's Avatar
    diene is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northeastern U.S.
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I think you should post a pic of yourself just so we can tell you how beeaauuutiful you are <3
    I agree!!

    I don't know about a fruitarian diet though. I'm not so sure about consuming excessive quantities of fructose. I don't want to get into an argument over fructose here, but people like Mercola believe that fructose is bad for you. Now, I buy crap from Mercola from time to time, and I read his articles. But sometimes I wonder if he's just a quack. Well, not a complete quack, but it's clear to me that he reads the same stuff that we read (paleo community stuff), and sometimes his articles just regurgitate the information someone else has posted somewhere else. And that's not encouraging to me. But he posts some good stuff sometimes. Anyway, he is very anti-fructose (which actually has caused me to feel guilty every time I eat an apple, which I think is kinda ridiculous). But this-->why you maybe shouldn't adopt a fruitarian diet: Surprising Health Hazards Associated with an All-Fruit Diet

  7. #637
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Yeah, but were't you also eating grains and SAD shit when you were a vegan?

    SF is great, and SB is really nice too, but quiet. You might be bored there.
    I was eating a shit ton of lentils and veggies, pita breads, avos, rice milk, artificial sweeteners, and lots and lots of oatmeal. I didnt menstuate for months and everyone told me it was cos I was too thin. Then I started taking iron supps, and guess what happened? Yup. Got my period the next day!

    I need meat... lol
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  8. #638
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    I don't think it has to be all or nothing. You could do mostly frutarian with meat re feeds every once in a while. Once or twice a week just go crazy on a couple of steaks or a giant fish or something? That's probably more similar to how we would actually eat as hunter gatherers... You know... I might have to think about this.....

  9. #639
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    I agree!!

    I don't know about a fruitarian diet though. I'm not so sure about consuming excessive quantities of fructose. I don't want to get into an argument over fructose here, but people like Mercola believe that fructose is bad for you. Now, I buy crap from Mercola from time to time, and I read his articles. But sometimes I wonder if he's just a quack. Well, not a complete quack, but it's clear to me that he reads the same stuff that we read (paleo community stuff), and sometimes his articles just regurgitate the information someone else has posted somewhere else. And that's not encouraging to me. But he posts some good stuff sometimes. Anyway, he is very anti-fructose (which actually has caused me to feel guilty every time I eat an apple, which I think is kinda ridiculous). But this-->why you maybe shouldn't adopt a fruitarian diet: Surprising Health Hazards Associated with an All-Fruit Diet
    Here at "This is not a Lobe Song" we discourage partaking in fruit fear Honestly, I bought into the insulin spiking thing at first, but before that I always thought that fruit was the most natural food stuff for humans. If you look at our teeth we don't have omnivorous dentals: we have sharper incisors and the structure is basically perfect for gripping and tearing fruit.

    Personally I argue for balance, but there's no reason not to eat portions of fruit. Apples do cause bloating though
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-06-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  10. #640
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,543
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I don't think it has to be all or nothing. You could do mostly frutarian with meat re feeds every once in a while. Once or twice a week just go crazy on a couple of steaks or a giant fish or something? That's probably more similar to how we would actually eat as hunter gatherers... You know... I might have to think about this.....
    Only in summer and autumn... Although there is the migration theory...

    Anyway, I'm done with restrictive diets. I ate sticky toffee pudding last week man - I feel so ALIVE!!!

    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-06-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •